Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 421196 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 11:02:20 pm »
"Eh, as long as they don't weigh the ship down. I'm still putting you down as the repair monkey."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »
"Can you scratch out 'monkey' and write in... Uh... You know what? Just leave it as monkey."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »
Carn shrugs non-nonchalantly.

"Your short, young, energetic, and can engineer. That sounds like a repair monkey. Also if you want PC, don't talk a a former Anglean Gunnery Sergeant."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 12:42:16 am »
"Nah, I just wanted a funnier title."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 02:08:33 am »
Somewhere In The City:

There was a very long list of things Reagan should be doing at this moment befitting her rank as a captain of the guard. At the moment that list was sitting in a waste basket on the other side of the room as she lay there. She had parted with Captain Henley and co a few days before they left town, left was probably a bit much. It was more accurate to say they went about their actual jobs, their jobs being scavengers and hiring themselves out to people looking to recover lost vessels. Honestly she couldn't blame them, after countless weeks of odd happenings, terrorists, political intrigue, city wide battles, and countless amounts of aerial combat.

Honestly she could sympathize with the man, no one needed that kind of action in such a short space of time. Still this left her with an issue, she was bored. As much as her colleagues would like to say this was not much an issue, it wasn't. She had a penchant for making trouble and leaving her subordinates with the paperwork, that was something she kept forgetting to thank Alex for, the man was a master at avoiding paperwork and somehow dumping it on his subordinates while getting off scot free, the bastard. Still this didn't really help that though she had plenty of things she could be doing, things that she was getting paid to supposedly do, she didn't want to do any of them.

She rose from her couch in the apartment she had bought when she transferred in from Firnfeld a few years back, it was a nice place close to the market so there was certainly plenty to do if she put her mind to it, which she didn't. Instead of putting on casual clothes she threw on her uniform before stepping out into the streets amid the hustle and bustle of the mid afternoon. Perhaps on her way to headquarters she would pick up a thing or two for dinner if she took her shift far into the evening. As walked she passed a couple of patrols and guard kiosks, each in turn passing along their greetings and perhaps a few too many cat calls, still it was nice to see that militia forces had finally began recovering, though it had been a few months they never really got into the stride until they had come back with those new vessels, at which point a number of new recruits began popping up in ridiculous quantities.

She passed by the Wild Winds as she usually did, though as per usual few notes actually caught her eye, in this case one.

SEEKING WILLING ADVENTURERS

Captain looking for able-bodied men for an expedition to unknown and exotic lands. Funded by a wealthy benefactor, those who apply will be paid a hefty sum of 10,000 gold crowns. We will be exploring the lands south pass the Guild Borders into the unknown just as the Great Gabriel did to thrust us into the Age of Air. The journey ahead maybe mysterious and hazardous, and the weak need not apply, but those willing will be greatly remembered as those who courageous the wild frontiers. To those who want to apply, meet at the center of the city. Located at the Militia Docks, a medium transport will be docked and waiting.

"Well, I guess that's something isn't it?" Reagan began thinking about the implications as she made her way through the crowded streets to the Militia's Dockyard in the city.

------------------------

And we're back, Alex and Co are still hanging about Cathedral and possibly may pop up every once and a while, Reagan will be taking the spotlight for the most part though a few characters may be introduced, I have no idea yet.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:23:30 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 09:33:11 am »
Looking up at the sky, and sees that there are no clouds in sight, and the sun is at high noon. Grumbling, Carn shrugs off his duffle bag, leaning it against the table, then carefully sets his tactical rifle next to it. He briefly removes his weapons belt, so he can also shrug off his thigh length black flak jacket, putting his weapons belt and rifle afterwards. Then, finally, he removes his armadillo helmet and sand devil mask. Underneath it all he is pale, as Angleans tend to be, with a shaggy mane of dark red hair and steely grey eyes. His arms are corded muscle, patterned with a variety of burn and knife scars.

"Gah, that's better. Bloody heat, I'm going to miss the glaciers."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »
"You'll get used to it," Frey says as limps towards the overheated Anglean, "I don't know how long it snows in the Republic, but adjusting from an extreme climate to extreme climate takes awhile."

In the background he sees the young teen going about the yard on his stilts catching the eyes of several workers. Giving a chuckle, Frey turns to the piece of paper on the table.

