Author Topic: First Times  (Read 17199 times)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: First Times
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 03:25:52 pm »
I flew with Zuka once. My Hwacha kept bursting into flame, but he still kept the sensual maniacal laughter to a minimum.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28:24 pm »
I've never actually flown with Zuka.
Zuka is the raw emotion of Lust personified. To be on the same ship as him is to know the joy of a meteor as it burns its way through the atmosphere. His voice works its way into every frozen nook and cranny of your being and warms it to a level you had not thought physically possible. I weep for all those who will never experience this. I weep for you Carn.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 04:26:01 pm »
Oh, m-my...

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 07:24:58 pm »
I've never actually flown with Zuka.
Zuka is the raw emotion of Lust personified. To be on the same ship as him is to know the joy of a meteor as it burns its way through the atmosphere. His voice works its way into every frozen nook and cranny of your being and warms it to a level you had not thought physically possible. I weep for all those who will never experience this. I weep for you Carn.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

also never flown with zuka in my mere 9 months in this game

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:14 pm »
Another first time for yours truly tonight:

By some roll of the dice, I ended up in a large lobby of people who seem to be pretty central to the community. Good people, lots of jokes, lots of conversations about the numerous applications of the word "suck."

Sadly, for the latter part of this experience, I was inebriated. Shall we say, crossfaded as all hell?

I ended up being so bad at the game that my captain stripped me of my hades and my buff kit, because I failed at keeping things buffed and hit maybe 25% of my shots. Way to make a good first impression! No amount of "I'm not normally this bad" will excuse that performance, I'll tell you h'what. Even if practice turns me pro, I'mma think the scrub label will stick with me for a while.

However, the positives are numerous. I was exposed to a completely different way of playing the game in terms of communication, fun, camaraderie and community. It is certainly a whole lot different than maybe having one or two friends partied up and crawling from pub match to pub match. Needless to say, it was the most fun I've had in some time. I can only hope my shoddy display goes forgiven, and I can weasel my way back into something like that.   

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 11:33:35 am »
Newbluud, unless you were spamming voice chat with pointless drivel or intentionally trolling, you probably did not end up on anybody's blocked list. Most of us see so many new players come and go that it is pointless to keep a record of which ones suck. The only record worth keeping is who can be trusted, and just because you didn't earn your spot on that list last night doesn't mean you will be barred from earning it another day.

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 02:39:52 pm »
Newbluud, unless you were spamming voice chat with pointless drivel or intentionally trolling, you probably did not end up on anybody's blocked list. Most of us see so many new players come and go that it is pointless to keep a record of which ones suck. The only record worth keeping is who can be trusted, and just because you didn't earn your spot on that list last night doesn't mean you will be barred from earning it another day.

I was being a little facetious. I wasn't block worthy, just playing really bad. Still, the overall outcome is positive. Like I said, it was a totally different way of playing the game and it really brought back the novelty of new experience. 

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:43:46 am »
So.. okey. Me and mah mighty crew can't forget our first meeting with a good munker ship in paritan rumble. Damn those munkers, i say!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:49:03 am by IvKir »