Author Topic: First Times  (Read 16316 times)

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
First Times
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:59:42 pm »
Today has been a day of firsts for me.

To expand, it has been my first time using the mine launcher and the lumberjack, both to - varying - degrees of success.

However, I got my first ever lumberjack balloon pop today, and I have to say that the satisfaction was palpable. Seeing that distant spire suddenly begin an unwitting descent was hella satisfying. I genuinely felt like a more versatile player. Three consecutive shots in quick succession. It's probably nothing special to many of you here, but to me, that was a lifetime achievement. I felt happy enough to fly to whatever country that spire's pilot was from and give them a hug for being such a whopping big target.

So I guess this thread is for casting back to those nostalgic early days, and talking about first experiences with different aspects of the game.

How was your first time getting a double gun drop on a galleon with burst artemis? Did you feel like screaming some less eloquent form of "fornicate with oneself" with a big, excrement-eating grin?

What about the first time you ate shit from a galleons broadside? Or the first time you were on the business end of a loch flak? Did your brain take a little while to process just what the hell happened?

Let's talk about our firsts, shall we?

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: First Times
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:18 pm »
The first time I gunned with Carn was rather different from when I gunned with the SLUGs.

Apparently being an opportunistic Gunner is frowned upon, as Carn was thoroughly displeased when I left the main gun (out of arc/reloading) to go shoot the side gun.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »
The first time I gunned with Carn was rather different from when I gunned with the SLUGs.

Apparently being an opportunistic Gunner is frowned upon, as Carn was thoroughly displeased when I left the main gun (out of arc/reloading) to go shoot the side gun.
One thing, that was a noob pilot on a difficult map. Another is that I have standards.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:43 pm »
In that case, we need to get you on a ship with Cheeseness and I.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:55:37 pm »
I've offered to help you in practice mode, but you don't reply for when we can schedule.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 03:16:09 pm »
Well, I share a laptop with someone who's often out of town.

(We're derailing this thread.)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:58:46 am »
Back when Gat/Flack was a thing kpenguin showed me the sweet spot on a junker where you could get a Gat/Gat/Flack trifecta. It was a moment of enlightenment that transformed me from a marginally effective pilot to a terrifyingly effective pilot, until Muse nerfed it.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 06:18:12 pm »
The first time I used a squid: "This ship is utter crap! It sucks!!"
The first time I 5-0'd a team in a squid: "THIS IS MAI WAIFU!!!!"
The first time I used a mine launcher in dev app: "Hehe heh eheh HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!"
The first time I used a mine launcher outside dev app: "Hehe heh eheh HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!"
The first time I used a Munker, that Captain Phoenix and I invented, to make Phoenix rage quit a match: ""Hehe heh eheh HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HAHAHA AHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 06:51:27 pm »
My first Mine Madness Monday match.....I was just flicking through the lobby list, and it looked interesting. My first mine match was not on a munker though, it was a muid. It changed my life...........

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »
Jeez, you should've heard him yesterday on the Muid I was piloting...

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:23:02 pm »
Mine Madness is such a beautiful thing............It goes so well with maniacal laughter......

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 12:18:02 am »
Yeah, but not when the maniacal laughter is vaguely sensual.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 02:19:15 am »

Run with Zuka...sensual maniacal laughter becomes commonplace.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 12:12:24 pm »
Back in TT at about level 32 using a Merc heavy flak spire both with buff loch with a good ally in a blender fish, against a team which looked stacked against the odds for us, they both took blenderfish, map was Canyon Ambush. The satisfying moment we saw the first of their ships come out of cover and it died in two well timed shots, then the second ship popped out. Match chat was great as the enemy applauded us for getting a 2-0 head start without taking a single shot.. Finishing with a score of 5-1 on a game which we thought we would loose.

And the first time using the aforementioned tactics in a pub match against a fish and squid enemy and being accused of hacking... XD

The first time I won against Leuosi! (He's like Ace Rimmer, what a guy!) was a mobula ally and Lues team mate was about equal skill to our mob, Lues ally and my ally both fought each other 1 on 1 while me and the TT crew manned a pyra against a Ryder crewed squid.. It took a looking time but we won 5-3 almost all the match was 1v1 us vs Lue and the ally ships against each other!

The first time I flew alongside Fynx during a 3v3, we flew metamidions against two Ryder ships and one random pub ship, our ally level 8 flew carro flamer pyra... Fynx took the lead, commands were simple l, follow the ship in front, we went around the side to find their spawn, Fynx destroyed the first enemy in seconds, and turned for the second ship who I was already aimed at, we double teamed the second ship and our ally flew towards the third, before the respawn our three ships were damaging their third ship! And pretty much this was the match, final score 7-2... Fynx never flew metamidion since...

The first time I flew a squid alongside Captain Vannlander!!! This was the very early levels 5-10! Double squid combo and a lot of fun! (Vannlander often goes IC on capt and crew chat lol)
Then using squid again with random ally, and loosing very quickly XD

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 01:42:35 pm »

Run with Zuka...sensual maniacal laughter becomes commonplace.
I've never actually flown with Zuka.