Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 429399 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #645 on: September 24, 2015, 06:30:24 pm »
Galley

"We should probably asign a official cook."

Alister finishes the apple, the grabs a turkey leg.

"Good day Miss Amelia, I need to speak with the Commander about some matters."

And with that, he exits the galley and heads after Frey.

"The brig huh?"

He sticks the turkey leg into a pocket. It has been striped clean. Then he enters, quietly.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:19 pm »
Galley:

"I overheard something about weapon maintenance?", Gaige says as he plops into a chair and grabs an orange, expertly peeling it.  "Where exactly are the trouble spots?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 24, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »
Brig

"Oh, hello Alister!"

In response, Alister deadbolts the door. Sealing everyone out, except Frey, Jasper, and himself.

"Really? Can't we  be civil?"

"You tell me. Your the one working with megalomaniac mutants."

"Touché."

Turning to Frey, Jasper puts on a smile.

"He CAN actually be rather intelligent. If it weren't for that pesky temper. Then again, it is why he was..."

He is cut off as Alister surges forward, slamming into the bars.

"Relevant information, and direct questions only Briggs."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 26, 2015, 10:52:19 pm »
Brig

Calmly with out looking at Carn, Frey says to him, "That will be quite alright Mr. Carn. I believe that Mr. Briggs here haven't got any breakfast and may be famished, you you kindly fetch hm a tray."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 27, 2015, 07:26:26 am »
Brig

"Yes Sir. I do have another matter to discuss with you later however."

He then turns around and leaves, locking the door behind him.

"Hope you like bland gruel Briggs."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 27, 2015, 05:17:52 pm »
--Galley--

Amelia looked over the counter to where Gaige was sitting.

"Are you hearing things Mr. Gaige?" She asked as she popped the quiche into the oven. "But because you asked, Ms. Morgan did say a number of our weapons in the armory need to be checked for damage."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:20:44 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 29, 2015, 11:13:04 am »
Galley:

"That's what I thought.  I passed by the Command Centre on my way here, all I heard was "weapon maintenance", so I figured I'd ask.  Any mounted guns need looking over?"

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 29, 2015, 04:42:42 pm »
Still Outside the Eagle's Shadow

"Well, if I can't find a door my size, I'll have to use a bigger one. Specifically, one of those Galleon-sized doors."

Koali strolled over to the door and tried with all his might to shift it, pushing, pulling, sliding, and twisting, until it became clear that it would not open under his own strength.

"(Huff) Well, I guess (puff) I should (pant) figure something (huff) out. If I can't find a door my size, I'll have to make one!"

He rummaged around in his toolbox, found a roll of tape, and started marking out the area he would cut.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 29, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »
Port Bow

Having found one of the eight medium turrets, Courage can see why they needed some repair. The first turret on the port side is an aged hawacha, rust can be seen on the joints and bearings and the shine of the metal has dulled away through the years.

Setting down his toolkit, Courage walks around the aged weapon, "You seen better days I bet," he says out loud, "Where in the Skies did they even pick you out from?"

Shrugging, he opens his kit and pulls out a bottle to help remove the rust around hinges and begins scrubbing away. As he goes about the process Courage hears panting outside near ground level of the docks. Curious, he pulls the lever that opens the turrent's bay doors and extends the hawacha out to the elements. Looking down he sees the teen marking a spot on the hull as if he is trying to make a cut.

"The blazes? HEY THEY GLAK YOU DOING!! YOU KNOW THERE IS A GANGPLANK!!" he shouts.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2015, 09:31:03 pm »
Brig

Having gotten the cold gruel, Alister sets it on a table in the room. Mentally having recognized that his presence will just muck things up, he leaves.

"Hmm. He's actually trying to be civil. I only count two hairs in that mush."

Port Bow

Gathering that as Reagan has the helm, Alister decides to command from the Gunnery Deck. As such, he begins on examine them.

