Author Topic: Double XP Weekend?  (Read 21364 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Double XP Weekend?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 04:05:11 pm »
I'd like to step in as a CA and request that we don't specifically name people in negative ways

Also, double xp weekend works for games like HotS where level really isn't that important to anyone except for the player so they have access to more gold or hero talents and othe playears dont see your level to begin with. Having an artificially inflated level doesn't effect anyone except for the individual player. In GoI, an artificially inflated level is deceptive because everyone sees it and it's supposed to be a reflection of skill. Additionally, higher levels don't provide any benefit to the individual except an added sense of pressure to preform higher than your experience allows.

Bad idea
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:07:46 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »
I'd like to step in as a CA and request that we don't specifically name people in negative ways

Also, double xp weekend works for games like HotS where level really isn't that important to anyone except for the player so they have access to more gold or hero talents and othe playears dont see your level to begin with. Having an artificially inflated level doesn't effect anyone except for the individual player. In GoI, an artificially inflated level us deceptive because everyone sees it and it's supposed to be a reflection of skill. Additionally, higher levels don't provide any benefit to the individual except an added sense of pressure to preform higher than your experience allows.

Bad idea
Well said.

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 03:11:39 am »
I'd like to step in as a CA and request that we don't specifically name people in negative ways.

Sorry. Its just a reoccurring joke between me and rin. My bad

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 03:25:18 am »
I'll be honest, while I agree there is a level inflation issue at novice levels, I do think that the difficulty of leveling scales remarkably for non-pilot classes. The achievements are simply harder to do. As a pilot, at least half of the achieves technically have 4 people working on them, and another chunk such as use any given tool can be EASILY ground during downtime on a point or between kills if you have a half-decent engineer to keep up with the DPS to your parts.

Pilot is truly the easiest class to level IMO, and yet it is the hardest class to play as a good pilot needs to manage his crew well, something I still have trouble with from time to time. Meanwhile I'm finding engineer achieves incredibly hard to get because they require such specific actions. (You try asking a captain to let his baloon break so you can rebuild it or explain why you arent fixing the goldfish hull cause you need 19 more rebuilds on it) Yeah, no captain is gonna like that. How about those combat ones? Gunnery achieves arent quite as bad.

As for XP for kills, that wont work. I cannot tell you how many times I've had my ship all but finish an enemy only to have an ally gat that last sliver of health and get the kill credit. In regards to levels, you have to realize that people like the numbers, it makes them feel accomplished. by the time they get to high levels they are more likely to stick around but those first few levels are key to making people feel accomplished.

finally, if this rinntaq guy is as good as you say he is max, I need to borrow him. I've had the get 5 and get 20 kills at 1kM achives sitting undone for a while now, both still at 0. HOw you get a kill at that range is truly beyond me.

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 03:28:15 am »

finally, if this rinntaq guy is as good as you say he is max, I need to borrow him. I've had the get 5 and get 20 kills at 1kM achives sitting undone for a while now, both still at 0. HOw you get a kill at that range is truly beyond me.
He is very good. The hawatcha incident was the only shot I haveseen him miss
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:31:34 am by The Teenage Wizard »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:01:11 pm »
I don't say this to be demeaning or somehow lessen the expirience, but you should have seen it in the old days. If you were max level and only had 1000 matches, there was some achievement farming going on. These days, I see multiple max level engis with only 300 matches. It's absurd. Any class is too easy to level right now and it doesn't need to be easier

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 12:55:21 pm »
I don't say this to be demeaning or somehow lessen the expirience, but you should have seen it in the old days. If you were max level and only had 1000 matches, there was some achievement farming going on. These days, I see multiple max level engis with only 300 matches. It's absurd. Any class is too easy to level right now and it doesn't need to be easier
I do agree, and think they should nerf it just a bit right after the summer holidays... ( Defiantly not because I am going to grind out my engi and gunner :P )
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:00:59 pm by The Teenage Wizard »

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 01:18:21 pm »

I was around before the leveling redo. Though I played a lot less (I have almost exactly 500 matches atm) I do remember. it took quite a long time to leave novice.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 01:39:19 pm »

truth

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »

I was around before the leveling redo. Though I played a lot less (I have almost exactly 500 matches atm) I do remember. it took quite a long time to leave novice.
Agreed, I stayed in novice long enough so all my classes were lvl 3 (the old novice max) THEN I progressed out of it when I felt I knew the basics

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »
pilot easiest to level?

Hell naw... consistently the one class the maxes out first per player is the engie. Because a) most of the achieves are just grinding large amounts of simple habitual actions b)all ships require two engies usually while only one of each of the other class.

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:02:25 pm »
I donno, there are a lot of rebuild achieves yet if the crew has good engineers, you might never rebuild ANYTHING. Gunnery ones are tough because good engineers have such specific gunning times.

case in point, despite it being either number 1 or 2 in its branch, I'm not even 3/4 done with the rebuild 20 engines with spanner, why? because if we are doing our job, we don't let them break.

I do agree that most max it out first, after all, like you said, most crews are Pilot,gunner/engi,engi,engi. However from a pure ease of leveling standpoint (so level progress in relation to time spent in that class) I still think pilot has it easier in the long run.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 10:38:15 am »
I donno, there are a lot of rebuild achieves yet if the crew has good engineers, you might never rebuild ANYTHING. Gunnery ones are tough because good engineers have such specific gunning times.

case in point, despite it being either number 1 or 2 in its branch, I'm not even 3/4 done with the rebuild 20 engines with spanner, why? because if we are doing our job, we don't let them break.

I do agree that most max it out first, after all, like you said, most crews are Pilot,gunner/engi,engi,engi. However from a pure ease of leveling standpoint (so level progress in relation to time spent in that class) I still think pilot has it easier in the long run.

thats why you fly with bad pilots.

no matter how good an engie is if a bad pilot keeps trying to suicide. dem rebuilds are free. and lets face it. there are far more bad players than good ones.

So rebuilds and repairs are far more common than destroys and rebuilds when you're pubbing.