Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 428583 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »
Carn shakes the young officer's hand, and nods to Amelia.

"Alister Carn, formerly Gunnery Sergeant Carn, First Marauder unit, Anglean special forces. I think part of the reason why I got stuck with the bureaucrats, was because my record was good. I suppose hopeful senators think that serving with someone who a record like that, would boost their odds in election. Thing is, that's common practice now. I may miss my homeland, but I will never miss the paperwork."

Carn cracks a smile to show he was joking. In the past, people haven't always been sure of when he is joking, and when he is serious.

"In any event, I'm to be the commanding officer on this expedition."

Carn turns over to Frey.

"Any idea on when those men will get here with my ship? I'm eager to get working on her. Some personal touches need to be applied."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »
"You have some impressive scars, Carn."

Gaige removes his fedora and scarf to reveal his entire face, and the large scars raking across most of it.

"I got most of mine from spalling and ricochets, but a few were from some closer altercations.  And yes, I am 'proficient' in engineering.  I have a full complement of tools, and can shoot almost anything you care to name.  I am also familiar with most ships, being as I was a part of the Guild... They're assholes, but hey, at least I have an education because of them.  I'm also prone to experimenting with gadgets and such.  I've been working on a blueprint for a heavy machine gun, but it's not gonna be ready for at least another 3 years, and that's if the design even works..."

He begins to mutter about gear meshing and recoil stresses.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »
"You lose a fight with a lynx or something? I've been through a few explosions, along with a few you thought they could go toe to toe with me using blades. Still, I don't have any scars on my face, and I tend to win. As long as you can work on a squid, then I'm fine with you coming along."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:48 pm »
"So long as we don't run into mythical sandworms we'll be fine, but in any case I'm a pilot and ground officer, so if you need someone to snatch the helm for a moment I'm your women."

She drew her sword and ran her finger across the flat of the blade, "Or you know, if you need someone to get a bit stab happy, anyway you can probably tell Amelia here is an engineer, surprisingly good, considering the fact that she's only been doing it for a couple of weeks."

"Hey!" She felt a light thump against her shoulder.

"Sorry Amelia."

A roar of engines echoed about as The Flying Cloud the militia's resident rocket powered squid soared over head.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:26:03 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 05:22:01 pm »
"Always good to have a backup pilot, and more fighters. And I never turn down good engineers. Decent looking blade there ma'am."

Carn unhooks his axe from his belt, twisting the ball of his thumb on the back spike.

"I prefer a more, whirling, hacking, approach myself."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 05:28:41 pm »
"I had an ice pick, lost it in a bar fight, a damn shame really, but not much use here." She shrugged, sheathing the blade on her hip.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 05:31:39 pm »
Carn put his axe back through the loop on his belt.

"Anyways, we're not set to ship out yet."

He jerks his thumb over to Frey.

"Bossman says its to be a few days at least. But I get 10,000 crowns and my own squid, so I can be patient."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 05:34:05 pm »
"A few days huh? Well can't say I expected to be heading out immediately, so know if any other vessels are joining us? Very specifically if any vessels are flying with us, not vessels who just so happen to be doing exactly what we're doing."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 05:36:22 pm »
"No idea, if your offering to pilot your own ship, that's one thing, but I was only hired today when the last guy bailed."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 05:40:38 pm »
"More like an expedition such as this merits more than one vessel, I've had enough of flying for a few days anyway. Amelia go look around and see what you can find."

She raised an eyebrow "Do I get to steal one?"

"Only if you're up to it." She waved her off.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »
"Make sure it's a fast one. I can't wait around for a spire, not for something like this."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 07:14:19 pm »
Lost in his thought of how true Carn's words hold about politicians snivelling their way through power by joining the ranks, especially those involved with the coup. It changes to the times when he and the 13th were sent out to help the Firnfeld militia during several Anglean raids.

"...Some personal touches need to be applied"

Snapping back to reality, Frey notices that the table became slightly more crowded.

"Apologise," he says as he takes a look at his pocket watch, "But by the looks, your Squid should have been here by now. I'll look into it." as he stands from his seat and goes over to a dock master.

"Ah, afternoon sir." the dock master says as he looks up from hs clipboard.

"Afternoon, I was wondering, I was wondering where are the two militiamen I send to retrieve a Squid? Should be under Frey."

"Hmm, Squid, Squid... Ah yes, here you are Commander. Huh, we just got a call earlier that they bought the ship and is on its way here in the next few minutes."

A low humming noise is heard which grows louder by the second.

"Speaking of which, there she is." The dock master points behind Frey.

Turning around, he sees the Squid dropping its altitude as several dock hands guide it in to an empty berthing next to the transport.

"Thank you."

"No problem Commander." says the dock master as he gives him a nod and heads off in another direction to help inventory several crates.

Satisfied, Frey turns back to the Squid where several engineers are being called for maintenance and walks back to the table.

"Well, Mr. Carn, your new ship awaits you. Got a team ready for your overhaul."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:33:25 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 08:00:03 pm »
Carn cracks his knuckles and rubs his hands.

"Excellent, I'll start the stencils for what I'll be doing."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:45 pm »
Letting the man be, he notices the militia officer and offer his hand in greeting.

"Didn't see you there ma'am. I'm Commander Frey of the Baron Air Navy. Is there anything that you need, usually when the city's militia's officers are near they have some business."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:54 pm »
Carn goes over and grabs some materials, and begins to make the stencil for the ship's new name. As he works he looks up and comments to Frey.

"She said her name is Reagan, the blonde is Amelia. They signed up."