Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 426422 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #690 on: October 13, 2015, 10:00:20 am »
Med Bay

"Oh he keeps them in one piece. I'm expecting the twins will try their luck. Honestly, some people DO improve after a few rounds. And it keeps the crew in decent condition, and prevents Alister from getting bored."

Galley

In unison the twins, who had just entered, storm the cart carrying the cry. "FOOOOOOODD!!!"

Gunnery Deck

Having heard the battle cry of the crew, Alister remarks.

"I'm thinking the kid finally got in."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 13, 2015, 06:28:52 pm »
Galley

"Alright, everyone, settle down, settle down. Each of you takes one or two pieces of fruit and a chunk of meat. Then we all come back for seconds!"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 13, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »
Hanger Bay

Finding anything to sit around Farris, Kei starts off ,"Well its obvious that I am of Yeshan decent. Born in the costal city of Hongshi Coast. Before you asked, I was conscripted for the military as most of the citizens are. Didn't want to be on a ship, so I opt being a fighter and due to where I lived I patrolled the Flayed Hills area and saw a lot of action with smugglers. After my time was up I got up and became a freelance pilot."

"Well I didn't join or was forced to join the military," says Farris next, "I'm from Cambodon near the Abermar Valley and I wanted to fly ever since I was little. Helped that my folks were crop duster and had plenty of planes to fly. Was in the racing circuit before coming here, so you can say that I'm a adenealine junkie."

Finally Antonio is next once Farris is finished, "Where to start, I'm from Sky End in the Baronies and due to the altitude flying is the main form of transportation. I found that airships were too slow and the freedom of being in your own machine. You maybe wondering why my name is not Fyordish, my folks moved from Dunes and having that climate change was rough."

"So you know some tuff about us, how about you?" ask Kei.

Gunner Deck, Port

Shaking his head, Courage spots the maintenance team coming. Turning the Carn, Amelia, and Gaige he says, "If they got this side here, I'll head over to the starboard side. Amelia want to come? I sure can use the help for initial inspection."

Galley

While he makes the rounds around the ship, Enger reaches the Galley where he hears a loud commotion.

"The King's name?"

Entering he sees a mass of people surrounding a cart full of food and grabbing the contents out. Trying to get around the crowd he spots the ringmaster and briskly walks towards him.

"What is the meaning of this?" he says to Koali

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 13, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »
Galley

Koali receives a bit of a shock from how official the man sounds, but manages to keep some of his usual attitude.

"When was the last time you had a piece of fresh fruit?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 13, 2015, 08:33:06 pm »
Galley

Placing a hand over his eyebrows Enger replies, "This morning in matter of fact, besides we are in Cathedral where people can get fresh fruit form all six Factions whenever they want. Just because we live by a desert doesn't mean we can't have these. What time is it anyway? Breakfast should have ended."

Taking out his pocket watch, Enger notices that it is around 11 in the morning and his eyes widen.

"If you excuse me I have to find the Commander," he turns to the room, "If you are done getting your fill, we have a schedule to keep. Liftoff in three hours, so finish and get back to work!" he yells outloud.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:34 pm »
Galley

"Is that guy related to Alister?"

"I hope not....."

Gunnery Deck

A half dozen sheepish engineers enter.

"Someone call for a crew?"

"Hmph. You lads are in for it. Whoever was in charge of maintaining the guns, seems to have forgotten about them. At least the heavy flak's arming mechanism is rusted to hell, the hwatchas are full of some black muck, and the mounts are shot."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 13, 2015, 10:02:34 pm »
Gunnery Deck:
"YOU LOT, GET YOUR MALLETS OVER HERE AND LINE UP!"

Immediately corralling the engineering team, Gaige distributes tasks with expert precision, before going back to working on his Hwatcha, cleaning and inspecting each mechanism with an almost religious fervor.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 13, 2015, 10:15:24 pm »
Galley

Koali began carving the meat and handing out slices to the people that had stayed in the galley.

"Y'know, this stuff is great! I wonder if it's possible to roast the meat before even butchering the beast? Some kinda rifle that launches burning globs of flamethrower fuel, maybe..."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 14, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »
--Eagle's Shadow, Gunnery Deck--

"Alright." She said as she gathered her tools. Stuffing most of them into her toolbelt she stood to follow him as Gaige and Carn began to chew out the engineering crew.

"Courage?" She asked, "Do you think we will have these finished by this afternoon? I would rather not miss lunch."

--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

"Well, that's an interesting story isn't it?" He jumped off the wing and began circling the plane. "Bit of a long story, see I-" placing his hand over his heart in a flourish, "am the eldest son of a rather weathly Chaladonion architect. And because of this I had the finest tutors money could hire, which also led to me attending university, see dad expeced me to take over the family business. Not really into that sort of thing. Anyway, needless to say a few things happened and upon graduation decided that I was going to join the military."

