Author Topic: Explain your Username!  (Read 42813 times)

Offline Niels Juel

• Salutes: 5
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Explain your Username!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:43 am »
Well, Niels Juel was a danish admiral and Naval hero who was instrumental in making the danish Navy a powerhouse in the late 1600's

his most famous victory On 1 June 1677 Juel defeated the Swedish admiral Erik Carlsson Sjöblad in the Battle of Møn. On the 30th of June 1677 he won his greatest victory, in the Battle of Køge Bay (though it really happened at Stevns, seeing that the ships never entered the bay), where, with 25 ships of the line and 1267 guns, he routed the Swedish admiral Henrik Horn with 36 ships of the line and 1800 guns

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »
And I'm named after my stuffed koala, who I don't seem to have on hand at the moment.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 02:24:05 pm »
I will impale you with a loch round and shoot you from my heavy flack as an example to others

Sounds like a better love story than... twilight  :P

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 02:30:56 pm »
I will impale you with a loch round and shoot you from my heavy flack as an example to others

What kind of impalement? Vlad style? Or through the abdomen?

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 02:36:15 pm »
Both? I guess?

Loch rounds are a weird shape.

Offline Princess Tutu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 7
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 02:42:28 pm »
I'm just a gentleman who likes to wear tutus and happens to be born a princess.

The real reason is that I had no idea what name to choose and started to look around the room. My eyes stopped at the Princess Tutu DVDs. Thus the legend was born XD

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 04:17:50 pm »

@ The Mann: Yes, yes it would be a better story then that mysterious set of of tiny letters.

@ Carn: It's much scarier if I leave the rest to the imagination. 

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »

@ The Mann: Yes, yes it would be a better story then that mysterious set of of tiny letters.

...No, if I'm to be impaled through the skull I'm less scared than if I was impaled through the stomach because then not only am I in incredible pain I am also alive to be blown all to hell.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:13:54 pm »

...No, if I'm to be impaled through the skull I'm less scared than if I was impaled through the stomach because then not only am I in incredible pain I am also alive to be blown all to hell.
Actually I was referring to the method of impaling it through one's rectum, then slide it up along the spine, until it came out beside the neck. Not through the skull.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 05:22:09 pm »
Delicious. :-\

Nice quote pyramid, by the way.

Offline Zelda.

• Salutes: 10
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »
I'm just a gentleman who likes to wear tutus and happens to be born a princess.

The real reason is that I had no idea what name to choose and started to look around the room. My eyes stopped at the Princess Tutu DVDs. Thus the legend was born XD

Out of ALL the GoI usernames, yours was definitely in top 10 of 'Where did they even come up with that name?'. My curiosity has been sated.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 07:30:07 pm »
User name has always been a tricky thing for me. I could never figure out a good one.

In Dreams is one of the soundtracks from Lord of the Rings. When I in middle school, I would play that on my Euphonium.

I made my steam account at that time. I looked about my room and the sheet music for In Dreams caught my eye. I've gone with it since then. Turns out InDreams isn't one of those names always taken by someone on the Internet.

In games that allow for multiple characters/save files (like Lord of the Rings Online or Mount and Blade) or just role-play sessions, I have a name for specific characters.

InDreams - my general, main character. Usually non-warrior.

Kurudan - The male (dwarven if possible) warrior character, or any character that can smash enemies to the ground.

Balisarda - The female (usually elf or man) dex fighter or sorceress.

Leonhart - The leader. Leonhart is my lvl 55 Emperor of Calradia in my Mount and Blade Warband. He is also a charismatic Warlord in one of our D&D sessions. Sadly, he never makes appearance online as Leonhart is almost always taken by some one who doesn't even play.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 08:16:40 pm »
User name has always been a tricky thing for me. I could never figure out a good one.

In Dreams is one of the soundtracks from Lord of the Rings. When I in middle school, I would play that on my Euphonium.

I made my steam account at that time. I looked about my room and the sheet music for In Dreams caught my eye. I've gone with it since then. Turns out InDreams isn't one of those names always taken by someone on the Internet.

In games that allow for multiple characters/save files (like Lord of the Rings Online or Mount and Blade) or just role-play sessions, I have a name for specific characters.

InDreams - my general, main character. Usually non-warrior.

Kurudan - The male (dwarven if possible) warrior character, or any character that can smash enemies to the ground.

Balisarda - The female (usually elf or man) dex fighter or sorceress.

Leonhart - The leader. Leonhart is my lvl 55 Emperor of Calradia in my Mount and Blade Warband. He is also a charismatic Warlord in one of our D&D sessions. Sadly, he never makes appearance online as Leonhart is almost always taken by some one who doesn't even play.

Try "Leonhardt" instead

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »
when I was in HS, I came across the name shayla and thought it was beautiful.  so I stole it and played with it until I liked it for myself.

...sometime (years) later, I found out that shayla is rooted in the name cecilia - the patron saint of music.  at the time, I was in college with voice as my major, aiming to be a singer, so it suited doubly.  shame that career path never worked out.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 11:48:17 am »
My wife works at a pet store and would tell me stories of how stupidly aggressive hamsters are, and how they would find new and interesting ways to kill or injure themselves. Since I like trying new things and dying stupidly for it, I figure I would adopt the hamster as my totem animal. I have never owned a hamster and don't intend to. Totem animals should be revered from a distance, not kept in cages where the noble traits you wish to emulate atrophy.

Often the user name Hamster is taken what with being a common word and all, so I started playing under Hamster Mk 4. I like to imply that I am the fourth attempt at weaponizing the rodent and that the last three attempts were spectacular disasters. Since GOI does not allow for numbers in user name, I changed to Hamster IV.

I get asked often what happened to Hamster I, Hamster II, and Hamster III, so I made up the following story:
Hamster I - died choking a boa constrictor to death from the inside.
Hamster II - fell into the vortex during a goldfish's burial at sea (toilet bowl).
Hamster III - was carried off by an owl, the owl was never seen from again.

Some time after I started going by Hamster Mk 4, a friend sent me this image. I think it epitomizes what it means to be a weaponized hamster.