Author Topic: Mine-laying Ships  (Read 28525 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Mine-laying Ships
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 03:16:48 am »
How crucial is lesmok on a Muid's engineer? Is it viable to just rush the range loss and make use of loch or incendiary. Or maybe just have the engineers swap to get 2 choices on the side gun.

On another note i had fun once when when an opponent decided that 1 or 2 non focused mine launchers on my ship were cause for a mine duel, i ended up with a 3 mine lumberjack spire and had a distinct advantage after the inevitable mine stalemate.

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 03:35:48 am »
How crucial is lesmok on a Muid's engineer? Is it viable to just rush the range loss and make use of loch or incendiary. Or maybe just have the engineers swap to get 2 choices on the side gun.

Lesmok isn't necessarily crucial for a Muid, the range at which a Muid operates is determined by what the pilot is comfortable with. (This is usually decided by what you are fighting and the terrain surrounding the area) Most mines will be deployed at around a normal range. The only time a lesmok mine will be used is on the initial charge, if the pilot misjudges the distance, or the enemy has put themselves in an awkward spot with terrain. But having a back up ammo on the other engineer is always a good idea, providing they can swap quickly when needed. Hope that helps.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 10:10:17 am »
The best thing I have ever done with a mine: I was playing on Paritan with a squid. The enemy's armor was about to go down. They were near a mine, but they were not going to hit it. I charge full speed ahead into the mine to set it off. I barely make it out alive. The enemy was not so lucky.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 11:05:55 am »
The best thing I have ever done with a mine: I was playing on Paritan with a squid. The enemy's armor was about to go down. They were near a mine, but they were not going to hit it. I charge full speed ahead into the mine to set it off. I barely make it out alive. The enemy was not so lucky.
That's awesome.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 06:59:41 pm »

HAVE YOUR 100th SALUTE YOU BEAUTIFUL INSANE BASTARD

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 07:01:08 pm »
That's awesome.

Your 40th salute you... Typically roleplay person...

Offline VomAct

• Salutes: 11
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2015, 10:16:40 pm »
I literally just wrote a guide for minesquids.  I wouldn't suggest learning mines on a squid though, it is super quirky. Munker is better just because it is a stable platform and you won't hit nearly as many mines.

Link: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,6527.0.html

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 08:40:03 am »
I literally just wrote a guide for minesquids.  I wouldn't suggest learning mines on a squid though, it is super quirky. Munker is better just because it is a stable platform and you won't hit nearly as many mines.

Link: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,6527.0.html

I actually saw this just after it was posted. I wondered if this thread had been any inspiration, ha. Thanks for the post, dude. Take a salute o7.