Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 421128 times)

Offline Silver Corsair

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #870 on: June 14, 2016, 12:14:10 am »
Leaving Frey's Quarters Alexander gives the guards a smile. "You really can get anywhere as long as you know you're supposed to be there. Any way before you go can you point towards Ulric's room."

"Just over there."

"Thank you"

Outside Ulric's Quarters
Alexander waits for his return.

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 14, 2016, 05:28:35 pm »
Eagle's Shadow dock

Looking around himself, Emil found that actually many a man was trying to apply there.
Some crewmen were standing near one of the ship entrances. They had really annoyed faces and many papers in their hands, suggesting that they were the ones that took all the applications from the various would-be crewmen.

Putting up his most lordly face, Emil reached the annoyed crewmen and gave them the letter with his and Selenia's official application.

As he gave the letter, he also put in the man's hand some coins and added:
''This is a very important thing, now you go and give it to Mr. Frey, okay?''

The crewman, a bit of light flashing in his tired eyes, nodded and walked towards the ship's interior.

As Emil was walking away, he saw a man, thin, with no other particular characteristic, walking like a drunk towards one of the ship's less guarded side entrances.

''Oi you!'' cried Emil as he walked towards the man.

''Who, me?''

''No, your uncle!'' Emil joked.

''Ah, ok.'' The man turned around and kept walking away.
Emil reached him and took him by the scruff.

''What's your problem man?'' the man whimpered.

''That's a restricted area.''
Emil's face was dead serious.
He was answered with a drunky smile.

''I just wanted to apply!''

Emil then threw the man towards the direction of the application dock he pointed at it.
''There. To apply, you go there.''

The man was still smiling.
''Ok, thanks.''
And he kept walking and wobbling towards the direction pointed by Emil.

After the nobleman went away, the thin man changed. Nobody was near him, to see, but he suddenly stopped walking like a drunkard and assumed the demeanour of a businessman of sorts. He was no longer smiling.

''Hello.'' He said as he approached makeshift counter used to register the applicant. ''I'm Fritz Iljic, I'd like to apply as engine engineer.''

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 14, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »
--Gura Luplul, Tranquility--

The voices over head continued, Davis was watching as Kei fiddled around with her bindings.

"I hope you have a plan Kei, cause I don't." With Kei's reveal and unwillingness to back down Davis was dragged into a nonexistent plan.

"Hold on... give me- just a little- Ha!" Her bindings snapped, rope falling to the deck as she massaged her wrists. "Here, let me get you."

With the two of them freed they had to come up with a plan.

"They're still talking up there."

Kei nodded as she examined their surroundings. "I see your rifle."

Davis perked up. "Really, because I'd rather not buy another one."

She nodded again, "Starboard railing. Think you can grab it?"

He smirked, "Try and stop me. What's the plan?"

"We jump off the ship."

He raised an eyebrow, "What, that's it?"

"Yes," she turned to face him. "They're in hiding, they won't cause a commotion if they can help it, if we get off the ship they'll either have to reveal themselves or let us go, I doubt they want the first."

"Yeah..." He stroked his chin, "If we do make it, we can take a ship to Vyshtorg, get us there within the day, either we link up with our ship, or we radio Cathedral about what happened." He took a deep breath. "I'll go for the rifle, you just make it off ship."

She nodded, "On three?"

"Yeah, no. Just go!"

Without waiting for a reply he sprinted right out of the cabin space, immediately he sighted the rifle sitting near the fore end of the ship. He shifted his body and made his move, in an instant he heard his captors yell as he came into sight beneath the command post, he ignored their cries as his rifle was finally within reach and turned just in time to watch as Kei threw herself from the port side onto the harbor, at least, he hoped it was the harbor.

Come on Davis just think of it as throwing yourself from the highest tower! You've done that before... sort of. If one neglected to mention the highest tower was a playground structure.

He steeled himself and charged, vaulting over the railing as Kei righted herself, running for the nearest pile of crates. Davis hadn't realized his mistake until he hit the ground hard amidst startled pedestrians and surprised dockworkers. He got to his feet seconds later and followed suit, panting as he rounded the crates. Kei was waiting for him, taking deep breaths, hand on her side as rested.

