Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 421182 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2015, 09:06:59 pm »
Some Restaurant

"Hmm, the last time I seen my craft was back at the race and the engines....oh the engines," stray off Courage as he remembers that the last time he saw his craft's engines they were strapped to a very large rocket.

"But I'm almost finished here, you guys want to head out? I can help with some of the bags."

Transport, Galley

"Ahh I remember when I was nineteen, hijacked a trainer ship when I went through Officer Candicate School. Best thirty minute chase I have been in. But a pleasure to meet you Miss." Frey starts as he extends his hand.

He stops for a second, looking at Alison's face Frey could have sworn that she looked familiar, even if this is his first time meeting with her.

"Welcome aboard though, and I hope that you can deal with all three from what I'm hearing."

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2015, 10:07:37 pm »
Galley

Alison sees the slight recognition on the commander's face. Could he have? No, not possible. "The twins have fairly benign personalities, aside from being cocky and a little to fond of pretty girls. They no where the line is though, and they don't cross it. Alister though," She shudders and gets an odd look on her face. "He was trouble at 19. You got the feeling his commander's were grooming him. Trying to turn him into something else. They encouraged his quick temper, and tried to get him to be more sadistic."

Cargo Bay

"Good grief Alister! the wiring on this is shoddy! How have you not been electrocuted yet?"

"Your think I haven't already?"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2015, 04:51:18 am »
--Galley--

Reagan caught onto the appraising look her two compatriots were giving each other and sighed.

"I'm missing something here aren't I?" She said quietly as she finished off her sandwich. "I wonder what Amelia is up to at the moment." She said to no one in particular.

--Some Restaurant--

Dahlia smiled at him, "That would be nice, we can talk on the way."

Lorena sighed a breath of relief and saddled him with the bags that simply contained heavy metal components that she would need for maintaining their equipment and skipped out after paying for her meal, that left the two love birds to look at each other, have a shared smile, and left after Dahlia payed for hers.

Lorena was waiting for them outside, "Dad and the others should be back eventually, if you want you can wait with us, maybe check out those howitzers." She gives Dahlia a knowing look before leading them to their warehouse.

--Wreckage of IAS Winthrop--

"You know Cap, I don't think fighting off raiders was in the MO today!"

"I know! Now shut up Richard and kill these bastards!"

The salvage mission was almost complete, they had found the wine with little issue, and had salvaged a good number of items before the raiders had set upon them from the North. On the South side of the wreckage their ship was unharmed, for now at least, if the raiders managed to get through their defense they could, feasibly, strand them in the middle of nowhere, and that didn't appeal to anyone on the crew. Which was why Preston and Travis were currently rigging the ship to explode. Reynold and Phillip were firing down on the raiders with a salvaged gatling and was keeping them down for the most part, though they were running out of ammo and the rifles that Richard and Alex were currently going through the ammo supplies they had brought along like wild fire.

Fire discipline among the Skyrunner's crew however was steady and were downing raiders left and right, there were however quite a lot of them, more than they had ammo for, and while their ship was quite literally meters away, they couldn't make a run for it as the raiders would realize what was going on. And probably run them down, it was probably why they were rigging for remote detonation instead of a timed one.

Up on deck things were going well despite the increasing scarcity of ammo for the gatling, what they had left was currently pooled on the deck next to the gun. Phillip consistently swung the gun across the enemy line, preventing them from moving forward, those that did were cut down by rifle shots from the Captain and Richard who were down a deck. Reynold came back on deck with another can of ammunition and connected the ends of the belt together.

"Phillip," he said calmly despite the ensuing battle. "Why did you have me fetch tape?"

"Because my fingers really hurt." He let go of the trigger for a brief moment before taping it down.

"Ahh, clever. Think my Brother and Preston have finished?"

"Check yourself, I haven't had a chance." He waved a hand in the general direction of the raiders.

Reynold shrugged and walked over to the other side of the ship, Travis was standing at the bottom of their ship's ladder and Preston was climbing up with a coil of cord hanging from his belt.

"Yeah, almost I'd say." Phillip wasn't paying attention and instead was sweeping his gun over the enemy lines again.

He tapped him on the shoulder. "Phillip we should tell the Captain it's time to make a run for it."

"You take over then!" He handed him control of the gun and left.

The fight changed, instead of sweeping over the enemy lines like Phillip had, he had a different strategy in mind, the raiders hadn't come from nowhere and their vehicles were sitting a bit further back, though doubting it could reach that far he gave it a shot and aimed for the nearest truck. It lasted only a few seconds before it burst into flames, drawing more attention to him relieving the beleaguered lower deck. This also had the effect of allowing more raiders through their curtain of fire. Alex sighted down one and fired, the shot slamming into the advancing raiders shoulder and sent him to the ground in agony. He didn't think about it as he sent another round straight through another's kneecap, usually he was better at this entire killing thing. Something crashed behind him and he turned with his rifle up to see Phillip picking himself off the deck.

