Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #56 (Signups for Sunday June 21st)  (Read 32907 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #56 (Signups for Sunday June 21st)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 03:36:03 pm »
^ still a fun first match but ya...

Offline FranckM

• Salutes: 2
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »
Why did the match last 15 minutes since in all the documentation it's written 20. Is it only an error in the documentation or did I make a mistake while timing the match?

Offline Llamas Unite

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 04:14:33 pm »
I timed the match for 20 minutes, with notifications in text at 15 minutes remaining, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 20 seconds and 10 seconds. If you timed the match independently and got a different result then I'm afraid that's something I can't explain, but I did the best I could to make you aware of the time limits in game

Offline FranckM

• Salutes: 2
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »
No worries I might be wrong being in the match and all. Sorry for the bother.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 05:44:19 pm »
For the second time the first kill beats tie breaker has not reflected who would win if the match continued. Most recent kill better reflects the momentum of the match.

I like this idea much better.  I've also thought of having match timeout follow the same rules as pauses - if you're in an engagement, the timer can't run out.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2015, 06:06:19 pm »
Well done to the Storm Ryders! and well played to all who took part!
Thanks for the games one and all!

regarding draw rules...
I've lost to a coin toss before and had to do a rematch after a draw...
It's not easy to find a good result to make everyone happy, but Sparklerfish makes a good point of the timer with drawers match pause rules...

However there would then need to be a set time limit of over-time in such circumstances

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 10:43:15 am »
I would like to personally take responsibility for the lack of streaming and any other complications that went on yesterday. I was planning on being able to stream, but (without going into too much detail) fell physically ill  Sunday morning and then proceeded to take a nap to try and feel better. This nap lasted until about 6PM, an hour after the event ended and 5 hours longer than I expected it to.

This sort of thing is frustrating on all sides, and I'll try my best to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. I hope everyone had a fun event, regardless

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:47 am »
If you need an emergency streamer I can have a cameraman ready (not every Sunday, but some)

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 10:53:24 am »
Real life and health always comes first dude!
As long as you're okay and we know you will survive to stream another day, we will be happy and wishing you well. :)

To summarise those who missed it from my pov...
Me and Nano versus Byron and Blackened..
We get the first kill.. Match goes on till the score of 4-3 in our favour, two minutes remaining and Nano's squid bites the dust..
Byron and Blackened turned their galleon and Junker towards my Pyra.. My reaction..

(I hope everyone can see the comical side and just imagine what our chat was like! "We're running! Buff and fix the engines! Junkers closing in! Tank hull! Ruuuun!")

Match two Fynx vs Nano matched squids, Aayra vs me matched Pyra's almost perfect mirrors.
We won to.goto finals! Feeling of joy and happiness!

Fynx and Aayra come to the finals and show us their real strength to take the win :)

Everyone I saw compete done so well! :)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 11:53:45 am »
I think first kill breaking ties is the most fair, since it puts a pressure on teams not to fuck up in the beginning.

having the tie breaker be the recent kill doesnt mean that the team tying it up deserves to win anyway.
There just cant be fair rules to this.
alternatively you could just say red team always wins ties, its simply just not a fair way of doing Things no matter what. but we all agree that coin toss is bullshit.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »
I think first kill breaking ties is the most fair, since it puts a pressure on teams not to fuck up in the beginning.

having the tie breaker be the recent kill doesnt mean that the team tying it up deserves to win anyway.
There just cant be fair rules to this.
alternatively you could just say red team always wins ties, its simply just not a fair way of doing Things no matter what. but we all agree that coin toss is bullshit.

Bolded and saluted.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 02:55:24 pm »
First kill tie break makes sense to me, but stopping in the middle of brawling doesn't. Letting brawling finish after the time limit would slightly complicate rules, an example being adding 10-20 seconds if ships are in combat within 500m. It would give a little extra time to ranged teams at the disadvantage to rush in and try their luck at brawling. Of course it's not much different than the default time limit and the current tie break works.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 03:05:03 pm »
if the teams would be alright with referees letting the timer run during engagements, i dont see a reason not to let this happen.
BUt be prepared for teams calling unfair treatment from referees.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 03:11:40 pm »
If you decide to let refs call it, you just need a reasonable definition of engagement.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 03:21:27 pm »
That's where I think the problem will be, defining reasonable terms of engagement and as mentioned by Skrim, teams calling unfair treatment.. The more complex the rules the more complex the arguments behind them if challenged..
Sometimes keeping it simple (especially since a lack of teams normally tallies alongside a lack of willing referee's) can make things easier for everyone if ever extra hands are needed to help behind the scenes..