Author Topic: to think pyra is even more sluggish than this now  (Read 16060 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
to think pyra is even more sluggish than this now
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glPEk-9x60

I mean lookit that.

Thats some sluggish turning. In the old Pyra most pilots kept arc mainly to clever predictive than "too op turning."

A mortar nerf might have fixed the majority of the whining about the metamidion. lower its explosive increase its shatter.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:59:26 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: to think pyra is even more sluggish than this now
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
Can you talk about balance of a ship when it is the only ship taken in a match? If there are only Goldfish or only Galleons in a match, chances are the one who has arc first has an easier time.
In a match of only Pyramidions, there is no other possibility than turning the front to the enemy as soon as possible. A Pyramidion is too slow to escape even another Pyramidion and when a Pyramidion trys to hydrogen out of the way, chances are the other one is just as fast, as long as the pilot has good reflexes. Same with only Goldfish and only Galleons against each other, with all the ships having the same speed, there is barely any outmanouvering, there is only hoping that the other pilots and crew make more mistakes or have worse reflexes.

I don't want to remember that match.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:29:19 pm by Dementio »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »
I just want pyra to be back to being a slow turner with fast forward acceleration (and the hull to effectively use it).

Not a light galleon...

It doesn't have to be back to its former glory. Just speed up its forward thrust to more than it is now and its hull to be higher than it is now but not as high as b4.

And ye... the mortar idea. I just want the ships to be back to the way they were meant to be played.

And I showed this particular match because of that ramming and losing arc and the time taken to regain arc. All the same ships, all sluggishly trying to maintain arcs on each other. And as demonstrated by every ship there were ways to avoid giving arcs wit either vertical movement or forward movement. Sure a squid or goldfish might have showed more (the way I use to counter them by flying to the blindside and circling with the pyra hard clawing and me shooting its engines-all while using goldfish carro flame bifecta).

reflecting on those complaints. I stick to what I said then that pyra was fine (I'd be ok with a slight general nerf-but what happened to it was way too harsh). Like all ships it had its weaknesses. Not exactly the fault of the ship if people were too dumb to exploit them.

also ye... the "they ain't no leuosi"... yeesh... that musta burned to hear.

What next? blenderfish too OP? oh wait... crazy king too hard?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »
Revert back to the old horizontal acceleration. It doesn't need turning or hull if it has speed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:15:49 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »
I 2nd this move to make the Pyra even more shitty than it already is. Return us to the lawn dart days and make sure it's hull stays ultra weak making it's ram ability non existent. Then Goldfish, Squids, heck even Junkers can fly around it, laughing merrily all the way while the Pyra's crew curses the day their captain was born for even picking such a useless ship.

Heck lets just take away all turning entirely, make the Pyra only able to move in 2 directions and have to be turned by Allies who gently ram it in the direction it needs to go! Yay!!!

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 06:31:57 pm »
All I know is, a pyra+good captain = mostly wins.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 09:21:54 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLisM2KPDIA

But yes...

Pyra au natural as you can see by the footage was a sluggish turner but was heavily used as a forward facing ram boat.

Now its hull was nerfed to make ramming a laughable prospect, its turning and speed apparently made comparably as slow as a galleon with none of the hull to compensate.

I mean... wtf is a pyra these days but a squid (hull)-galleon(movement)? It needs some of its former glory returned to it. Partial hull buff, greater forward thrust, keep the turning nerf to stop the whining about the classic pyra returning.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:34:06 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 10:12:01 am »
If a captain in a pyra has mostly wins now days, he is either always against easier opponents, or he is a good tactician with a good crew...

Everything the pyra can do, other ships can do too..
The only two things the Pyra has against other ships is its compact size, making it harder for mid level gunners to hit, and making it easier to be sneaky with... But the squid has a similar size...
And the pyra is easy to maintain, which only benefits lower levels, once crew learn to crew, Junkers, Squids, Mobula and Spires they will not need the Pyra.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:24 am »
The pyra is outgunned at range and isn't maneuverable enough for close. It used to be good because it's very easy to crew and was fast, but now it's practically as slow as a galleon. Pyramidion has acceleration of 2.25 m/s^2 and galleon 2.1 m/s^2, and max speeds of 30.35 and 30.02.

The pyra had 2 assets: fast and easy. Now it's the same speed as galleon. Turning speed was always ok and not the issue. The hull health is low but it always had mediocre hull and died quick. The problem is that a charging pyra is no longer scary.

The pyra is a brawl ship that no longer excels at brawling. It was the most used ship in pub matches and competitive and needed a nerf, but speed wasn't the answer because that's half what it's good at. It only worked at range because it was easy (and small). I think the hull nerf was ok.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 01:23:29 pm »
Skrimskraw said something about it being good at ambushing and the like and he is right. The Pyramidion is not as big as a Spire or Galleon, has more fire power on the front than the Squid and Junker and is easier to manouver through these ambush paths than a Mobula. The only ship that can reach that level is the Goldfish, which is limited to the only three useful heavy guns in this game.

I guess the only way for that ship to be seen as good is if you think of it as some kind of Assassin/Infiltrator or something. On Dawn, the sneaky bits aren't there, because on Dawn you are easily visible from pretty much everywhere and if a Pyra would go under the boat in the middle of the map, it would face an instant disadvantage in arcs against the other Pyras, if it was to be spotted.

It's crewing is easier than most ships too and it is a good choice when the enemy has one too many Carronades. So it would probably make it the easiest playable "Assassin" ever created in multiplayer game history. Because in all other games it requires more skill to play the assassin when compared to other available classes/types. Yes.

The Pyramidion is more fucked up than anything else in the game, what the hell.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:37 pm »

Ha ha ha ha...rofl....LMAO....oh wait...you're serious?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 06:13:51 pm »
The pyramidion is barely an assassin if the squid can do a better job than the pyramidion.

The pyramidion in it's current state has no real strengths.

Offline greendra

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »
I mainly play on the para on CP. Normally a meta, just defending the point, moonshine and claw at the start to get there, all engis on the engines.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »
I would not know. I rarely ever fly it in any state. I saw it as 'easy mode' when I started the game, so went straight for the ship that was seen as the weakest at the time (Galleon). Then I proceeded to kill all the Metamidians.

Maybe I will start taking it since it seems to take more skill to keep alive.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 01:26:35 pm »
I would not know. I rarely ever fly it in any state. I saw it as 'easy mode' when I started the game, so went straight for the ship that was seen as the weakest at the time (Galleon). Then I proceeded to kill all the Metamidians.

Maybe I will start taking it since it seems to take more skill to keep alive.

if by skill you mean point the front guns and hope you win a dps race thats easily loss depending on the angle the enemy ship rams your nose as well as the competence of your engie to fix a hull and your mortar gunners ability to shoot the mortar at 1. the right time 2. the correct accuracy. As well as your gunners ability.

Its really a ship that cant afford a single fk up. One crew in the wrong position, using the wrong ammo, firing the wrong part, pilot giving poor arcs... and it is a dead ship.

Because any minor mistake is heavily punished by the slow movement to regain arc, (seriously, a hard turn with claw is about the speed of a goldfish turn on forward throttle) AND the near cardboard-eque hull. All that armour in its aesthetic and it just takes a half a clip of gat to go.