Author Topic: Thoughts on a few things  (Read 11713 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on a few things
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 04:49:26 pm »
You need to stop commenting on other people's thoughts. I, and others here, agree with the OP. The mechanics are simple, yes. Just like chess. The implementation of such is much different.

I am going to be bluntly honest with you here. You are not remotely as good as you think you are, and have far to go to master this game. A key part of this game is working well with other players to form the overall team mechanic. That is the main component of the game, in fact and where most of the learning curve comes from.

So, step aside. Play your matches. Re-get your chieves. Let the people that understand what new players are asking for talk things out. As far as that last thing goes, you contribute nothing.

Moon. We just played a dev match together.

3 rams kills. several 4 assists (literally had to fly across the map twice to rescue each of you that separated from each other). at least 3 rescues to both of you. No deaths from me even though I had to play several risks of putting myself in danger because you were too slow to double team a spire.

I instructed my crew concisely and precisely and had a clear and simple plan, of which mainly factored into you both being diversionary target practice because your kill rate wasn't exactly equal to your "superior communication skills."

I'm not as good as you think I think I am. But I definitely know how to play the game to a level to make the implications of your downplay of my ability utter nonsense.

My crew were new people. They listened to me (literally 1 instruction each) and we achieved what we did. The issue is, people dont follow the single instruction I give them in pubs. And the non compliance of that 1 instruction is fatal.

No system change of any kind will cure a person who's too dumb to listen to instructions.

Thankfully muse does have plans for 1-4 player mission based tutorials for basic-advanced mechanics where you are trained in a VR scenario based mission system.

How they execute that though... I'm not sure. But I definitely cited examples like zone of the enders and metal gear. And the have confirmed a few times for plans on creating something along those veins.

You just don't get it...

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on a few things
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »
I hate to be that guy (again) but, people please refrain from personal attacks. I have come to expect jerkishness from max but the others can do better :\

What sara said a few posts ago. If you really want to compare skill metrics of various players vs each other and various other games vs goio make another thread, or take it to PMs.

re: op. My favorite idea on the OP is the idea of various ship tutorials. It would be amazing to have an advanced tutorial through every ship that demonstrates each one's flight envelope and also compares it to other ships' envelopes. One with literal virtual hoops to fly through. Another game that has this hoop-flying tutorial is altitude, really amazing game I used to play a lot before I found goio http://store.steampowered.com/app/41300/ The ship-specific tutorials could even demonstrate repair circuits!

p.s. re:op 1.4 kosher conduct. we do have a code of conduct (community standards) but not gameplay related. It would be fun to make a thread with various goio etiquette things.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:55:27 pm by Omniraptor »