"Bad fall?"

She smirked at him despite her state, "Not as bad as yours."

He rolled his eyes at her, "Right, lets just find a ship and get out of here so I can get my answers."

--Frey's Quarters, Eagle's Shadow--

...Shit.

"Shit." She shook her head."I had wondered..." She took a deep breath.

"The confirmation though is alarming, but we can't worry about it now." She took this moment to right her chair and sit in it properly. "We're going to need more people, though with our previous experiences we need to be more careful about who we hire but we need to be prepared above all else."

She sighed, "We should also look into getting more aircraft somehow, we can't just keep working with so few craft and if we loose what few we have left we'll be stuck." She turned to Courage, "Maybe we should call in those favors."

--Galley, Eagle's Shadow--

Hank was in the galley after dropping Lorena on her bed, she had passed out on the way forcing him to drag her the rest of the way, and despite not being heavy he was still hungry enough to grab lunch. That was when he saw the twins drag themselves in, it was a comical sight, almost pitiful really, still, with all the work that needed to be done, on the orders of both Crowe and Lorena the engineering crews continued working despite yard workers that were assisting them. He watched as the pair of them begged for coffee and kitchen staff was... well, they were working to contain their giggles.

Hank himself was also doing his best to keep from laughing, and so apparently were the Comm officers, If one discounted Gregory, though despite his calm demeanor Hank noticed the amused glint in his eyes. One of the kitchen staff managed to regain their composure and directed them to the coffee machine in the back of the kitchen.

Hank stood and made his way over to the gathering bridge crew, a few of the helm officers and navigation team members had joined the table and everyone was having a drink or a meal of some kind.

"Mind if I join you?" One of the helmsmen gestured to an empty chair and he sat down with his food. "Thanks."

"Hey engie," one of the helmsman, a woman with blonde hair had called to him from the other side of the table. "Think we'll be done here soon?"

"Uh... Probably? Those two weren't lying when they said Crowe and Lorena were working us hard, hell she passed out herself, we'll probably be done within the day, so tomorrow before noon I think." He shrugged, "Don't take my word for it, something could come up and we do need to resupply still."

--Gunnery Deck, Eagle's Shadow--

"Hmm?" Amelia turned from her work, despite her inexperience there was one thing she was sure of, with adequate instruction one could do their job just as well as any other. Because of this she had decided to ensure that the maintenance crews knew their weapons from a technical stand point.

"No I believe I have this under control, if you wish to assist me that would be generous of you."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:02:28 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 14, 2016, 08:10:24 pm »
MedBay

Going over to a hanging clipboard, Ulric shakes his head at the numbers.

"I count at least 6 dead and double that wounded. No wonder we went through these supplies."

Replacing the board back, "As for the samples, I've been looking them over... You know what, follow me, I'll show you."

As he motions for Alison to follow, Ulric calls back in, "Renard, you'll be fine by yourself right?"

"Good so far, few minutes alone won't hurt," the young man responds.

Satisfied, Ulric walks out with Alison in tow.

Ulric's Quaters

"I just found something extremely weird," he begins as the pair walks down the cooridor, "It seems there is something in the blood, that when adrenaline is mixed in, causes a chain reaction that amplifies the muscles in the body. Since its been a few days, the sample you gave me return back to a normal red color."

Once they reach his room, he notices the new man.

"Um, hello? You are?"

Frey's Quaters

"I agree," Frey nods," if they have been tracking the Kiebeth, then they may have been tracking the Shadow's position as well. Once we pass Guild borders, we must expect a surprise attack."

"Well if we are done," Cpurage starts as he stands, "I'll see myself out and head into town. Meeting with Fyodor may take a while."

"Very well. If that is all, you are dismissed."

Gunnery Deck

"Well I'm the one who just fire the guns, Courage knows most of the weapon systems. But doesn't mean I can't learn."

Walking over to her, Theodore picks up one of the manuals and opens the page.

"Oh, so that's how the Hawacha loads it's rockets." he says intrigued.

Guru Lupulul, Tranquility

"Sir they got away." one of the raiders inform Jasper.

