Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 429491 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #660 on: September 30, 2015, 08:58:38 pm »
Hanger Bay

Entering the large space, Kei gives out a yawn from having woken up minutes ealier. Already in her flight suit, she wants to be in the air once the transport get moving. Nearing the planes she spots the twins with markings of their foreheads.

The Gods really? Must be Antonio and Farris' work, they can be childish at times. shaking her head, she passes the two to her plane marked number 7.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »
Galley

"Either way," Gaige states, rising from his seat with a leftover chunk of turkey in his hand, "I believe I'll be off to do an inspection of the guns on this behemoth we'll be calling home.  Perhaps one on the engines, too, God knows how much of a pain in the ass they'll be to repair..."  He exits briskly, walking towards the port side of the ship, up the stairs.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:45 pm »
Port Bow

Seeing who is behind him, Courage recognises that it is Carn and shrugs at his comment before going back to work.

"Honestly having any restraint on him is a good idea, worst then some people I know. So what can I do you for?"

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2015, 09:02:41 pm »
Port Bow

Alister glances at the tools nearby, then to the hwatcha.

"I hope you are going to tell me your fixing the guns. The state they are in is abysmal."

He then leans out the hole and yells at Koali.

"If you cut a hole in the hull, I will personally shoot you out of a flak cannon!"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2015, 09:37:22 pm »
Port Bow

Pulling put several wrenches, Courage tighten down several bolts while talking to Carn, "they can still fire no problem in this state, but their fire angles and reload time may hinder performance. I don't know where the militia even pulled them out and slapped them on this ship."

Seeing that he couldnt do much else without a small crew with him, Courage turns to leave to find the next mount, "If you want, I can use some help. At the moment I'm just removing the rust and tightening things down."

Wanting for Carn to pull his head back in, Courage then pulls the lever that closes the gun port and retracts the platform in. Gathering his materials back into that kit, he goes down the hall towards the stern of the ship.

Militia Docks

Down the road, Enger sees that most of the preparation has been finished and the ships are ready to be launched. Going up the gangplank, he eyes the teen making certain markings and mutters something about adolescents.

Once inside he makes his way to the Command Center where he finds Frey, Ulric, and Alexi sitting around the main table.

"Ah morning Councilman, here to see us off? We will be leaving around mid day."

"Yes, yes," Enger waves as he takes a seat with them, "I'm here to ensure the takeoff will go without a hitch."

"Oh don't worry sir," interrupts Ulric," my partner and I will be in the air before this vessel goes up." as he pats Alexi's shoulder, who grabs his hand.

"Don't you worry, we have everything under control," Alexi says as let's go of Ulric's hand and eyes the naturalist.

Eyeing the two, Enger slowly turn his gaze back to Frey, "I see that the other captains you pick are the cream of the picks."

"They are not the only two ships going up, one more will be in the air."

"Very well, so is everyone on board?"

"I believe so, I heard our flight lead for the squadron has joined, all we are missing now is Captain Morgan"

"Hmm she'll come around, until then I'll go around inspecting the ship then."

Hanger Bay

Moments later Farris and Antonio enters the room talking quite loudly between the both of them as to what had happend last night.

"Ah man those twins are a pair aren't they?" asks Farris.

"Speaking of which, there they are." points Antonio as he waves to both of them.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2015, 11:46:50 pm »
Port Bow

As Koali put on safety goggles and hearing protection, he vaguely heard a voice calling out to him. Thinking nothing of it, he revved up his diamond-bladed grinder/saw.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 02, 2015, 06:35:13 am »
--Militia Docks--

Looking up at the gunnery deck he sighed, stared straight a head and broke into a run. Koali didn't notice as Davis was right on top of him. He reeled back his foot and kicked the saw out of his hand, caught it, shut it down and stuffed it into his pack.

"I'll be taking this." He gave him a thumbs up and knocked on the cargo bay door. Soon enough it opened into the maw of the cargo bay.

--Eagle's Shadow--

Reagan entered the ship from the gangplank, completely avoiding a certain fiasco a stones throw away. She had forwent her guard uniform in favor of... Her Firnfeld militia duster worn open over a white button-up, leather vest and matching pants. A bandoleer and satchel had been added for utility purposes, the bandoleer's pouches had been filled with ammo and a few small tools, the satchel however was empty aside from a handheld radio she had to set to the "expedition's" frequency.

She gained a few looks on her way in, she supposed that due to the fact that a majority of the crew had never worked with her before and wondering why she was acting as if she were their commanding officer. And technically she was, still that wasn't important, dropping the last of her belongings in her room she decided she'd tour the ship and see how the various sections were performing now that they were staffed.

(Lorena will be making her appearance closer to our time of departure.)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 02, 2015, 08:57:33 am »
Port Bow

As Koali went for the cut, he noticed that both the door and his saw had vanished.

"Whaaaat? Oh, DAGNABBIT! That was one of my nice blades, too! Well, as long as the hangar bay is open now..."

Koali finally entered with his cart of food.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:01:31 am by Koali »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 02, 2015, 10:28:17 am »
Port Bow

From an inner pocket, Alister pulls out a large pipe wrench with suspicious reddish brown stains on the head.

"I only have this but,"

He tightens a bolt down.

"It should do nicely."

Med Bay

Having woken up, and dressed in a doctor's coat with a red shirt and black pants, Alison finishes prepping her main work area.

