Author Topic: Shortcut for blocking?  (Read 7150 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Shortcut for blocking?
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:05:45 am »
We all like time, do we?
We all like blocks, do we?

Especially during sales we block A FREAKING LOT of people and having to click on the nick, choose block from the list and then click again is annoying.
Since this is the most useful feature of GOIO, I suggest having some kind of shortcut for blocking using one click. Like [Shift] + left click on the nick.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut for blocking?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:53 am »
Not a bad idea.

Im not the sort of person to block people. It is more of a case of people blocking me... :P

Although not bad, Muse may not agree as the game is designed for cooperation, communication and strategy.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 09:17:41 am »
+1.
It's a good idea, or add that little block button which is in game (Press tab, look for the red circle, that's in game block.) to the lobby would work too. :)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:18 am »
block off the work around where a person you blocked can join your ship if they join crew via someone already on your ship.

ALSO

people you blocked. force remove yourself from THEIR friendlist SHOULD you be in it.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:09:09 am »
people you blocked. force remove yourself from THEIR friendlist SHOULD you be in it.

Please add this!

Admittedly, there are a few people I do not like and I try to block them to remove me from their list. They constantly follow me, try to join and annoy me, spam me with invites despite being in games already.

*I played with you once, please have some manners and leave me in peace...*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:15:53 am by The Mann »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 10:28:59 am »

Please add this!

Admittedly, there are a few people I do not like and I try to block them to remove me from their list. They constantly follow me, try to join and annoy me, spam me with invites despite being in games already.

*I played with you once, please have some manners and leave me in peace...*

One day, you'll miss them sending you invites.

I get a lot of invites and it breaks my heart that I cant accept them all! :'(

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 12:08:43 pm »
block off the work around where a person you blocked can join your ship if they join crew via someone already on your ship.

ALSO

I surely wouldn't mind that.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 12:38:55 pm »
I'd prefer a shortcut (ex shift-click) to mute instead of block, the mute could be temporary or permanent. Unfortunately there's only the block feature which doesn't distinguish between loud people and those who deserve a block. Having both mute and block helps identify why you muted/blocked them.

Not all loud players are bad. This is the internet and they're playing an indie game with lots of guessing. When they're on a ship with communication and start learning, many are a pleasure to play with.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »
Imma say no.

Unless we're going to add a shortcut to add a friend as well where the opposite of that shortcut is block, I wouldn't be for this. We have enough antisocial behaviour in the GoI community as is. If the tremendously simple and efficient system currently in place is too slow for the droves of players you're blocking, maybe slow down?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »
I'm an introvert. To add someone to my friendlist, I have to fly a few matches with that person and kinda get to know him.
To block someone all I need is 5-10 seconds of microphone/chat abuse, some bad behaviour or really bad gameplay connected with unwillingness to communicate and/or learn. Or, sadly, as usual, each of those.
Also, especially during sales, there is a lot of new demon spawn of "players" who make everyone lives worse. So just blocking people happens so much often than adding them to friends, hence my suggestion.

Antisocial. It's not that I'm antisocial or GOIO community is antisocial. It truly isn't! There is just a bunch of people who likes SILENCE and spending time with people who don't scream to microphones or insult you, or play music or whatever. We don't do it out of vengenance or rage, we don't block people for fun or anything, we're just protecting ourselves.

You claim that adding to friends and blocking is two sides of the same coin. That isn't always the case. It's not "I hate/dislike you list", for many it may be even "Yeah, I don't want to hear you 'at this moment' ", for example when other team is discussing some random shit on the all-lobby voicechat and I'm busy talking with my crew/team about loadouts/tactics. That's why I suggested some other way of dealing with this. For me blocking mostly is sad necessity.

It's funny how people try to defend their argument and cause through attacking others. As to "droves of players", well, I've decided to play some games during sales. What should I do? Apologise? Stop playing until we hit our cosy 400 players prime time zone? What should I do? About "slowing down" thing, I play GOIO for like 7 hours a week, so not really that much. And still, how this is even an argument? I'm antisocial or I block  (too?) many people because I play GOIO too much? I really don't follow.

Putting that a side for a moment, well, can't we do both, perhaps? Shift + click = block, ctrl + click = add to friends? Or just shift but with left/right mouse button?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 09:21:14 pm »
Most people using X chat aren't abusive or negative, but some people don't want to hear it. I wouldn't be opposed to a mute shortcut. A block shortcut is too much, a temporary mute shortcut is fair.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:24:36 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 03:16:36 am »
I like the idea of mute shortcut, it does not even need to be long, just lobby timer long, which also solves a suggestion which was raised before about people who don't want to block players but want a mute function.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 03:58:17 am »
Maybe it could have some kind of notification when you mute someone you also muted the last time you saw them, so you can decide if you should just block them.
It would have to not appear too soon or you would just still be remembering who it was (ex. if you re-mute in a rematch).
It would also need to be not too obtrusive to spare the people who block & unblock bards 10x a day and would switch to mute.

Someone should email the mute button idea in, its definitely something they should consider adding.