Author Topic: Gat-Flac Spire  (Read 10180 times)

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Gat-Flac Spire
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:17:07 am »
So in the upcoming patch, the spire's rightmost gun is now 45 degrees, allowing a super easy trifecta with a heavy gun pointed on them as well.

Help me get this build set up. So far I have one gatling on the top left light gun, and a light flack on the 45 degree gun on the top deck. Then a heavy flack is on the center heavy gun, and a flare gun to my side facing gun. To man this I have two ideas:

1: I stay on the helm, one engineer camps hull, another player will take the heavy flack, either gunner or gungineer. Then one person switches between the flack and the gatling up top depending on the condition of the enemy's armor.

2: Engineer camps hull, gunner/gungineer takes the heavy flack, and I and an engineer are both on the top guns, leaving nobody at the helm. If the guns go out of arc, the person on gatling steers us if the enemy hull is down, and if we need to take the armor down, I steer us because we don't need the explosive damage.

Any advice or problems you see? I don't think it will beat a gatling-flack on a galleon, because that is 1 gatling, 2 heavy flack, but I would still like to get it working.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Gat-Flac Spire
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:29:18 am »
Even before the upcoming patch, I always wanted my light guns to compliment my heavy main gun. Simplicity is key for the Spire, as it's already complicated enough to fly/engineer/swap guns. The gat can work. Maybe try a merc on the top left and gat on the top right for you to shoot. This lets you break armor like crazy, disable guns, and keep the pressure on with the Heavy flak. As pilot, I had the best success always manning the top right gun. It was easier to get on the helm if we got off arc.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:31:41 am »
Hmmm, yeah the merc could work to disable engines and guns.

Maybe even a double-gatling plus the heavy flack. I would need to figure out how long that would take to kill stuff.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:41:56 am »
I was up against a double-gat hwacha spire last night. The armor went down nice but the reload killed them. Plus considering the max range of gatling, its only mid at best, and ramming is deadly to a spire.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:36 pm »
You could also have it so that the gungineer runs the front gun (merc) long range, and switches over to the gat (angle gun) at close range.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »
You could also have it so that the gungineer runs the front gun (merc) long range, and switches over to the gat (angle gun) at close range.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the added dps of all 3 going at once is the only thing stopping the Spire from popping into pieces. A pilot at the helm may delay the inevitable, but it really is a case of kill them before they kill you.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 04:06:45 pm »
The Gat/Hwacha Spire is one of the most effective weapon combos I have seen. Its main disadvantage is the lack of long range kill power and the well known weakness of the spire to things like bullets. Adding a Mec to that mix would make the spire a more effective weapon platform. I look forward to attacking them since I still think of myself as a Pyra Pilot.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35:59 pm »
Is there a specific date for the new patch yet or is it still sometime at the end of the month?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »
Is there a specific date for the new patch yet or is it still sometime at the end of the month?

Tuesday