Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 429404 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2015, 05:28:13 pm »
Cargo Bay

Alister looks up and sees Koali carrying several dangerous looking contraptions. "Armory, provided they are weapons. First, show me what it is. After that, I'll need to introduce you to the modifications to the ship." He turns back and finishes the last bit of filigree for the ship's name. "The Kibeth has been modified marauder style. Gaige is familiar with it, I highly doubt you are."

Brig

"Hmm, let me think....AH I know!" Clearing his throat, Jasper begins another of his rhymes designed to demoralize his captors. A ventriloquist of some slight skill, he is able to throw his voice to an empty set of tubes which are used to communicate across large vessels such as these. "One, two, three, four, someone's knocking at the door. Five, six, seven, eight, the birds have come to seal your fate. Nine, ten, eleven, twelve, down into fear you shall delve. Twelve, eleven, ten, nine, the days grow short and your minds are mine. Eight, seven, six, five, deep into your psyche I shall dive. Four, three, two, one, the nights are long and your lives are done............."

Cargo Bay

"Dammit!" Going over to the pipe set, Carn bellows into it. "We haven't even taken off yet, and you already are trying me! Keep this up Briggs, and to hell with it all! I'll shove you screaming into and running engine, then detonate it!" Closing the pipe, Alister comes back over to Koali. "Now kid, what are these things?"

Corridor

"Wait, was that Jasper?"

"Sounds even creepier than usual."

"I didn't know he was crewing on this job too."

"Actually, I heard that there's a max security prisoner on here. I think it may be him."

Right after they finish this short conversation, Alister's reply comes through the pipes.

"Yeah, it's definitely Jasper in the brig."

"Briggs is in the brig?"

"Don't. Ever. Make that joke again."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:41:53 pm by Carn »

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »
With a flourish, Koali activates the mechanism on one of the axes and the blades slide into position in axe form.

"That's not all. It absorbs kinetic energy in axe form, which it then lets out..."

Yet another flourish and the axe becomes a sword.

"In sword form! It's a little heavy to use, so I don't recommend it against an armed, able-bodied human opponent, but against anything else..."

Koali leans closer.

"Like those bird things..."

Koali leans back out.

"It should do just fine!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
Cargo Bay

Alister looks at the switch axe, then to his axe. He repeats this process several times, summing up this confabbed contraption against his tried and true brute. "I'll stick with my brute. Put them in a pile over there for now," He says, indicating a spot where the empty leather bags are.b"not on the bags thank you. Then come over here. Your going to receive a crash course in basic marauder squids. If your lucky, you won't actually crash." He says in the sadistic deadpan humor favored by sergeants the world over, when teaching a greenhorn something that is very easy to get injured.

Brig

"Stuff me in a engine, then detonate it? Honestly, not a spectacular threat Al. Ah well, I'll let the good man have his fun for now."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »
Eagle's Shadow, Cargo Bay

Seeing that the deckhands have set up the ladder and beginning to add stencils, Frey walks up the gangplank into the cargo bay and sees Koali with his sword-axe.

"Impressive, just keep an eye on that, we don't want to lose limbs before we set off."

He then turns to the Squid currently sitting idle and takes a walk around it while inspecting the craft.

"Well Mr. Carn, I know their several spec ops that would grapple onto other ships, some of my ships back north being a few, but I never seen the likes of this. Maurader style?"

Then he hears the rhyme coming through the pipes and Remembered that they have a guest on board.

Sighing, "I think we may need to pay our friend a visit, care to join," Frey ask Carn.

Somewhere in the City

Putting on a genuine smile, Courage nudges her back, "Dalhia, do you know that you are amazing person. Thank you."

Looking down the road, Courage wonders how far until they are at the warehouse. Looking up to the sky he sees that the sun is directly overhead, maybe slightly lower to the west.

"We almost there yet? My arms are staring to ache."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »
Cargo Bay

"Certainly sir." Turning back to Koali he says. "Just load them in the armory. I'll show you what you'll need to know later." Alister begins to walk with Frey down to the brig. "Yes, the harnesses are designed so one can repel of the ship in flight. Very useful when you enemies are scrambling to get to their artillery, then there's suddenly a half-dozen heavily armed, and heavily pissed off soldiers point their guns at them. Having leaped over the ship. There's a special mechanism that slows you down, so you have both hands available for your weapons. I've also rigged another modification so it is able to carry, and drop, bombs. Either four, 100 lb bombs, or one 400 lb bomb. I also found the time to get the name on her."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2015, 10:31:02 pm »
Eagle's Shadow

"Better not to tell the rest of the expidition about that feature, we are still under the guise of a surveying fleet. We may have the weapons to go out in an assault, but we don't need it until for sure we located them."

