Author Topic: Ok enough is enough, we need more nerfs  (Read 12848 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Ok enough is enough, we need more nerfs
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 01:27:07 pm »
Personally I think heavy clip needs to be more precise. Have it take specifically subtract X degrees jitter (not percentage), and then adjust the default jitters on various guns accordingly. That was we can have both our perfectly accurate hwacha disables, and the spread-out carronade, and I will be happy.

I suggested exactly this a while ago:
According to the player updated wiki the Light Carronade has 5 deg and the Heavy one has 6, while the Hwacha has 4 since the update. Hwacha with Heavy Clip will now get a reduction in jitter of -2.8, which means it still has 1.2 deg of jitter. The Light and Heavy Carronade will have a jitter of 1.5 and 1.8 deg with heavy clip, respectively. So you could do something like "Heavy Clip: -3.5 deg of jitter", so the Hwacha has now 0.5 deg jitter while Light and Heavy Carronade have 1.5 and 2.5 respectively, but you could adjust the jitter of the Heavy Carronade to 5.3 deg of jitter to get it back to as it is now with Heavy Clip, which will make the Heavy Carronade slightly better without heavy clip, while keeping its current effectiveness when the ammo type is loaded into the gun.
But I got no response from Eric.

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 03:16:58 pm »
Well IMO the effect of stamina reloads has been to increase the dps of the HWATCHA, which was until now mostly a support disable weapon on the goldfish is now a kill weapon. As for the getting on a galleon as a squid yes that is probably easier, however as a carro fish with your engines sticking way out to the rear they are a target now for a stamina hwatcha shot while you are trying to maintain station for your gunner to hit the baloon when dealing with goldies or galleons, not so much spires.

A lot of discussion here talks about how the hwatcha doesnt do well at range, but I would like to remind everyone that meta ships have always been close range ships, mostly due to ease of use for gunners. Which is why we are seeing this giant increase in hwatcha ships.

As for getting beat by noob players, more than likely if your a level 45 and you get stomped by a level 8 hes probably on a smurf account.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 03:33:28 pm »
Stamina is not significant for dps especially for guns with long reloads. It can reduce a reload by a max of .25*6.5= 1.6 seconds by using up all stamina. That's a 12.4s hwatcha reload and with burst +9.1% dps. Gunner stamina takes the longest to regenerate so the bonus is very temporary. A good disable of 4 components only refills stamina by 1/3. If you want damage bring buff burst (+16.7% dps).

A quicker reload is an advantage, but I'd argue it's better to maximize damage during the brief important clip. Buff burst fish is a lot easier now. I used to love using it when you'd have to rush in quick avoiding fire but now it's much less risky. Flying buff burst fish before it was meta (left flare right greased carro). The wrench buff engi brought heavy for flare and hwatcha but was rarely used on hwatcha (mostly against spires). Spanner mallet buff burst helps on hull and buffs.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:03:26 pm by BlackenedPies »