Author Topic: Boston Marathon  (Read 17902 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Boston Marathon
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »
The universe is becoming a more messed up place as the days pass, I would like to wish everyone in Boston was safe but for the moment that won't be the case. This won't pass over either and will most likely lead to larger repercussions down the line as well.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:09 am »
Actually. Maybe not as messed up as you think. These are from reddit, sure (maybe because it's a better way to convey the point without linking to an article). But I hope they help assure you a bit.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15:57 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-mit-shooting-explosion-suspect-watertown-064355149.html

Bombers believed foreign, of Chechen origin. One of two suspects are down, EKIA.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 04:58:22 pm »
I live in Boston. The past week has been pretty scary. Manhunt has been ongoing for the past 18 hours or so. Been listening to police scanners and watching the reddit live update threads. Here's the latest: http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1coqwo/live_boston_update_thread_part_6/

First suspect died last night, search for remaining suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev continues.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »
Second suspect in custody! My sincerest gratitude to all law enforcement officers across this beautiful state. What a tense day spent listening to the police scanner.

"It's a proud day to be a Boston police officer. Thank you all." - Boston police commissioner

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »
My high school had a bomb threat today. Seriously why even do this.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:36 pm »
Bomb threats are common.
My school always had a bomb threat whenever someone in the school reaaaaally didn't want to do something.
Was like a fortnightly thing.

Of course it's something to take seriously, but yeah.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:36 am »
It's really sad when an angry individual chooses to make a poor decision, especially a knee jerk reaction like calling in a threat of such magnitude.  It perpetuates a sense of fear in a population that are increasingly more likely to take drastic measures against a perpetrator who is clearly in need of mental health attention.
As a weapon of fear and death we must abhore the act and create strict punitive actions against its use, yet always balanced with the moral integrity and strength of character to not drastically compromise our liberties or way of life due to the terrible actions of the few, or the loud protest of the extremist retaliation.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 05:34:29 am »
Indeed. We can't seek to "weed out" the instruments with which extremists cause destruction, as it is the very nature of extremists to enact undue change. We must instead seek a return to traditional values, in which we punish the individual for the individual's actions. The notion that society is at fault for the actions of one man is ludicrous, and leads to the destruction of liberty.