Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 428850 times)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2015, 10:26:29 pm »
Smart men, then.

"Oh, please. I've seen these things tear through armor made from the hide of huge monsters, over 15 meters long!"

(Rather than describing it, I'll just speak in images.)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2015, 07:23:57 am »
--Armory--

She lightly thwacked the boy over the head. "Excuse me," she let him recover before moving on, "so long as you're here, would you kindly make yourself useful and begin organizing these weapons on the racks." It was less a question and more an order, she pointed to the two carts worth of weapons and ammo, well, a cart and a bin's worth more like it, and pointed to the empty racks lining walls of the armory. She quietly ignored the impressive amount of explosives that dominated a set of shelves.

Looking at the pair of slightly foppish twins she decided to answer their question. "And to answer your question the rocket craft happens to be Captain Morgan's, though technically it's also Captain Henley's and Mr. Morgan's. They built it together from what I hear. Also I have no idea what it is called, even though they've called it a variety of things." She shrugged. "However, would you all kindly get to work? We can finish this task sooner rather than later if we do."

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

Lorena looked at their now growing party and pouted slightly, "You're all no fun." Yet she followed along anyways.

Dahlia stood closer to her and lightly punched her in the shoulder, ok, maybe it wasn't so lightly.

"Ow! Why'd you hit me!? Ow, stop it!" Dahlia instead giggled and continued hitting her as they finally headed back to the warehouse.

--Militia Headquarters--

Reagan, or, Captain Morgan considering she was currently on duty was currently finishing up the reports that had been piling up the past few days. On one side a neat stack of papers denoted everything she had just finished. Sitting in front of her was the pile of paperwork she was currently working through. It was rather bothersome that this was the only activity she had to do at the moment but, she did have her duties, and this was only a fraction of the paperwork that had moved through her unit in recent weeks, only a small drop in the veritable ocean.

Maybe I should finally stencil in a name for the rocket craft. Should ask Alex and Richard about that, wonder if their radio is up.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:26:38 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2015, 07:44:43 am »
Armory

While stacking the weapons with surprising efficiency, they ask Amelia some more questions.

"So Captain Morgan is married?"

"Back to the topic, does she need engineers for the craft?"

Cathedral, somewhere

Calling back over his shoulder, Alister remarks on Lorena's comment.

"In a bit of a hurry ma'am. I need a new pair of clothes before tomorrow. And Courage here seems a tad bit weighed down, which is generally not good when you have a prothstetic leg "

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2015, 11:57:42 am »
Koali just shook his head and busied himself with arranging the switch axes on a rack.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »
"Hm.  I wonder..."

Boarding Carn's Squid, Gaige busies himself double and triple checking for modifications he hasn't come across.  Finding a few, he makes a note to ask Alister and starts to familiarize himself with the ship's quirks, making small tweaks for efficiency every now and again.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2015, 09:03:26 pm »
South Docks

"Well it looked like you had a bit of fun leading us in circles," calls out Courage as he follows Carn.

After a few minutes of walking, he starts to recognise the buildings around him and guessed that the warehouse wasn't far off. During the walk, he finally realised what Carn a while earlier.

"Oh umm, let's not talk about that out loud," he whisper to him as he catches up.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:39 pm »
South Docks

Alister winks at him and considerably lowers his vocal volume. "I'll take that as as yes then. We here?" Alister stops in front of what he's hoping is the right warehouse. It's in decent condition and has a junker out back. His previous dealings with professional scavengers reminding him they prefer using junkers.

Cargo Bay

Alison had a great many things on her mind when she went on board the ship. All of these went on the mental back burner when she went into the cargo bay and saw Gaige poking around in Alister's squid. She also notices the drying paint naming it the Kibeth.

"For your sake, Alister better not find out what your doing. He's a tad territorial, and he hasn't had his own ship in about three years."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2015, 10:51:04 pm »
--Warehouse, South Docks--

The crew was standing about the crate of wine, wondering what to do about it. Sure they had been hired to retrieve the crate but they had to wonder if the 7000 crown payoff was really worth it. They had a decent amount of equipment and other items they could sell for more than that scavenged from the ship but they might take a dent in their reputation, not that it mattered, they had literally been shot at getting this crate of wine intact.

