Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 421229 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »
"Very well, I'll head over there in a few hours."

Turning to look at the line, he then walks behind a desk grabbing a pen and paper.

"Boys and girls, the line begins here now. You should all know the risks, and the payoff. Sign here, along with contact information so we don't have to go digging in the alleyways for you."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 01:42:25 am »
Council Hall

After several minutes of walking through the streets, the duo enters the massive building and heads inside Enger's office. Sitting upon his desk is a thick stack of papers waiting to be signed. With an audible groan he goes behind, takes his seat, puts on a pair of glasses and grabs the first one on top.

"So I'm assuming that you are going to call the Command back at Lord's Leap?" he says without taking his eyes of the building permit.

"Hmm, more or less," Frey replies back as he limps over to Enger's liquor cabinet.

Raising an eyebrow, Enger lowers the document and eyes the officer as he pours a drink, "Care to elaborate the, 'more or less', statement Commander?"

Taking a sip, Frey turns to the Councilman, "I'll be calling my superior, but only him. The rest of the high command are a bunch of sticklers. Even Gregor has some doubts of the new younger officers of the brass."

Frey shakes his head as he lowers his drink as he reminisce the battle, "We lost good men after that coup and their attack on Anvala"

Nodding in agreement, Enger signs the permit, "I was surprise as well when I heard the news, that regime even sent troops to have me be detained here. Well, I have to put my trust in you then, especially since you are the Captain's most trusted adjutant."

"Thank you Councilman. Now where is the radio room?"

"Down the hall to the right, someone can help direct you." Enger says as he continues with his paperwork.

Nodding, Frey exits the room and calls out to a passing intern to help him to room.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:45 am »
Carn begins to advertise to the young men and women passing along the street.

"10,000 gold crowns ladies and gentlemen, the opportunity of a lifetime! Travel where no one has gone in since Gabriel! Trek through the unknown, fill in the maps of this world, and get rich doing it!"

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 11:10:23 am »
"Oh, so that's what's going on."

Koali steps up to the front of the line.

"Sign me up, Mr. Carn!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 12:27:25 pm »
"I'll need your name, and contact information."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 03:48:14 pm »
"The name's Koali. No idea how you can contact me, but I can just stick around."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 03:50:19 pm »
"Mmmmm, fine, but you'll need to write down your name here anyways. And you should probably talk to your parents first. I don't need a worried mother on the warpath on our tail."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
"Uh, about that... Not sure I ever had any."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 07:54:55 pm »
"Orphan then. Perfect, no annoying family members looking for you." squints at Koali "Hell, I enlisted when I was around your age."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »
A tall, wiry man in a white jacket and cream shirt, with a black fedora on his head strides up behind Koali.  Short, white hair peeks from below the brim, but he looks young, in his early 20s.  With a full complement of tools on his belt, and a huge revolver slung on his hip, he looks like he knows more than a little about his craft- Engineering.

"Sign me up, mister.  Gaige Horzine, an engineer.  You can find me at the Chipped Gear repair and tinker shop."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 08:16:35 pm »
Carn slides the pen and paper over to Gaige.

"I just want a roster of any potential crew, and where to find 'em. This isn't a contract by any means."

He eyes the man up and down.

"We could use a decent engineer."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 08:19:37 pm »
"I'm a decent tinkerer. I've flown before, but had trouble reaching the guns. To remedy that, I built a little something that I'll go get if you'll excuse me for a moment."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 08:21:25 pm »
"So Erwin backed out didn't he?", says a voice through the receiver.

"Yes, Enger and I were briefing him for the mission ahead. Apparently he doesn't like the thought of an aggressor out there wanting to kill him. Not like it stopped us before," finish Frey with a laugh.

"That's because you always go looking for trouble. I'm surprise you survived the last mission."

"Hey, that was your mission. You made me come along that almost had me killed."

"Ok, ok, I'll take the blame for that. So your new captain, he's up for the job?"

"Yes, ready and willing. I also believe that if they do get into trouble, he can get them out."

"Very well, hopefully we can find them this time. Until then, keep me updated on the details Frey."

"Gotcha. See ya Cap."

Ending he transmission, Frey slow gets up from to be chair he was sitting on in front of the radio and exits the room. Stretching out his limbs that are not broken, Frey looks down the hall towards the general direction of the Councilman's office. Pressing his lips together and thinking of wether or not to head back into the office, he walks of in the other direction towards the main lobby. There he goes over to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, would you send a message to Councilman Enger that I'll be out in he city."

"Oh yes sir," the receptionist says as he looks up, "May I ask where you will be if the Councilman asks?"

"I'll be by the Militia Docks."

Writing down the location, he says to Frey, "I'll inform him right away sir."

"Thank you," He replies with a smile as he limps out of the building.

Feeling the wind passing through his hair, Frey takes the slow walk towards the docks. After around 20 minutes, he arrives seeing the prospect crew members.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 08:21:54 pm »
"Ehh, your about 4 feet tall. You should be able to shoot a gatling gun. In any event, with your size, experience, and the fact you've already said you've engineered, that's what you'd be assigned."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 10:35:45 pm »
Koali reappears wearing steam-powered stilt boots.

"Yeah, four feet, but these boots help me see through the sights."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:43:55 pm by Koali »