Author Topic: What is your favorite "Random Loadouts"?  (Read 17962 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
What is your favorite "Random Loadouts"?
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:22 am »
This have not seen another post similar to this but if there is, let me know and I will close it.

What is your favorite "Random" ship loadout.

We all like to experiment right? look for new ways to kill people or newer players before teaching them... *Cough*

Here are a few of my favorites.

Flare/Gat Pyra:
May seem strange but Awesome! You have a flare and a gat on the front. its amazing. the flare can instantly cause a 15 stack flame on anything it hits. heatsink give more ammo. The Gat can strip the hull.

Its more of a support ship but I used it yesterday with Satchmo and Keijo Perti and we annihilated some new players before letting them know that Chem Spray can only remove 3 stacks of fire at a time and only lasts a limited amount of time  :).

Barking Dog/Mine launcher Pyra:
The Barking Dog will disable the balloon and some incen rounds in a miner can deal a lot of damage at medium range. lots of fun, slightly hard to control without practice and a decent mining gunner.

Had lots of kills this way.  8)

Let me know some of your random yet... working loadouts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:23:06 am by The Mann »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: What is your favorite "Random Loadouts"?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:04:40 am »
Ayetach ran an event where every pilot was given a randomly generated ship and loadout!
One round I had what was close to a meta galleon, the loch flak kills were marvellous!
Another round Over Watch guys had a squid with a front mine..... I won't exaggerate, they kicked arse.

And another round I had a Hades flare Junker one side, double flare other side cant remember what was on front.. But I remember lots of jokes about the flare gunner having to wait until hull break just for lols, some legitimate flare spamming and a tough fought win.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:09:38 am »
That sounds awesome!

If this is an event, please let me know if it will be done again?

That sounds like fun,

Giving people random ships reminds me of the unpredictability of the Wabbajack in Skyrim..

"Ayetachs Wabbajack Battles"

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:52 am »
Probably not going to happen again soon with Aerodrome starting up again for the summer. I do like the silly events though, and I'm not just saying that because I am the fastest squid pilot and won squid races. (Wait this isn't the bragging thread.)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:16:02 am »
Brag all you like!

I intend for this thread to show people bragging about kills with ships and experimented loadouts.  :D

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:19:03 am »
I did pole Ayetach about it just now so he can mull it over and look at hosting it again 8)

It was a lot of fun, random ships and gun combinations which made little to no sence.
Harpoons paired with mercs
A lot of us even flew a bit silly...
I spent half the round in my Junker flying in reverse :)

And I think the carro mine oyra.is very efficient, it is a build I use often, however the carronade Nerf hit it hard, it seems.you need.competant gunners just to.get a balloon pop...

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 05:59:42 pm »
I would love to host more games like the ones I did, and I likely will in the future - currently life is a bit busy for me to schedule time for it on Saturdays but stay tuned, I'll be making postings when the time is ripe for madness ;)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »
I did pole Ayetach about it just now so he can mull it over and look at hosting it again 8)

It was a lot of fun, random ships and gun combinations which made little to no sence.

And I think the carro mine oyra.is very efficient, it is a build I use often, however the carronade Nerf hit it hard, it seems.you need.competant gunners just to.get a balloon pop...

If you read the patch notes L.Carro is now focused on disabling parts rather than popping balloon

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 06:38:12 pm »

If you read the patch notes L.Carro is now focused on disabling parts rather than popping balloon

I was away during that patch but thanks for the heads up, not sure why that change was made considering the Artemis can disable up close for the light weapons but balancing is a beast of its own..

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 06:40:54 pm »

I was away during that patch but thanks for the heads up, not sure why that change was made considering the Artemis can disable up close for the light weapons but balancing is a beast of its own..

They wanted to distinguish between the two.  L.Carro is still effective against balloon, just not quite as much, and it's even more effective against components.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
As engineer i like to persuade my pilot to give me 2 flares on the top of a spire or side of a pyra.
As pilot I like my triple lesmok carronade mobula for the sound it makes. Another favourite for dealing with unhelpful crew is the "Ramming Trolleon" a galleon armed with a bow, a keel, 2 minelaunchers and 4 minotaurs in order of importance. Ramming a sqiud from above hard enough to pop its balloon and accelerate it to terminal velocity would have been a beautiful sight had it been visible from the helm.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 08:47:07 pm »
Carro merc double flare pyra

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 03:24:45 am »
As engineer i like to persuade my pilot to give me 2 flares on the top of a spire or side of a pyra.
As pilot I like my triple lesmok carronade mobula for the sound it makes. Another favourite for dealing with unhelpful crew is the "Ramming Trolleon" a galleon armed with a bow, a keel, 2 minelaunchers and 4 minotaurs in order of importance. Ramming a sqiud from above hard enough to pop its balloon and accelerate it to terminal velocity would have been a beautiful sight had it been visible from the helm.

Got to love the Flare guns!

Also, that Trolleon sounds like a lot of fun  :D

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 03:26:31 am »
Carro merc double flare pyra

Now that is an interesting front loadout!  :D How do you use it effectively?

Also, I'm seeing a lot of popularity with the flare guns! They are good weapons, even after the change of fire stacks from 20 to 15.

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 05:55:41 am »
So, dumb loadouts played for fun?

I'm still learning what is viable and what is not, so some of my "dumb" loadouts may not be as dumb as I thought. Equally, some loadouts I think are the bomb are likely troll loadouts past level 30. Anyway, my fave dumb loadouts are as follows.

Double merc pyra:
It's just so fun to sit and take cheeky little shots at far away ships, with two buff-charged engis manning the front, we knock out armour in 2-3 hits almost all the time. It can actually work pretty well if our kill ship allies let us know who they are focusing, because we can basically remove the armour for them.

In fact, one time we had a double merc pyra (us) and a double mortar pyra (ally) in a 2v2. The double mortar ally had no idea what he was doing and didn't know that mortars are useless prior to armour break. Thankfully, he was a chatty guy that was keen to communicate. And so, we camped the north of the map on Canyon Ambush, and baited, while he hid himself in clouds or behind rocks. Basically, anyone that charged were disabled and stripped in one or two clips from us, and the double mortars made for an insanely quick kill.

Probably the most fun we've had as underdogs yet, and boy were we underdogs back then.

5 incendiary gat junker:
Anyone with good chem cycles is not intimidated at all, and it sucks at killing, but probably the most fun you'll have if you meet that low level Mobula crew that picked it because "muh guns". It's funny how they fire on you once or twice before you can just sit and watch them scurry around desperately trying to fix/rebuild/extinguish. It's evil and fails against anyone that has a clue, but serves as a good learning exercise for the greener crew.