Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 428401 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:50 pm »
Armory

Striding into the armory, Gaige inspects the current equipment.

"Carbines, rifles, revolvers, explosives, armor piercing rounds, sabres, cutlasses, so many things to choose from..."

Hanging his Chainsword, (Mk.1X) on a rack, he steps out and decides to do another systems check on the Squid before visiting the command centre to see what the next step was.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2015, 07:53:14 am »
Hangar Bay

Alister leading Alexi, trading stories about jobs, takes him to the hangar bay and to his squid. "And here I present my personal bonus. The benefactors paid for her, and I still get the 10,000 crowns! The Kibeth, modified with 8 repeller rigs, and a bomb bay in the center hull. A gatling up front, banshee on the side, and a mine launcher in the rear." He leans closer making sure no one hears, and speaks in a whisper. "I've also acquired a genuine Anvalan Mercury Field Gun."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2015, 04:29:48 am »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Dahlia remembered fighting against these things, not in the same way that Alex and Richard had, she had been on board the ship for the entire battle. But she had been rather captivated by these mobile gun batteries at the time. Still that had kind of been a bad time to examine new and interesting weapons. Right now wasn't the time either, but she could spend a few moments to admire them right? Ok maybe not, now where was Lorena?

"Nope, I've got nothing."

--Elsewhere--

Lorena watched the strange man walk off to skies know where, catching only vague fragments of conversation.

"-beautiful girls," she raised an eyebrow, was that why Amelia was quietly keeping her mouth shut?

--Market District, Cathedral--

Davis took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the market place. It was quite nice being out of the house as usual, of course this time he had a sister to keep an eye over, just in case of course. Catherine seemed to be particularly enthralled by the shiny fashion accessories from a nearby stall, they seemed to be of decent quality and the price was not that outrageous, surprisingly affordable in fact. Still he watched as currency was exchanged and his sister walking away with a smile on her face.

"So, where to next brother?"

"I was thinking fruit, bringing dried fruit along sounds nice." He sighed happily, he quite liked dried fruit.

She shook her head, "Men and their stomachs."

"Men are stomachs," he popped a candied walnut in his mouth, "you know this."

"I suppose."

The two of them began browsing the selection before Catherine split off to inspect something nearby. Davis shrugged and continued examining various articles of fruit. He reached for a ripe looking set of figs when he saw... something out of the corner of his eye. A hand reached out and laid a hand on an orange, with a toss it went up into the air... onto a pile of fruit. Is this a mythical walking fruit creature, assimilating various other fruits in order to advance it's being? It wasn't of course, in fact it was a rather young looking boy also carting about cured meats and the like.

"Uh, can I help you?"

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 29, 2015, 11:13:29 am »
Marketplace

"Sure! Apparently free samples are a thing now, so if you could help me stack food in these carts, that'd be great. My name's Koali, what's yours?"

In his peripheral vision, Koali saw a huge cut of meat on an equally huge bone, slowly rotating as it grilled over a fire.

"Hold on for second."

With surprising ease, (he'd been practicing,) he drew his switch axe and converted it into sword form, ready to cut a choice piece of deliciously grilled meat from the bone.

"I know Carn's gonna want some of this."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:20:04 am by Koali »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2015, 12:56:04 pm »

Davis watched as he drew the bladed weapon and began watching the circling meat roast, it smelled good, that was certainly a thing. He turned back to the fruit quickly and snatched up the figs he had been eying amongst other things such as plums. Those in hand he began stacking Koali's rather large quantity of food into the carts he had pointed out... It was a lot of food.

"Ah, right, names yes. I, am Davis and-" he hefted a large bag into the cart, "Skies it's like you're trying to feed an army."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:18:51 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
"Well, not exactly. I'm trying to feed an Anglean, which is pretty much the same thing, right?"

The meat is almost done...

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 01, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »

Davis weighed an answer as he lifted another bag. "Eh, close enough."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:20:38 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 01, 2015, 08:31:07 pm »
Hanger Bay

"Well, we can look around. I mean we haven't got kicked out yet," Courage says as he looks around.