"Skies above! Whoever was in charge of maintenance needs to be court marshalled!"

Looking over he see someone yelling over a hwatcha. He goes over to try and get some information on the matter, before he does, he notices that the man in question is Courage. And Courage is yelling at Koali.

"What has he gotten into now?"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 29, 2015, 09:41:46 pm »
--Earlier That Morning, Davis' Residence, Middle Residential--

Davis woke up, probably for the second time that morning he wasn't entirely sure though considering the splitting headache he probably had a hangover. Which would explain why the latter half of the evening was a bit blurry for him. Now he had things planned for this morning... What were they again? Oh, right, checking when we leave. Gathering the rest of his kit together he set out towards the militia docks.

--Present Day--

Davis quietly watched as the Koali prepared a location to cut a hole in the ship, for whatever reason... The idiot. Course he wasn't the only to think that as someone was yelling at him from the gunnery deck, shifting the weight of his duffel bag he decided to sit and watch the scene unfold.

--Eagle's Shadow, Galley--

Amelia tilted her head at that.

"I wasn't aware the ship's armaments required maintenance at this time."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 29, 2015, 09:52:43 pm »
Brig

With the door locked behind him, Frey sits up straight on his chair as he lock eyes with the other man. For Jasper, his mouth slowly forms into a smile as he is now alone with the Commander and out of the watchful eyes of Alister.

"Lovely morning isn't it Commander? From my only view of the outside," referring to his lone window, "not a cloud in the sky and perfect to launch this expedition of yours hmm."

"Yes it is, leading up to this day I regularly check the weather reports to find the optimal time to get going. Besides the weather, Mr. Briggs, do mind tell me on how you manage to be involved with your employers?"

"Ah blunt and straight to the point, and I rather like that bluntness then they way Alister does it. It usually involves some form of cranial trauma. But please Commander, it is the morning and I haven't gotten my meal yet. Besides we have plenty of time to discuss business as i am likely not going anywhere." Jasper says as he motions his hands to his surrounds.

Annoyed, Frey closes his eyes at the statement and breaths audibly out of his nose, "Very well Mr. Briggs we will wait, but is there anything you want to discuss?"

A moment of silence pass as Jasper, with a smile still on his face, tilt his head and looks around the room, "Oh I don't know, there are many things going through my mind that I don't know where to start. Maybe my first science fair where I brought a human size Venus fly trap that entrapped one of the judges, or to my travels through the Endless Salts, or a certain adventure with a certain Anglean at Hanat. But those are the few on my mind." he ends.

Curious as to the last statement, Frey wants to question Jasper further about the subject but felt something at the back of his mind that it can wait.

"These are very interesting, quite interesting, but I believe at another time. It starting to look like you are quite famished, hopefully Mr. Carn will come by soon with your meal."

Chuckling, Jasper says, "Knowing Alister, he will just go and find Alison to make a meal. Hmm speaking of which I wonder how her sister is doing," he ends quietly but enough for Frey to hear.

"I didn't know she had a sibling," muse Frey, "Neither her or Mr. Carn mention of it. But enought for now, I'll go see about your meal."

Standing up and heading to the doorway, he hears Jasper call out to him before he exits, "Hope we can correspond some time again, maybe over some tea."

With the door shut behind him, Frey makes his way to the galley in search of Carn.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 29, 2015, 10:00:40 pm »
"Gangplank? What? Where? I'll have you know, I suffer from chronic situational unawareness!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 29, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »
Port Bow

"Hmm. Think Frey or Reagan would object to me putting him on a leash?"

Having pondered aloud, Alister wonders if this is appropriate as he is technically a officer.

Allison's Room

Something resembling human form shuffles to a wash basin.

Hangar Bay

The twins having just woken up wearing matching overalls and nothing else. Along with rude marks upon their faces.

"Those plane guys,"

"Certainly know how to party."

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 30, 2015, 08:56:18 am »
"Yeah, a leash would probably be a good idea."