Author Topic: The Bragging Thread  (Read 172351 times)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bragging Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2015, 05:18:46 pm »
Heh this was back before max level was 45 :o

I thought it was spud. But i thought it would be worse to say the wrong person xD

And yeah it was amazing- we had to call the right person to the right place. "Spanner to hull." "Chem to balloon." It was a really good laugh and it proves that teamwork is the most OP after all. ;)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2015, 05:35:11 am »
Heh this was back before max level was 45 :o

I thought it was spud. But i thought it would be worse to say the wrong person xD

And yeah it was amazing- we had to call the right person to the right place. "Spanner to hull." "Chem to balloon." It was a really good laugh and it proves that teamwork is the most OP after all. ;)

We did it for a laugh but we promised to try hard at it and it worked! We got into a stable rhythm. We also took different pilot tools for in case we needed to pull some fancy moves, with only one of us sporting a spyglass. Teamwork is the most OP without a doubt.

And ya, this was before the big levels patch so our levels would all be in the 15 - 25 region nowadays. We're badasses we promise.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2015, 03:58:46 pm »
Oh man, I soooo remember this.

Even though we were the same class, we had roles.

Like, upstairs was chem and pipe wrench, and below was fire extinguisher and spanner.

That was just for starting. We had people jumping all around for all sorts of different situations we planned for, almost felt like some sort of anti-duck, running all gunners so tightly.

I actually really recommend you all do that with a crew you're super tight with, it really builds trust and communication.

Also: (and I admit, I got this idea from someone else) I was flying with Welsh Zelda, Admiral Obvious, and Lord Fudge.

Admiral tied a dirty shirt around his head like a blindfold as the pilot; Lord Fudge wore a welding mask (IRL) so his visibility was about 10% as secondary engineer; Welsh Inverted her mouse controls as the gunner; and I took main engineering, telling Admiral where to fly, and helping anyone else as the gunner class.

We played a couple of matches like this, and actually won a few, and managed a *Very* close raid match (within 50 points).

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »
Oh man, I soooo remember this.

Even though we were the same class, we had roles.

Like, upstairs was chem and pipe wrench, and below was fire extinguisher and spanner.

That was just for starting. We had people jumping all around for all sorts of different situations we planned for, almost felt like some sort of anti-duck, running all gunners so tightly.

I actually really recommend you all do that with a crew you're super tight with, it really builds trust and communication.

Also: (and I admit, I got this idea from someone else) I was flying with Welsh Zelda, Admiral Obvious, and Lord Fudge.

Admiral tied a dirty shirt around his head like a blindfold as the pilot; Lord Fudge wore a welding mask (IRL) so his visibility was about 10% as secondary engineer; Welsh Inverted her mouse controls as the gunner; and I took main engineering, telling Admiral where to fly, and helping anyone else as the gunner class.

We played a couple of matches like this, and actually won a few, and managed a *Very* close raid match (within 50 points).

do that against me so I can later brag that I kicked the butt of the most experienced players in the game.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:16 pm »
Well, recently I was aboard one of the ships, who kicked some experienced asses. I believe that Replaceable was there? And Lydia? I swear I saw Wundsalz. And Lueosi. Goddammit, why I haven't recorded that fight. Nor did a screenshot.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »
Well, recently I was aboard one of the ships, who kicked some experienced asses. I believe that Replaceable was there? And Lydia? I swear I saw Wundsalz. And Lueosi. Goddammit, why I haven't recorded that fight. Nor did a screenshot.

Meh... I have been noticing the vets are getting a lil sloppy. I mean lvl 5-8 pilots and crew vets... just... how? No excuse either, besides possible substances (soder) and being under the influence (soder again).

I saw some stacked matches and the vets just randomly lose. I mean sure there were instances where I was on the opposite side teaching basic-not-terrible-piloting.

But that alone didn't have to mean my one ship versus 2 vet ship (ally galleon was useless-as expected of noob galleons), brought the game ending in 4-5 to them clutch match.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2015, 08:02:17 pm »
Actually.. it can.. because there's more to just flying well.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2015, 08:02:36 pm »
You must appreciate that one ship of vets =/= that team winning.

The same goes for an almost full crew but with a swabbie or powder monkey.

Any number of things can happen in a game, the powder monkey can not shoot or always miss or take the wrong ammo.
Your engineer could not repair.

Co captains can leave us 3v1 or so.

And most importantly we're also only human and can miss shots.

But the point im really trying to make- there are many things going on in a match that can factor into defeat or a win.
Sometimes we just get outplayed. Especially as newer people are unpredictable and do things we wouldnt expect. SUPRISE BLENDERFISH AAAAA.

So basically don't get disheartened when you see a stacked match. Blame matchmaker- we don't like stacked matches either. Most important part is scramble. :D

I think i waffled a bit um.

[Back in the day i thought Rydr ships were immortal and was genuinely suprised when i started dealing perma damage to one xD]

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »
You must appreciate that one ship of vets =/= that team winning.

The same goes for an almost full crew but with a swabbie or powder monkey.

Any number of things can happen in a game, the powder monkey can not shoot or always miss or take the wrong ammo.
Your engineer could not repair.

Co captains can leave us 3v1 or so.

And most importantly we're also only human and can miss shots.

But the point im really trying to make- there are many things going on in a match that can factor into defeat or a win.
Sometimes we just get outplayed. Especially as newer people are unpredictable and do things we wouldnt expect. SUPRISE BLENDERFISH AAAAA.

So basically don't get disheartened when you see a stacked match. Blame matchmaker- we don't like stacked matches either. Most important part is scramble. :D

I think i waffled a bit um.

[Back in the day i thought Rydr ships were immortal and was genuinely suprised when i started dealing perma damage to one xD]

Yeah when I say stacked I mean full vet team. and them losing.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2015, 09:33:13 pm »
Ahaha. Well hats off to you. :D

The vets are allowed off days. :D

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2015, 12:04:04 am »
I managed to kill BdrLineAzn a few times, Goldie to Goldie.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2015, 12:26:54 am »
I managed to kill BdrLineAzn a few times, Goldie to Goldie.

How is it that this is the first thing I see when I log on lol. But so many battle I have been in and was on a vacation that I may have forgotten which ones were they.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2015, 02:08:44 am »
Hmm... Canyon Ambush, both of us were flying a Hwachafish, I had SapphireSage as my engi, and my ally was a motley collection, all thrown into a support Junker.  I forget what your ally was.  Match ended in a chaotic brawl between me and you, flamers and Hwachas and I think a carronade, oh my!  Our allies were just trying to figure out which ship was which.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2015, 07:10:12 am »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2015, 09:44:02 pm »
Ahaha. Well hats off to you. :D

The vets are allowed off days. :D

No. Vets never rest. They are AI, transcending humanity... They live on subroutines and protocols and algorythms dammit.

No humans shoots a lumberjack like that dammit! I wanna know fear again!