Author Topic: Would this fix Flayed Hills?  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Would this fix Flayed Hills?
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:47:51 pm »
Green circles are spawn areas for both teams. Center point is always active first, making this more like a KotH rush and battle. After that, the points SHOULD become active randomly, with maybe a Skyball type warning of where the next point will be. Baring that, Center, NE, SE, SW, NE, Center.

I checked out all these locations, and battles would be ideal. It would be hard to predict where the enemy would come from. Quite a few thousand meters have been taken off the course.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
Re: Would this fix Flayed Hills?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »
...with maybe a Skyball type warning of where the next point will be.

That's the only way I'd be on-board with this randomization of the points. I like the predictability of knowing where the next point is ahead of time; it allows for strategic fleet movements and decisions. I'd want a 90 second warning (which is half the time a point can be active). Seriously. That's generally when I start telling my allies to move out if we just wiped out a point and have definite control.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »
Sounds good to me. Anything to break up the meta. 90 seconds, more, maybe even tell the next point as soon as the active point changes. "A has become active. D will become active in 200 seconds." Good for vets, good for nubs.

What do you think about the spawn and point layouts? I pretty much put them in a symmetrical pattern, then checked out the places they landed. By happenstance, they all looked great for various combat situations. Moving them in further allowed for interesting corner spawns, keeping combat close and utilizing the never-used corners of the map.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:40:31 pm »
Looks good, although something should be in vent/bowl area around D10.

Another idea - Take some of the tall pipe etc features from canyon ambush (including the ones visible outside the area) and place them in parts of this map to make it more interesting.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:34:06 pm »
Looks good, although something should be in vent/bowl area around D10.

Rule 1: Function over form. It looks good, but does not play well. Sadly, it it has to go as a point.

Another idea - Take some of the tall pipe etc features from canyon ambush (including the ones visible outside the area) and place them in parts of this map to make it more interesting.

I had thought of moving the tower from I1 to HI2 to make an interesting vertical barrier. Forgot to note that.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »
I've never noticed a gameplay problem with that point, its a good change from fighting over various patches of open sky.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
I agree with Loon on the pipes. It'd be nice to see the pipe labyrinth brought in around F3 to J2. It'd making fights for that point in the bottom right hand corner more interesting.