Author Topic: Pilot Loadouts with Stamina and Stuff  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Pilot Loadouts with Stamina and Stuff
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
Seeing that I've given Guns of Icarus a 2 month downtime, I want to get back into fighting on air. I piloted a match yesterday, which felt very different from the way I remembered.

Thing is, with Stamina and changes to Flamer and H.Carronade, I need to rework my Pilot loadout.

Stamina is like a basic pilot tool that turns essential tools optional.
Flamer and H.Carronade used to be what my pilot tools revolved around. Since they are less of a marked-for-death guns, I think I can drop a couple of my pilot tools.

What do you guys think? And how do you loadout your pilot for each ship?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot Loadouts with Stamina and Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:56:31 pm »
Since all that nerfing and Stamina thing I changed the following: On exactly one build I changed the Flamerthrower to an incendiary Light Carronade.

That's it.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot Loadouts with Stamina and Stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 03:33:35 pm »
Stamina doesn't really replace tools, it enhances tools and gives extra opportunities. The only change I've made is dropping claw in place of drogue for kero drogue hydro in certain situations. Kero claw hydro is still the standard loadout most of the time.

Heavy carronade doesn't have the power it used to and due to stamina it's easier to fight against. Blenderfish requires aggressive play whereas before you could sit back and keep them popped.

Stamina doesn't replace pilot tools so I wouldn't necessarily recommend changing your pilot loadout. Flamer and H carro are no longer considered OP so you might wanna try out new combinations.