Struggling to control his temper, he barley whisper out a response, "I can clearly see that. If they find a ship or radio tower, they will inform the Shadow."

Pinching his nose, Jasper walks across the top cabin before stopping at the radio. Changin the frequency, he points to one of the raiders, "You, drop a rope, climb down, and follow the pair. I don't have time to change course."

"What am I suppose todo once I find them?"

"Dispose of them. Once that is done, contact me back on this ship's frequency, got it? I got to make a call so quickly be fore we lose them."

Complying, the man rushes back downstairs and grabs a rifle, pistol and spare ammo. With help from another raider, they toss off a rope where he quicky slides down.

Back at the helm, Jasper waits patiently until a click is heard from the other line, "Master, seems like we may have a problem.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 14, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »
Ulric's Quarters

"Interesting, it certainly explains a lot, isn't it likely that after the adrenaline dissipates, and the muscles return to normal proportions, the subject would suffer sever exhaustion?"

Glancing at the new guy, Alison amends what she was about to say,

"After recent events the, subject, suffered a severe bout of exhaustion.  What do you think the long term effects could be, or after an event which causes a significant amount of the compound to flood the system?"

Frey's Quarters

"I'll head into town then, see if I can't get some mercs to sign on, I'll try to make an emphasis on engineers with more than a year's worth of experience.  Might be better for us long term."

Heaving himself out his chair, Alister makes his way into Vystorg,

Vystorg

Now then, did they relocate after the Yeshan Incident?

Alister begins to navigate through the city, orienting himself with the new buildings that have cropped up since the attack.  Wherever a large enough population of people exist, you can always find a certain type of establishment.

Bingo, and only a few extra bullet holes since last time,

Walking through the door, Alister surveys the drinking mercenaries.

"Gentlemen!  Have I got the job for you!"

Offline Silver Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:21 am »
Ulric's Quarters

"The name is Alexander Owl. I believe your my captain. My skills are varied where do you want me? And no one has explained what you've just been through."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:43 pm »
Ulric's Quaters

"huh, didn't know I was getting a new crew member?" Ulric ponders while stroking his chin, "But never the less welcome aboard. Currently my ship is under some repairs in the Hanger Bay from the incident I had a few days ago. Go over and find Peak, he can help you more."

Opening the door to his room, "At the moment I have some things to show Ms. Alison here."

Hanger Bay

Walking through the busy space, Courage finds himself having to dock and weave as people and materials are being passed around. Soon he stands in front of the two pilots and mechanic sporting amusing grins.

Giving a deadpan stare, Courage says, "You try walking through that with a fake leg," as he lifts it up.

"Hey we needed a good laugh," chuckles Antonio, "So what are you doing down here?"

"Well I'm going out to try and get some new planes for ourselves. I mean we can't survive with only three left and dwindling parts."

"So you are asking if we can join you to review them before we take them." Marie deduces.

"Yup, so how goes?"

The three looks at one another before giving a unanimous shrug.

"We are in," Farris says for the three, "So we taking the half track that's been sitting out front in the Storage Bay."

"Umm, I don't think the Guild would like seeing that thing put in the streets," Courage slowly puts out, remembering how the two machines in the forward space were involved with the Yeashan Incident.

"We just have to call for a ride," he suggested.

"Ok then," I'll put a word out. Getting stuffy in here anyway," Says Marie as she heads off the transport.

Frey's Quaters

Neatly stacking the papers, a knock is heard on his door just as he places them away in his locked drawer.

"Coming in," he calls while dusting off his uniform.

"Afternoon sir," one of the crew who was outside recruiting came in, "Looks like this was sent to you."

In his hand is the letter that Emil has written which Frey retrieves from the man.

"This all?" he asks as he breaks the seal.

With a nod the man turns away as Frey reads the letter.

Thinks he isn't part of the crew already, he chuckles as he reads it through, Well, time to make it official I suppose.

Pulling out a drawer, he retrieves a stamp and marks the letter with a green check mark. Folding it, he stands as he makes his way out and towards the Bridge.

