Author Topic: My first 4 months of GOIO  (Read 23315 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: My first 4 months of GOIO
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 06:26:53 am »
Yeah totally. There are some fantastic female players in this game. But I've seen it all too often where the moment they open their mouth to speak, they get a crew of hormone filled idiots. It isn't so much that they aren't skilled, its just they have to put up with tons of pigs. Why I've strongly supported B'Elanna's efforts and will go out of my way to mine pigs, friend or foe.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 08:30:54 am »
Yeah totally. There are some fantastic female players in this game. But I've seen it all too often where the moment they open their mouth to speak, they get a crew of hormone filled idiots. It isn't so much that they aren't skilled, its just they have to put up with tons of pigs. Why I've strongly supported B'Elanna's efforts and will go out of my way to mine pigs, friend or foe.

Saluted.
May Phobos bless those who join in the hunt against those whom deserve it.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 11:37:00 am »
I always become sad when I come across people such as this.

You join a game with a battle plan and all the new players instantly shout "Press Ready" as if they knew what they are doing and then they get sad when they lose. I have a keybinding set up so that when they say that, i say this: "why don't you use this time to plan a course of action against us".

As for the domination of genders, that also makes me sad, there is no need for such ignorance and abuse towards others. I have some amazing and skilled friends in this game  - "Spoon Ninja, Zelda, Bronthe" the list goes on for about 20 others and I am pretty sure I have seen each one get abuse in some form.  :'(

I always like to have fun when playing this game, I always look to join new players in need but when I see such behavior, I prove that I am worth my skill levels. I prove that I have not achieved high levels just through a year of fun. I prove I have the skills required to show them the error of their ways.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 01:40:40 pm »
(I am going to say this again. Sexism of any kind is not tolerated in our game. Please report every individual who may be participating in any action that would make our players feel uncomfortable. Please be detailed so we can keep track of these individuals, and gather enough evidence that we can take the necessary actions in response.)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »
(I am going to say this again. Sexism of any kind is not tolerated in our game. Please report every individual who may be participating in any action that would make our players feel uncomfortable. Please be detailed so we can keep track of these individuals, and gather enough evidence that we can take the necessary actions in response.)

Will do master!  :D

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 05:03:51 pm »
These are mostly not people that stay in the community. These are the people that buy copies during sales, play for 10 minutes, act like assholes and leave forever. Problem is, Muse relies on these people to buy their game.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 09:42:21 am »
^ Well said.

Everytime I have a sexist in lobby I put as much effort as I can to make their day at least bad.
Actually this applies to all people that annoys me in game by making fun of somebody for some stupid reasons. ^_-