"Captain, why are we considering this?" Preston said as he passed around a thermos of iced tea. "Shouldn't we just turn it over? We'll get paid right?"

"Preston," Travis said speaking up, "Consider the fact we were shot at to get this wine," He took a swig of the tea, "And because of that we are going to hand it over to a man who couldn't be bothered to get it himself."

"I don't see what that has to do with anything Travis." Preston deadpanned.

"Simple, we earned the damned wine, and I say we keep a few bottles."

Reynold smirked, "I can drink to that." And he did, grabbing the thermos and taking a deep swig.

"I agree," Alex said, "Besides, not like the contract specified a number of bottles. And the crate was broken by the crash, perhaps a few bottles went missing." He looked at the crew. "All in favor?" All hands went up. "Right, take 5 bottles out Travis, there's like 40 in there."

Travis picked out 5 bottles and went to the old office that had been converted into their home. It was at that moment a knock sounded from the warehouse entrance and 4 people entered. Well more specifically, Dahlia, The Captain's Daughter Lorena, A familiar face, and an unfamiliar face with an axe.

--Armory--

Amelia tsked, and went back to organizing weapons.

Children.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:42 am »
"I heard that! I think you thought it so hard you actually said it out loud!"

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2015, 03:17:36 am »
"I hope for your sake that was aimed at the twins and not a comment on my height."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2015, 04:08:53 am »
--Armory--

Instead of giving him an answer she thwacked him over the head again, harder this time.

"Child." She said pointing a finger in his face.

As she went back to work she decided to answer the question the twins had asked her. "For your information, I am not sure. The two never acted as if they were married. Friends or acquaintances yes, but never married. Perhaps you should ask her yourself though I do not believe you will receive a straight answer." She thought for a second, "Oh and I do believe she can handle the craft herself, if not she will ask, most likely, I do believe at least."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:05 am »
Warehouse

Whistling, Alister looks around at all the scavenged equipment.

"I know some guy's who'd have a field day in here."

Turning back to the man who just entered, Alister say,

"Just helping out Courage. They had him loaded like a pack mulebhack there."

Armory

Taking a moment to stare at the odd exchange between think pink kid who they don't know, and Amelia, they get back to work.

"Maybe siblings?"

"Or divorced. You never know these days."

"Good point." He thinks to himself for a moment. " I'm thinking we don't piss her off, and don't ask her."

"Agreed."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2015, 08:17:59 am »
--Armory--

Amelia gives the two of them a shallow smirk, "For the best I believe."

--The Warehouse, South Docks--

Alex's attention was on his daughter predominately.

"Father of mine." She said with a straight face.

"Daughter of mine." He said with an equally straight face, before the two of them broke out in smiles. "Good to see you kiddo, Dahlia," he nodded to her, "Courage right?" He nodded to him, "And... I like your axe. More of a sword person myself." He said, drawing both straight swords from their sheathes for a few moments before sheathing them.

"Dad, Courage was wondering if we still had any of those Mercs we scavenged outside Anvala."

"You mean the Howitzers?" He deadpanned, quite seriously in fact, the entire assembled Skyrunner crew collectively groaned at that statement. Sighing he took a moment to think, "Yeah, a couple I believe, have to look around of course." He waved a hand in a general direction. "More than likely to be over there, Phillip, mind helping him?"

"Aye Captain."

"Now," Alex said turning on the unknown man, "Can I help you with anything? Oh and Richard, catalog the last run we just did."

"Including or excluding the wine?"

"Richard please don't joke about the alcohol, excluding it of course."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2015, 08:49:33 am »
Warehouse

"Alister Carn. I was just going into town when I saw Courage. Need to get another pair of clothes. Do you know any place that sells decent stuff in my size?$

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2015, 09:49:19 am »
--The Warehouse, South Docks--

"Alexander Henley, now give me a second." He thought for a moment, "Best bet is going to check around the market, the market stalls are hit and miss but you'll find some decent items from time to time. There are a number of tailors as well but they might not have what you're looking for."

He shrugged, "Otherwise you might want to pick up tailoring yourself."