After walking down the long corridor, the two arrives to the door of the brig. Frey opens it and allows Carn to walk on through. Sealing the hatch behind them, Frey takes two chairs from a nearby table and places them in front of Jasper's cell.

"Mr. Briggs, I assume that the accommodations are to your liking?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2015, 10:37:19 pm »
Brig

"A bit heavy on the Iron Bar motif. I'd personally have gone with a more classical dungeon myself. But military budgets rarely allow for the niceties I know."

"Cut to the chase Briggs. You know why we're here."

"Oh? I've just been sitting here, singing quietly to myself."

"Quietly my sky-kissed butt. You forget, I know you can throw your voice."

"And you forget Alister......I know what happened in Hanat."

"You wouldn't,"

"Did that strike a nerve? Is the Headsman going to return tonight? What a spectacle that would be."

"You whore-son, shut up and answer only what we ask!"

"Very well. What questions do you have for me Commander?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:24 pm »
Brig

"Enough," Frey calmly says, "Mr. Briggs, you and I know that your old employers have a tendency to going into hiding and constructing hidden bases. So far we search, raided, and destroyed those within our known boundaries, now do you have any information of their whereabouts outside the borders."

Taking a seat, Frey leans back on the chair as he waits.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2015, 10:47:17 pm »
Brig

"Oh, now that is some interesting information. Yes, I roughly know where their southern base is, and I know of it's design. I could be persuaded to divulge this information, if the Commander would humor me with some tea and intelligent conversation every so often."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2015, 12:13:09 am »
Brig

Frey sits idly by at the offered proposal, "Very well, but mind yourself Mr. Briggs. I maybe reasonable at times, but play any of your games and you'll see yourself being tied up dangling over the hanger bay 1000 meters off the ground."

Frey picks himself off his seat using his cane and walks towards the hatch.

"I'll be at the command room if you need anything Mr. Carn." he says to him before leaving, "You can stay with Mr. Briggs longer if you wish, but that is all for now."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2015, 08:07:06 am »
--Lost?--

"Thanks, I try." She gave him a beaming smile but he had brought up a point. She looked around trying to figure out where they were, finding that Lorena was leading them in a massive roundabout path through the city.

"Skies above. Lorena! Where are you taking us?!"

The seemingly forgotten about third member of their party looked back at them, a questioning look on her face, one filled with amusement and mischief.

"Why, I have no idea what you're talking about!" Mock surprise mixed with mock offense filled her voice. She probably would have brought a hand to her mouth if both hands weren't holding bags. She then sighed, "Ok, we'll head straight for the warehouse."

--Armory--

Amelia giggled silently as the trio entered the armory, though the fact they were certainly aiming for her was awkward. It was however, amusing how easily distracted the pair were. Still they had asked her name, it would be rude not to formally introduce herself.

"Amelia," She said, not even looking at the pair. "My name is Amelia, now help me store these weapons."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 02, 2015, 08:22:03 am »
Brig

"Well Alister,"

"If you EVER mention what happened in Hanat,"

"Oh relax Alister. I won't answer any questions unless asked." Thinking to himself, that if the commander asks what happened in Hanat, then he is free to tell him.

Alister senses the loophole, though he is to irritated to pinpoint it. "No more of that drivel you call rhyming, or I'll see about tightening those binds by a couple more pounds." After that lingering threat, Alister leaves.

Whispering to himself, as not to alert Alister, Jasper says, "So, he does not enjoy that memory. Good, that's something I can use."

Armory

"Certainly." The twins say in unison. It's amazing how often they do that, despite that they never rehearse it. They begin filling the weapon racks with surprising speed.

"Alister had us do this crap all the time."

"He timed us. Kept saying that we had to keep up with his standards, if we were on his ship."

"What happened to that old junker?"

"Heard it got blown in one of the old ruined cities in."

"He never did care for it much.'

"Yeah, that squid is more his type."

"So Miss Amelia, do you happen to know the name of that interesting rocket vehicle, and who commands it?"

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 02, 2015, 01:41:45 pm »
Koali manages to carry all of the switch axes to the armory.

"Yo, twins, would you mind helping me with these?"

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 02, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »
"Here, Koali, hand me one."

Unclipping the chainsword from his belt, he holds it out to Koali, and extends his other hand to receive a switch axe.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2015, 02:18:46 pm »
Koali hands Shaded a switch axe and takes the chainsword.

"Oof! This thing is definitely not balanced the same as a longsword."