Galley

"You two must have pissed someone off." Charles says as he sips his drink with a hidden smile.

"Here, this might help." Janet moves from her seat and retrieves two plates of egg, bread and Bacon.

Guru Lupulul

After their initial fall, the crowd surrounding Kei and Davis opens up surprise at their drop. Quickly looking around, they head off towards what seems like the north towards the main square. Soon the lone raider slides down a few minutes after.

"Where should we look first?" asks Davis who is trying to keep up with Kei's pace.

"Maybe a communication center, we need to get a message out."

Behind them, they hear several grunts and yells as several people are pushed down to the ground.

"I think one of them is trying to track us. We need to hide or change out of our flight suits," Davis suggested.

Offline Silver Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 15, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »
"Sir, before I go should I be concerned about being drugged? What's this with the blood?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 15, 2016, 09:52:18 pm »
Ulric's Quarters

"A confidential matter that is way above your pay grade.  Relax, your not in danger of getting it."

Galley

"Coffee,"

"Nectar of the skies,"

"Wait,"

"Did we piss someone off?"

Vystorg, Merc Bar

"Is that Carn?"

"I thought he was dead?"

"Really Greg?  That guy has the constitution of a skywhale."

"Lads, there's a large ship in dock, bound for an expedition south into uncharted skies.  I happen to be high on it's food chain, and have been approved to hire on some more muscle."

"Hit Raiders and expecting worse?"

"Probably at least a dozen dead."

"Worse, that plus only a handful of engineers who know what they are doing."

"Which is where we come in, right Alister?"

"Exactly, well lads, its 10,000 crowns.  Are you in?"

Offline Silver Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:32 pm »
Ulric's Quarters
"Can't be that bad, your security is horrible. Don't worry I know when to forget. Just saying these walls have ears. They were built to fly and not much else."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 16, 2016, 09:09:32 pm »
Ulric's Quarters

Shrugging, Ulric leads her in to the workbench. Sitting on top are the several samples from when Carn berserked.

"See, normal red. And to answer your question, after undergoing something that extraneous there are bound to be bouts of exhaustion."

Galley

"By how tired both of you look," starts Janet as she places the plates down, "It's either you two are out of shape or someone in Engineering is putting out more work to be finished. Which I'm assumming is this 'Lady of Engineering'."

Hanger Bay, Fifth Season

"Ok, bring the crane around slowly," Peak calls out to Jim.

Attached to the hook is a new poonton for the port side of the Junker. The starboard one has already been replaced, making the Season seaworthy again. Still the amount of hull damage is extensive and majority of the armor has to be stripped as they took most of the force coming back down onto the water. Using hand signals, Peak guides it in where he and Arnold bolts it in.

Frodor's Guildhall

After an hour long ride, the first 40 minutes has been waiting for a cab, the four finally arrives in front of the massive building. Being the last one out, Courage pays for the fare before the car drives out.

"There goes 40 crowns... What a rip off," he mutters under his breath before almost hitting Antonio.

"Huh?," the pilot turns, "Opps sorry Courage."

"Yeah, yeah. Why did you guys stop?" before looking up to where their gaze were, "Seriously, you stop to gaze at the building?" deadpanned.

"I'm from a small town in the Dunes," start Marie, "and this is like a manor."

"It's just one of the big trade hubs here. Besides, I seen one bigger..." Before it was blown up. omitting the last part to himself.

Walking forwards, he motions the three to follow him inside. As they reach the main door, many types of people buzz around them, from businessmen to farmers. With Slava out of the picture, Fyodor's hall is the next prominent one within the capital. Entering, they are met to an large, open main lobby. In the center sits a very ornate fountain. On the far wall houses a weird billboard with numbers that changes ever so often. On the right are small cubicles where a line is formed with several businessmen while the left are halls leading to the rest of the building. Stopping in the middle of the room, Courage looks over the cubicles and spots one that looks more official than the others.

"there, " he points out, "Must be his personal secretary."

"Well what are we waiting for." Farris says as he starts to make his way over.