From the tank, he goes off deeper into the Hanger Bay motioning for Dalhia to follow. Passing several crates, they find themselves in the actually hanger space where the planes and Rocket Craft sits.

"Looks like we are getting close, I recognise that thing," he points to the craft. Courage then eyes the planes in even more confusion as how four Anvalan planes wound up in here.

"The heck?... Nevermind, let's asks around."

Seeing the twins, He goes up to them, "Umm excuse me, you haven't seen an Amelia Lockheart around here?"

Elsewhere, Alexi listens as he follows Carn to his Squid. Being presented in front of the vessel, he blows put a low whistle.

"A beaut Alister, still not my style. I'll take my Red Star any day, she done me well after the Comflict. But an Anvalan Merc you say, got to hand it to you, I'm impressed you manage to get one."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2015, 09:29:47 pm »
Hangar Bay

"I saw her by Ms. Reagan,"

"There was another girl too."

"And some squid thing."

"Now I'm hungry."

"You spend to much time around Alister."

"WE spend the SAME amount of time around him."

"Hmph. Fair point."

Over by the squid, Alister continues catching up with Alexi.

"You know how hard it is to break from old training. Marauders use squids more than anything else. As for the merc, I know a couple of guys I want to look at it."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2015, 09:56:35 pm »
Hanger Bay

"So got you crew ready?" Alexi asks as he grabs one of the harnesses, "Sturdy, nice."

On the other side, Courage is taken back by the syncronization of the twins answers, "Umm Ms. Reagan? You mean Reagan Morgan, she is here as well?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04:54 pm »
Hangar Bay

"Yep. A short kid who seems a naturally talented engineer called Koali, a tinkerer by the name of Gaige, and Alison. She's my secondary pilot, and gunner."

"Yeah,"

"I think she said she was a Captain."

"She was near her rocket craft."

"That thing is beautiful. Say, wait a minute."

The twins in no subtle way, squint at the new guy.

"Why are you looking for Ms Amelia?"

"You appear to have your own young lady on your arm."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »
Marketplace

Three... Two... One... Ding!

In a flash, Koali brought down his switch axe and... Reconsidered.

"You know what? I think I'll take the whole thing. Carn'd probably find eating meat off the bone to be pretty satisfying, and I could use the bone as a weapon handle later."

And with that, Koali wrapped the meat in butcher paper, hoisted it over his shoulder, and signaled Davis to come with him, picking up a bag of bananas on the way.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2015, 11:00:12 pm »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Reagan watched from nearby, shaking her head at Courage's inability to examine his environment, Dahlia was over there giving her a look from the side and both Amelia and Lorena were busy holding in their giggles. Reagan had to wonder, when was he going to notice they were there?

"Uh, hold on a moment." He looked around catching his sister walking towards him with a smile on her face. "Cathy follow me we have food to deliver... apparently."

She shook her head, "Men."

"Stomachs." Davis corrected gently as he began pushing the cart. "So," He ask the short boy with the massive thing of meat, "where are we bringing this?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2015, 07:58:33 am »
Hangar Bay

"The only modification I don't have, but want, are silenced engines. But I'm not good enough to make one, and we don't have the materials to make engines. And I'm not about to start digging into the existing ones, or allowing anyone else to."

"Understandable. So what do you want your lads to look at the merc for?"

"Yiski's designs are legend. To my knowledge, this is only one of two outside of Anvala. The twins know how to dismantle and reassemble. And I trust them......"

Elsewhere in the bay, the twins are still giving the stranger with a pretty girlfriend, a heavy amount of suspicion.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2015, 09:08:28 am »
Marketplace

"Oh, just the hangar bay... Over... There...? Uh... I think I forgot where it is."

Koali pulls out his radio.

"Right, I don't know Carn's frequency, but I might have a trick for this."

Koali holds the talk button and begins slowly twisting the dial, cycling through all available frequencies.

"YO CARN, WHERE'S THE HANGAR BAY?!"