Author Topic: Explain your Username!  (Read 42825 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Explain your Username!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »
I took formal logic all 4 years of high school, and my favorite teacher once used the phrase Logicalia (or some word similar to it) to describe something. I don't remember what exactly it was, but those classes impacted me a lot as a person, influencing my literary tastes and how I think about the world. I took the name for myself mostly because I thought it was a cool sounding and original word. I've have a couple other usernames I use, but I use Logicalia for all my favorite things

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »
Mine is pretty simplistic. If you haven't figure it out already, my full user name is BorderLineAzn. It was only shortened to BdrLineAzn since I couldn't fit all the characters when I first picked up this game. Basically since I lived in Southern California, I can see the Mexican-American Border from my home. And Azn comes from, well myself being Asian. S there you have it, having a border and being Asian.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:23 pm »
My real life name is david, and I wanted something that sounded good in conjunction with it to top it off (for my OC). So I came up with "Dire". And then I said, "What the heck", and decided to use it on all my electronic communities, as it's unique and easily recognized, also people can spell it.

Also I made up the dire part for "Dire" puns

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2015, 08:40:21 pm »
Uhh I've had three hamsters. None were evil. Escape artists yes, devoid of fear very much so. But not evil.

Now gerbils. I've had 3 sets (3 gerbils on 3 seperate ocassions) of gerbils, everytime, sisters (i.e. known each other since birth.)
Everything was fine they were cute and seemed to be okay. They had plenty of room and food/water etc.
Then all 3 times after ~2 years. One of the gerbils... Turned.
Every single time one of them sat on the other 2 to suffocate them and then preceded to eat them.
No remorse. Straight up cannibalised their sisters.
Needless to say I stopped getting gerbils after the 3rd time... 

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2015, 08:43:59 pm »
Uhh I've had three hamsters. None were evil. Escape artists yes, devoid of fear very much so. But not evil.

Now gerbils. I've had 3 sets (3 gerbils on 3 seperate ocassions) of gerbils, everytime, sisters (i.e. known each other since birth.)
Everything was fine they were cute and seemed to be okay. They had plenty of room and food/water etc.
Then all 3 times after ~2 years. One of the gerbils... Turned.
Every single time one of them sat on the other 2 to suffocate them and then preceded to eat them.
No remorse. Straight up cannibalised their sisters.
Needless to say I stopped getting gerbils after the 3rd time...

Offline DJ Tipz N Trix

• Salutes: 20
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:04 pm »
I took formal logic all 4 years of high school, and my favorite teacher once used the phrase Logicalia (or some word similar to it) to describe something. I don't remember what exactly it was, but those classes impacted me a lot as a person, influencing my literary tastes and how I think about the world. I took the name for myself mostly because I thought it was a cool sounding and original word. I've have a couple other usernames I use, but I use Logicalia for all my favorite things

"original"

"my favorite teacher once used the phrase Logicalia"

REKT

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 12:34:53 pm »
Ducks are awesome. Ducklings are even more awesome. Nanoscale ducks are the awesomest.

One approach to picking names is to make it sound cool or utterly badass right from the get go. Calling giant fighting robots 'Jaegers' and having one called 'Crimson Typhoon' tells you everything you need to know about how much your inner 9 year old is going to squeal while watching Pacific Rim. Another approach is to find the most absurd, non-threatening, cute or just childish name you can and crank it to 11, then perform well enough that your absurd moniker is taken seriously. I can remember the first time I flew against Tutu and he kicked my backside, Tutu was a person to take seriously.

I suspect whether it is myself, Princess Tutu, HamsterIV, Koali or the Ducks clan, there is a desire to take something utterly non-threatening and make it a threat. Well except Hamster, since hamsters are ruthless killing machines which will rip your throat out through orifices you didn't know you had then feed it back to you through other orifices it made specifically for the purpose.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:45:40 pm by nanoduckling »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:57 pm »
What Nano says is true...
Back ages ago when I first started playing, I saw the Duck clan tag, went into battle thinking I'd leave with a win.. "Lol.. Ducks..." Then got my rear end handed to me.. XD

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 01:07:19 pm »
Ducks are evil hate filled creatures...........look up Zefranks true facts about the duck......you will understand.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »
Ducks are evil hate filled creatures...........look up Zefranks true facts about the duck......you will understand.

I love that video. Showed my physics teacher it too.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:17 pm »

I love that video. Showed my physics teacher it too.
The guy is amazing. He's apparently doing commercials for Friskies now. A series called Dear Kitten, but anyways you must understand WHY ducks are evil if you have seen the video.

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:55 pm »
Only two days prior to joining GoI, My Fire emblem Radiant Dawn disk was found to be too damaged to use. In honor of it (knowing it would be a long time until I could afford a replacement) I decided to forgo my usual name of Irbricksceo and took the name of Ashunera, The goddess. Also, here is a quote from her that is rather fitting IMO for the wold in which GoI takes place

“The miasma of war is beginning to shroud the world. However, I shall not again be frightened. As one born of the hopes of man I shall protect this world.”
—Ashunera to Lehran

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2015, 05:15:52 pm »
I've been asked multiple times where my name comes from; most people seem to think that its a Markiplier reference? (I don't understand the correlation there, but that's besides the point).

My name comes from an old cheat code from the game Star Wars: Battlefront, which was an old Third/First Person Shooter (i played it on a PS2). If your player name was "JubJub", all of the models would become midget/Ewok sized. Proof Here.

I liked the idea of the cheat code and the goofyness of the name so I decided to continue using it as an online handle.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »
BWAHAHAHHAHAHA ok, that's awesome Jub Jub. Salute earned.