Looking at one another, the three quickly fall in behind him as they make their way to the desk.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:13:09 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2016, 01:46:04 pm »
Fyodor's Guildhall

As the group approaches the desk, they see the see the secretary typing away on her typewriter. Glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose and sitting siffly upright, she barely looks away before acknowledging them.

"If you are here to meet with Master Fyodor, there is a month long waiting list."

Finger in the air, Courage's mouth hangs open amazed at he perception. Closing his mouth, he straightens himself, "Excuse me, but this is rather urgent. You see I happen to know the Guild master on a professional note and...."

"Yeah you and everyone else," She interrupted. Lowering her glasses, he stops typing and looks at the group, 'If you really want to see him, I'll write you up on our nearest opening. Either then that, if you can please remove yourself from the premise before i call security. Thank you."

As she resume typing, Courage pulls the three back with a annoyed look upon his face.

"That went well." Marie sarcastically says, "Thought you knew the guy?"

"Know him," He emphasis, 'But we may not see eye to eye."

"How so," Farris questions.

"Long story, had todo with the Yeshan Incident, but we are going to see him no matter what."

Confused, they quickly figured out what he ment as he start to run, awkwardly with the prosthetic, towards the different halls.

"You guys following?" he yells out behind him.

'HEY YOU THREE, STOP RIGHT THERE." a security officer calls the them as he and the restof the lobby watches on.

"Ah Flak me, you heard the man. RUN!!!" Antonio ordeers while catching up to the Anvalan.

Eagle's Shadow, Bridge

Entering, Frey notices the lack of crew manning the different stations. Since docking, they relaxed the rotation and only necessary personnel are working when they are needed. Currently the navigation team is just storing the maps that were out earlier.

"Afternoon sir," a young female acknowledges the man, the two others simply nods.

"Afternoon, Ms. Knightly, Mr. and Mrs. Holmes. So how is our course?"

"Well, we have several locations that are a point of interest to begin our survey" says Mrs. Holmes with a hint in her voice that suspects that this isn't a surveying mission at all anymore.

Picking up the hint, Frey doesn't change his expression, "Very well, does Captain Morgan and our other Captains know?"

"Well Captain Morgan requested us to make this a map," Her husband replies, "But we ill informthe rest once we depart."

'Very well. One last thing. Put out a call to have all hands have the rest of the night and tomorrow off. After what we have been through we deserve this."

Complying, Ms. Knightly goes over to the Comms Station, "Attention all hands, Liberty has been granted for the remainder  of the night and all of tomorrow, that is all."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 19, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »
Docks

Whistling, Alister makes his way up to the Shadow.  Behind him, crudely march about a half dozen veteran engineers, and a dozen or so seasoned riflemen, and one grizzled old gunner.

"And here we are, we plan to head south, chart the skies and land, and wreck anything that tries to stop us.  Along with a payment of 10,000 crowns.  We have four airships inside, a few planes, a tank, and a half-track.  Think you like our odds boys?"

"Aye sir!"

"Good!  I'll lead you fine gentlemen of fortune to the Hangar Bay, where you will sign your contracts.  After that, don't cause any trouble, unless otherwise ordered to do so."

Turning around, he adds on,

"And for those of you who know her, Ms Alison is a part of the crew.  She's the Chief Medical Officer, and the only one on board with any kind of serious medical knowledge, is one of the pilots.  So I recommend you lads stay healthy, and keep certain comments to yourself."

A few of the infantrymen pale, while the old gunner grins.

Galley

"The Lady!"

"She's a demon with a spanner!"

"There's always more work!"

Offline Silver Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 19, 2016, 02:53:50 pm »
Catfish Bar, Grill, and Betting house. Radio log 1900.

Mr. Owl: Message for Ivan Smith: I am need a third rate. Contact William, send him south. If you have any presents they are well appreciated. I might have something unusual soon keep in touch. I put 40 Clunkers and 5 Shineys on Dave McDawl.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
--Fyodor's Guildhall--

"You three, get the west corridor. I'll take another team to the east. Find those intruders!" screamed the head of security.

A chorus of of "Yes Sirs" come from the three as they pull out their night stick in one hand and a radio in another. Since their scene in the lobby, Courage and his ragtag group are running wild in the massive building trying to find it's owner. There were several close calls with the guards who happen to be in the area unknowing of the situation. After picking up one of their radios, Farris overhears a transmission.