"Fine day isn't it Captain?" He said.

"If only you consider this lead storm decent weather!" He popped out of cover and sighted in the nearest raider and downed him with a shot to the chest. "Preston finished laying the explosives?"

"He was laying cord to the detonator last we saw."

Alex shrugged and instead of answering tapped Richard on the shoulder and motioned it was time to go. Up on deck Reynold had finished taking out the nearest vehicles and was now sweeping the gun across the enemy lines, hopefully forcing them down long enough for them to make a run for it. Phillip came back on deck and motioned for him to come running.

The raiders decided to stay put, their King having ordered them to hold until the gatling ran out of ammo. Which it inevitably did. Of course he was a smart man and decided to sit before ordering a cadre of his soldiers to enter the ship. He had to give it to those who had held the ship, they were fierce fighters, and clever, which was why they currently weren't storming the ship in anger at having their vehicles destroyed. His personal chariot among them. He watched his soldiers advance slowly, waiting for the fighters on board to rain death upon them, they never did, and he had to wonder if they were dead or if they had decided to run. His question however was answered as the ship burst into flame, showering the cadre of advancing warriors with flaming debris.

"Well, Shit." Said the Raider King.

Reynold climbed onto their ship and watched as the wreckage didn't so much explode as burst into flame. Still, it was spectacular enough he supposed and as they flew away wondered if the wine was really worth the trouble.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
Striding into the Cargo Bay, Gaige spies the two boys and Carn.

"Ahoy!  I presume this is the Squid I signed up to fly on?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2015, 01:22:24 pm »
Cargo Bay

"Aye it is. Currently fitting her out with marauder modifications."

The twins look at the weird white haired guy.

"Whatever you do, avoid the harnesses."

"It was bad on a junker. Repelling off of a squid at full speed......."

Both brothers turn green with nausea.

"You guys SAID you knew how to repel."

Galley

"I've never met the commander before. Though he might know of the twins. They're related to King Gregor. They're grandfather was the younger, bastard brother, of Gregor's grandfather."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2015, 01:25:06 pm »
"Mm, seen those.  Bombs, correct?  If you need another pair of hands I'm more than willing to help."

Turning to the twins, he laughs.

"Ever been a soldier on a Mobula?  They drop so fast you can let go of your coffee mug and it just about floats.  Then, just as you are about to hit the ground, you slow to a stop, and are expected to rappel off and onto the ground and into combat."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2015, 01:30:35 pm »
Cargo Bay

"He's done that too."

"But when your trailing from a hundred foot rope, attached by just leather and a bit of iron. And all this when he's flying a squid a max speed burning moonshine..... "

"Yeah sorry Alister, we'll be happy to help you out here."

"But no  way are we crewing on your squid."

"We'd like to keep our lunches."

"Fine, now if you two are done complaining, will you bolt on the cover already? I don't need open wiring in combat."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 28, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »
"That'd be fun!  Spread your arms and it'd be like you were flying!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »
Cargo Bay

"If only it weren't for the bullets coming at us."

"And Alister expecting us to land combat ready."

"Aaaaaaannnd done. Now to acquire said packages."

"We are NOT helping you load active explosives."

"Well I still have to get the name on her. So the bombs can wait. For now."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »
"Bullets suck, but just give a few seconds to alleviate the headrush and get your balance, and you're good to go.  It comes with experience, believe me."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »
Cargo Bay

Chuckling, Alister goes over and sits near the helm, working on the stencil. "These boys are greenhorns with this stuff Gaige. But they're some of the best damn engineer s I've met. And considering their age, that's quite impressive. They're also both ambidextrous, so they fight and shoot equally well with either hand. Now figuring out which is which is a whole 'nother thing. I can only tell when they fight. They move slightly differently, but that's it."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2015, 02:05:22 pm »
"That's good to hear.  So, boys!  I'd like a list of your capabilities.  I presume I am to be senior engineer on this ship, and I'd like to know what I have to work with."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2015, 02:18:03 pm »
Cargo Bay

"We already said, we're not crewing on it."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:50 pm »
--Galley--

"So long as they don't give me a good reason to stab them I guess we'll be fine." She sighed, angry bullheaded soldier was one thing, hormonal teenagers is another thing entirely.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:16 pm »
Galley

"If they get too out of line, just tell them Alister will make them use the harnesses. You wouldn't believe how effective that is. Instant nausea."