Author Topic: mino push power  (Read 17162 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: mino push power
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 05:11:42 pm »
The very first thing I would change would be velocity. The slow travel speed alone makes it less than enjoyable to shoot. Damage and force can be adjust all you want as long as you can hit things, or understand why you are missing and adjust, as with projectile weapons. With the current Mino, sometimes you just have no idea why a shot did not hit.

Offline Frostbound

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 4
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:04:48 pm »
sometimes you just have no idea why a shot did not hit.

Well, basically this. How about just giving it a proper projectile to begin with. It's like a carronade buckshot that travels the speed of an unbuffed galleon in a tar cloud

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 06:24:45 pm »
The latest patch added visuals for the Minotaur and light carronade, but it could be made more visible. Perhaps the color could be changed or add brightness/glow. I think increasing projectile speed is a good option, perhaps around 500 m/s.

When it first came out I suggested the projectile speed should be lowered because it was very simple to use and could easily snipe out components in one shot at over 1k. It rivaled the lumberjack in many aspects as the long range gun of choice on spire. Now it's a mid range gun that is reliant on heavy clip to be effective, but a limited effective range because of it.

With the lower component damage I don't think it would hurt to revert back to around the old speed of 800 m/s.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:29:37 pm by BlackenedPies »