"I give it one day tops before someone comes in about something."

Hangar Bay

"Hey is that,"

"Them?"

The twins look at each other and realize the state they are in.

"Oh flak!"

"We gotta,"

"Clean up!"

And with that, they scramble to their room.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 04, 2015, 12:59:12 am »
Hanger Bay

Watching the twins leave and her wingmates enter, Kei shakes her head at the four men.

How did I get myself into this

Rolling her eyes, she continues to look over he instrument panel as Farris and Antonio approach the planes.

"Up and about I see huh Kei?" Farris says with a yawn.

"It's not even mid morning," Kei acknowledges, "Besides the both of you should have been up ealier if you weren't messing with the twins."

"Hehe, that was some night, they couldn't keep the stuff down and were knocked out after a few," Antonio smiles as he remembers pulling out markers on the passed out twins.

The three turns their heads to the general direction of the cargo bay doors opening near the front. Few minutes later a man walks through the hanger followed by Captain Morgan and a teen with a cart several minutes behind.

"You know who was the first and last guy?" askes Farris.

"Don't know te teen, but I believe that is our flight lead. A Davis Hargrove." Kei recalls from looking at the flight roster.

"Finally we can get going. Hope we can talk to this guy soon, I want to know who is leading us." says Antonio before going to his own plane.

Gunnery Deck

Walking down the deck with Carn behind him, Courage spots the first of the Heavy Flaks on the port side. A small smile creeps upon his face at the sight of his favourite mount. Going over to the turrent, he sees that it is a newer model and let's out a sigh.

"Just can't seem to find flak cannons without them having some type of arming mechanism."

Nevertheless, he pulls the level to test the gun's door and extension platform. Working perfectly, he proceeds to clean of the rust.

"Mimd helping?" he asks Carn.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2015, 07:01:29 am »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

"What?! How did I... Bloody... Uhg nevermind."

Davis stood there staring at the duty roster, while most of the names didn't matter, though he did notice Alister's name listed up there as joint commander with one Captain Reagan Morgan... Thankfully, though not knowing the woman she could easily be as bad as one Richard Morgan, he hoped that wasn't the case, he really hoped that wasn't the case. However that was not the subject of his dismay, rather it was the fact he was listed as the lead element for the expedition's scout group, it's aerial scout group, this meant that he would be flying.

It wasn't like he disliked flying, quite the opposite in fact, skies he was quite good at it, no, it was results of his last "outing" that annoyed him to no end. Davis scout ahead! Davis check out those sand clouds! Davis engage those enemy fighters, don't worry we'll be right behind you! Davis fly into that canyon for no reason and tell us what you see! Davis there's no time to laying about in bed, get back out there! Davis cover us while we make our escape, we'll be back to pick you up if you get shot down... maybe.

The thought of it made him cringe a little, still, it wasn't as if he was the only scout pilot on this expedition, so they would be rotating out every once and a while... hopefully. That was a pretty big hopefully, somehow he felt as if they would be working around the clock, still it listed him as flight lead so maybe he could head that off a little.

They were also occasionally watching him from nearby, maybe he should meet them, there were also 4 planes... oh wait they were bringing a fifth one in, well, that's awkward. He looked around, adjusted his bag and began walking over to meet them.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 04, 2015, 07:26:45 am »
Port Bow

"Hmm."

Alister pulls out a wire brush and begins cleaning the rust off.

"Typically use this to get rust off my axe. But it should do fine. Have any lubricant?"

Twin's Room

Within minutes, the brothers are cleaned and in proper attire.

"So,"

"Are you thinking,"

"What I'm thinking?"

"Banana blaster?"

"Banana blaster."

The twins begin to assemble a odd weapon.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 04, 2015, 09:09:18 am »
--Eagle's Shadow, Galley--

Amelia finally sat down at a table, quiche in hand and piping hot. She supposed she could let it cool for little bit and sat about watching the others go about their meals. Andromeda let go of Amelia's shoulder and went in search of their own meal, supposedly rats and other vermin that would dare infest the ship... whatever those may be.

After a while she quietly dug into her quiche and finished it without complications. Still something was nagging at her, perhaps it was because she was an engineer but she considered what Gaige had said about the ship's weaponry, she stood quietly and made her way to the gunnery deck, once there maybe she could deal with it.

Of course she wasn't the only one it seemed, Courage and Alister had beaten her to it it would seem. Still, not like an extra pair of hands would be harmful.

"Courage, Mr. Carn, a fine morning to be working on the ship's weaponry it seems." She pulled her own set of cleaning equipment and began working on a nearby hwacha.

--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Reagan walked along, observing the crew work as they prepared for lift off, earlier she had checked the room the list and noted a few rooms were taken but not by whom, probably wouldn't be an issue she supposed. She felt a light tap on her shoulder, turning she noticed it was Amelia's pet, the peculiar flying squid, the engine knocker as some engineers would call them for their peculiar habit of living in and knocking on engines. Sighing she pointed to her shoulder and watched as Andromeda perched upon her.

"Cheeky thing."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:49 am »
Popping up by the port side of the bow, Gaige looks around.  "Ah, hello there Alister.  Need any assistance?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 04, 2015, 12:35:36 pm »
Port Bow

"Check the last hwatcha. First one is done, and Mr. Bell and I have the flak."