"Dad being... well... dad, decided to use his incalculable influence to prevent me from doing so. And because of this I decided to flee the islands, and ended up becoming a mercenary. Really, I know, strange choice in career for a fresh univeristy graduate who had little to no wordly experience, except physics translates really well into firing weapons for some reason. Not that I mind of course, I happen to quite like being able to hit things that are trying to kill me."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 22, 2015, 09:55:03 pm »
Gunnery Deck

After several minutes of rising stress levels, as the extent of just how much decay had set into the guns, Alister grabs a rusted lump already deemed useless.

"Right then, lads your first duty is to get the guns operational. If I stay one of two things will happen. Either a) I will attempt to help, which would likely result in bigger problems. Or b) I do nothing, and just yell at you. Instead I will leave, Mr. Gaige, you have command of these swabbies for the duration of this repair."

Looking away from Gaige and back to the swabbies, for their age and ineptitude could only mean that is what they were.

"Fix. My. Guns."

And with that, he crushes the rusted lump between his hands and stalks away. In all honesty, it looked far more impressive than it was. But he had always found fear to be the most effective motivator for a green crew who had yet to work with him. After that he heads to his bunk to clean up, again.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2015, 11:49:12 am »
"OK YOU LOT OF WORTHLESS SWABBIES, CONSIDER THIS A CRASH COURSE IN WHY YOU TREAT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE POOR, NEGLECTED MACHINES LIKE YOUR OWN SON."

Striding up and down the deck shouting orders at the swabbies swarming over the guns, he irritably shoves aside a swabbie to inspect another heavy flak.

"Again?  Rip out the arming mechanism, I'll jury rig it later.  That damned thing is beyond repair."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 28, 2015, 12:34:26 pm »
Carn's Cabin

Having been covered in rust and the mysterious sludge, Alister cleans himself up. Unfortunately now his clothes need cleaning. Going to the small trunk where he has begun to store his personal effects, he pulls on a pair of black pants and a blood red shirt. Then he notices a package in the bottom.

In a clear, neat handwriting all to familiar to him he reads the attached note.

"Alister,

I thought you might want this back. A Commander, even one who must share power, must look good.

Alison"

Opening it, he finds an old and worn jacket. Patches on the shoulders are faded, where his chevrons used to be. A few bullet holes around the bottom, still smelling of gunsmoke. His old dress uniform jacket, removed of all marks of rank.

"She actually kept this thing....."

Making up his mind, he pulls on the jacket and straps on his weapons belt.

"Time for a visit to the bridge...."

He begins to whistle a cadence song as he walks to the bridge.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 28, 2015, 01:46:53 pm »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Davis did another round about the craft as he got familiar with the equipment he would have to work with.

“Anyways, it's not like I'm that interesting. Right so-.” He said as he came to face them once more.

“Drinks?” Antonio pulled out a bottle from skies know where. Kei choked on whatever it was she was going to say as she gave him a look.

“Antonio!” She snatched the bottle away from him before she began examining it. “What is this stuff anyway?”

“Sparkling cider.” He said with smirk. Farris exploded in a guttural laugh while Davis was trying desperately to stifle the laughter bubbling to the surface. Kei rolled her eyes and took a swig of the bottle before passing it back to him.

--Eagle's Shadow, Med Bay--

“A bored Alister sounds interesting.” She thought aloud. Though the thought was interrupted as three crew members came in, one of them being carried by the others. “What happened?” Skies above how was someone already incapacitated?!

“He uhh… ate too much.” The man who spoke gave her a rather sheepish look.

“What.” It wasn't a question either.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 28, 2015, 04:17:23 pm »
Medbay

Sighing, seats the young man down and shoves a bucket in his hands. Before he can react, she then drives her fist up into his stomach, resulting in him emptying it.

"Any other problems boys?"

Bridge

Walking in, Alister looks for familiar faces, sadly he sees none. So he begins to inspect the area, expertly ignoring the odd looks of the resident crew.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 30, 2015, 05:04:05 pm »
Gunnery Deck, Starboard

Having found the first Hawacha, Courage starts looking over it loading mechanism.

"Hopefully they don't render this ship defenseless" he says to Amelia. "I don't know who will do the most damage, our own crew or them."

Command Room

Having finishing his rounds, Enger walks on to the bridge and eyes each individual in the room.

"Well, are we ready for departure?" He says curtly

"In a moment Councilman," Coming behind him is Frey, "But beside some onboard repairs we are airworthy."

Frey takes in the crew and notices Carn, "Ah Mr. Carn. Making the rounds?"

(sorry, had finals)