Author Topic: Player Weight  (Read 15525 times)

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Player Weight
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:42 am »
The mobula might work if you let it flip over and then harnessed the crew to the bottom with some kind of abseiling rig.

I'd love to play on an upside down mobula though =)

I agree that while weight in sailing is interesting, I wouldn't like to see it in game without having more fine tuning about where to put the guns. You could then have real strategies of weight distribution. That seems a bit complicated though...
Maybe one day a year, Muse creates a server where all the ships are upside down. :D Hahah. But I do agree that they should spend the time on Adventure Mode instead of "Player Weight" which wouldn't be a very good feature anyway.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:55 am »
I think squid would make a decent boat if you removed the balloon.

Fits the islander chaladon theme nicely.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:51:58 am by Omniraptor »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 10:27:44 am »
Talking about Guns of Icarus Physics,

Sometimes, I like to close my eyes and pretend that that's how real physics works. Even though I'm a physics major and all.

So yeah, beat it reality!

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 03:48:02 pm »
Talking about Guns of Icarus Physics,

Sometimes, I like to close my eyes and pretend that that's how real physics works. Even though I'm a physics major and all.

So yeah, beat it reality!

Instantly changing direction in the air and tapping W to walk \o/

Also, teleporting back if you ever happen to decide you want to jump off the balcony of your home.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »
Using player position to change the course of your ship is an interesting idea, but considering how tight the Guns of Icarus game play is right now I don't think the new mechanic would add much to the game and may detract a lot from it. The idea itself could be fun an interesting if you made a game from the ground up about maneuvering via weight shifting. There is a game called Transformice that does a similar thing with multiplayer physics based problem solving.