"Double up the patrols. These maniacs need to be caught" came the rough voice of the security head.

"One thing for sure, we are maniacs." Farris agrees, "Why did you talk us into this?"

"Hey he owns me and several of my friends big time. Besides he will agree oncei tell him the purpose of why we need them." Courage calls back while still running and closing in on a door.

Behind him closely, Marie catches up and pulls his collar stopping him, "All this trouble for scouting planes for a surveying mission. I don't think that is a valid reason."

Letting him go, she crosses her arms and wait for Antonio and Farris to catch up, "Before we continue, what is really going on? I should havve suspected something as you, out of the entire crew, keeps being called by the Captain for meetings. And you are some ex guard of sorts."

Hearing the yells of security coming down the hall, Courage looks at the woman and over her seeing the shadows coming around the corner, "Ok, this is not a surveying mission per say. There is more to it, I'll explain once we are back to the ship. Right now we to find Fyodor and not get caught."

Grabbing the handle, Courage pulls and tries to walk in before falling over someone.

"What in the world is this!!" came an familiar voice, "Ohh, you again...."

Rubbing his head, Courage tries to stand up before being detained by the buildings security.

"My apologies Master Fyodor, these four where seen trying to break in. Don't worry we'll take them away." The head of security explains.

Sighing, Fyodor says to the man, "Release them." earning several huh's from security and Courage's group.

"This young fellow here is Mr. Bell, a very close associate of one of the Zhaos." he explains, "If he is here, then he must have something important."

With a smug smile on his face, the security lets him and his group go before saying one last apology. Once gone, Fyodor turns to the group.

"Well if you are here, follow me. Must be really important if you are willing to cause my security to go on a wild goose chase." He says with a wave before going through the door Courage opened.

"You know a Zhao?" whispers Anotonio to him.

'Yeah, he is a friend of mine. Azn Zhao, lives in Anvala." he answers.

Inside the office, Fyodor moves behind his desks and motions them to take a seat, "So if you are here, I'm assuming you are with the transport that the Councilwoman allowed to dock within the Military Docks? So is it supplies you need?"

"Yes and some more, we have a small plane squadron on the transport that have taken quite a beating. We only have three functional planes and handful of spare parts."

"So you need a new squadron of planes," the Guild master deduces.

"Yes," Marie spoke, "These two and myself are part of workforce of maintaining the planes. We are here to evaluate what you have in stock." Courage nodding along.

"How about this, just got a shipment form Chaladon. New plane that we acquired from one of their factories. Dubbed Spitfire for the amount of fire it outputs."

"You have them here?" Asks Farris.

"Yes, I can take you to the airfield and show you." Fyodor offers.

"Well Chaladon haven't made a bad plane yet." Marie debates, "I want to see them myself."

"Very well," Fyodor stands, "I'll make a call to arrange for us to go to the field. If you can wait out in front of the building."

Nodding, Farris, Antonio, and Marie stands and exits the office. Still sitting, Courage watches as Fyodor finishes his call.

"That easy to get planes? What are you trying to pull?" He asks.

Walking around his desk, He retrieves his coat and suitcase of one of his cabinets, "You don't think I know the reason that transport is here? I got several recon reports of two more groups in the North and West. So apparently the Baronies are trying to hunt down the last of the Birdmen and you need more supplies because you manage to get into a mishap with one."

"That's spot on." Courage standing up amazed.

"I told your friend Zhao that we are trying to cover up our association with that group. I am willing to to help... to a degree. So are you coming or what?" holding the door for him.

--Air Field--

After an hour drive, they manage to get to the city's lone air field. Already on the tarmac are two Spitfires being serviced by several maintenance workers. Sporting forest camo, they stick out to the tan of the desert. Stopping the vehicle, the chauffeur opens the door to let them out. Walking towards the planes, Marie quickly walks ahead of them and start looking over one of the planes.

"She is very enthusiastic," Fyodor observes, "Well these are your to test. There are suits over in the hanger and the planes are ready to go."