"Quite a list going I see. You have any thoughts about those who signed up?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:43 pm »
"Tell me about it. Anyways, the short kid seems to know what he's doing. Pretty energetic, so I'm thinking a repair monkey. That guy," He says as he points to Gaige, "Seems quite proficient at engineering, I'd put him down as my main. Those are the only one's who didn't put down a, maybe. About half a dozen came by and said they'd be interested, I put their names and info on another sheet."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 04:08:07 pm »
"Well we still have several days for preparation. Mind if I ask, what is a Maurader doing all the way out here. Usually those in that division are loyal to the core." as he takes the seat next to him.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »
"You look like your a professional soldier, not someone who likes politics. I hate politics, but I had a string of COs who were bureaucrats in military uniform. After a few years when it was time to renew my contract, I just couldn't stay. I couldn't stand being stuck with another hopeful senator, getting himself a credible military career. I was trained to seize airships, jump out of a speeding squid and into combat, and a multitude of other things. I couldn't stand the stagnation, and political atmosphere they were steering me to."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »
Militia Dockyard, Cathedral City Center

The Militia's own private dockyard was the usual hive of activity, and then some. Hundreds of civilians of a variety of professions came and went, each trying their luck at being accepted. Of course because everyone's attention was on the far more obvious recruiter booths they missed the far shorter and more reasonable recruiter station inside HQ, which Reagan was observing from outside the armory window.

"Sorry about the wait Captain Morgan, here's your equipment." The young man passed her a rugged looking bolt action rifle, a hold over from her time in Firnfeld. He then passed her a bandoleer of ammunition, a pouch of tools, the now standard issue body armor, and her sidearm... at this point she wondered if she should ask for her sword, it had been a few years since she had stuffed it in the armory an she wasn't exactly the most proficient sword user either, still, not best to leave things to chance.

"Not a problem, now could you also grab it?"

"Give me a second to dig it out."

As he went to go dig through the piles of equipment she became aware of a pair of footsteps approaching her, they were heavy enough for someone of average size, however there was the distinct rattle of repair equipment, that meant someone small, possibly small, a slight bounce to their step, which meant-

"Reagan, ma'am!"

"Miss Lockheart," she sighed, turning to see one Amelia Lockheart, "It's Captain Morgan when on duty."

She raised an eye at that, "I'm a civilian."

Reagan mentally rubbed her temples, Amelia had decided that she would join as a civilian contractor, still her ability had surprised those who done her interview, her repair ability wasn't perfect but Preston certainly knew how teach someone how to fix things, even if half of the repairs made no sense to her, that was to be expected of a Firnfeld engineer.

A silence fell between them, Reagan found her eyes being drawn to the recruiters, the idea had some merit. Amelia followed her gaze, though not entirely sure what she was looking at.

"You know," she started, gathering the young woman's attention," I was thinking of skipping town for a while, the city guard can manage without me, not like I was important anyway, and it sounds interesting."

A knock from behind her heralded the return of the Quarter Master, "Right, one blade fit to cut through any unarmored target, be it bandit, rouge animals, or sand worms." Took the blade gladly and attached it to her belt.

"You know what?" She said addressing the young woman.

"Let me guess, you want me to come along?"

"Why not? I could use a familiar face, and we've fought off an imperialistic rebellion together already." She shrugged, "Or you can stay here."

Amelia stood quietly as she thought it over. Reagan found herself examining her, blond hair tied back in a bun, light skin dusted with freckles and short, she was shorter then herself, who was 5' 10" when standing.

"Alright, I'm in! And I call kicking down any doors we find in a foreign city."

Reagan had a vague idea where that had come from.

"If you become anything like that man I'll have to marry you."

"Hah, wait what?"

"Nothing, now come on!"

She led the the two of them up to the recruiter and filled out the paperwork and left, the two of them making their way to the dockyard amidst their now fellow explorers.

- I couldn't stand the stagnation, and political atmosphere they were steering me to."

Oh? Well that was something she had an opinion on. She turned to the voice.

"Well, in Firnfeld there was a saying among the Militia that any day you weren't sent against pirates was a good day." She shook her head, "Trust me, we had enough fighting against pirates among those icy crags."

She ran a hand through her short auburn hair, cropped just below her ears. "Still, politics? Give me a pirate raid any day."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »
Carn turns and sees the woman, hearing her comment.

"I wasn't militia ma'am. Tended to be the one who raided the pirates, instead of the other way around."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 04:37:22 pm »
"Militia or not, Firnfeld was full of Officers who thought the best way to catch the pirates off guard was to raid the raiding pirates. You could probably imagine how that went, Which was quite well for a matter of fact. So you boys here for the advent-"

"Captain Morgan," a young officer tapped her on the shoulder, "The Commander wishes to speak with you."

"Is this about my report? Tomorrow."

"Yes Ma'am."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »
"And that's one of the reasons why I'm glad I freelance now. Very little reporting, and annoying superiors. In any event, we always had good intel. 3 squids coming out of nowhere in the dead of night, tends to have an intimidating affect on your average pirate."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »
"My Commanding Officer back in Firnfeld was a master at avoiding paperwork, no idea how he did it half the time but he did, and shifted it onto the rest of us." She shook her head, "Still he was good at what he did." She held out a hand "Reagan, and this plucky young lass is Amelia."