Author Topic: Aerodrome 3 Announcement  (Read 42842 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Aerodrome 3 Announcement
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 12:18:31 am »

Offline RunningTree

• Salutes: 17
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 11:00:46 pm »
CsM: Dividends

by Cadett and RunningTree

Offline Syconawt

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
    • Musics!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 11:12:33 pm »
That looks awesome, great work you two!

Offline Sliced And Diced

• Salutes: 13
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 06:48:01 pm »
Ok on The Rules Define "... Unable to secure contract"

not sure what that means

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 03:49:39 am »
Question Time! What are "%" and "Cargo T/O" columns? If Ratio means Kill/Deatch ratio, how the hell is it calculated? :O And my most important question: If a kill is made by a merc, points from this kill are not counted? (That's what I assume, if these points are final). Thanks!

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 04:24:22 am »
Same as baseball or sports. Percentage win rate. Cargo T/O = Cargo Turnover. So losing the cargo. K/D ratio is calculated the same as any game. Kill/Deaths. So say you get 18 kills and die 12x. Means you have a 1.5 K/D ratio. GOIO used to have K/D stats before Muse removed them a few patches ago. Some of us complained but much of that has gone unheard. Guess not many cared about them, or people really wanted to know useless stats like spot removal.

We're attempting to record it during this so we have something for the casters to discuss instead of them trying to sit there and remember how a team has performed. Also to see how feasible it is for future events so competitive play can have useful stats to refer to. This might be something events like SCS could do since they run weekly instead of for limited tournament time slots.

Currently not recording merc stats so only official contracts get records. Actually might change that somewhat and at least record them internally as telling the refs to record one but not the other was a little problematic. Mostly due to ship names getting confusing. However we don't want to force people to name ships after their companies but to be creative with ship names so there is no way that rule would have come in for this.

From now on we will have a ref and a scorekeeper in each match. One will be watching for T/O and caps, the other will be recording stats. Load is just a bit too much for one person to handle. Why M4 and M5 had more than 1 ref. I was trying to help them out via the stream but even I had trouble catching every moment during some of the fights.

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 04:46:47 am »
about K/D, it makes sense, but in the stats, you have for example 1 kill, 3 deaths, K/D -3 (should be 1/3). I understand, why you record it, and I like it, just the negative numbers are weird ;)

Also, I understand, why you don't give points to mercs. BUT, you also dont give points to normal contractors for kills made by their allied mercs. And that's just unfair.
For example, match 3: it ended 7-3, where only non-merc ship was on the losing side. This ship received only 5 points, instead of 15 (for 3 kills). Makes no sense to me, sorry.

Anyhow, I like how all the matches went and all, great fun for everybody :)

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 05:19:12 am »
Oh you are right. Thanks for catching that. That should have been counted. Okay we'll revise on those. Think we will just internally record merc points because I think thats part how we flubbed up on miscounting.

Tomato King was using a screenshot system to help in recording points but it wasn't something in place from the start. With that and having two keepers in the match to record, hopefully next week will be smoother on recording the stats. But I welcome any cross checking in case we miss. First time doing manual stat tracking so we're learning too.

Offline Elendu

• Salutes: 2
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
    • MeinKraft Online
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »
Thanks Steve, for bringing up some good points.  I was certainly confused, as the scoring didn't match up with the rules document.  So what is the "%" column?  I am guessing "Cargo Cap" is Cargo Capture, but is "Cargo Del." initial Delegation of cargo?  (Does not seem to be the case, if looking at the numbers).

I think there should be two sheets, one for actual "Score" and the other for "stat keeping".  Anyways, glad to see CsM has another ScoreKeeper   ;D

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 04:07:46 pm »
We're looking at having a new match score doc up as well. The casters weren't meant to put the ref's scorecard doc up on the stream. Specially since we had to do recounts on a few of the matches and not all the stats were added yet. So basically everyone got to see the internal scorecards before they were done.

I may rearrange that stat sheet so score and capture or T/O related stats are more in one area and kill stats in the other. % will make more sense as the weeks progress. Basically win %. Cargo Del stands for Cargo Delivered. Because you can deliver cargo even if you lose, it goes along with the Win/loss stats.

Oh and apologies if the WH teams didn't want their strategy revealed but after talking with them post match, it was just too good to pass up the casters being unaware. Often times they have to rely on their own experience or try to guess what the teams are doing and the strategies running. When it became clear that the Rivals on m3 had a clear strategy in mind, I wanted to make sure it was recognized so people wouldn't wonder why they were attacking differently, then thinking less of them for doing so. Something I've been critical about casters over the years. They'd envision strategies then put down teams with very little competitive knowledge to back up their assumptions. The Rival's strat on M3 was gutsy and something I didn't even think about. I hope seeing more strats like this will keep casters and participants on their toes. Whether its a good one or a bad one.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 05:12:15 pm »
Prizes from week one. The following teams, please submit rosters and prize selections to feedback@musegames.com

-Green Sun Trading Co.
-Museosaurus (I guess pat yourselves on the back)
-Fancy Rydr
-Moonshine, Lollipops & Phobos LLC
-Compensate Ryders
-Team Predators

Prizes can be anything up to a max value of $1 each.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 08:02:21 am »
Prizes can be anything up to a max value of $1 each.

Do we get prizes for merc match wins?

If we win 2 matches can we get one thing for $2?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 05:33:34 pm »
Nope, just for your contract match. System could be abused if we did otherwise. The only time a merc would qualify is if all matches filled and they missed the deadline, then an emergency happened and they had to fill on standby status. Its a big hypothetical situation and a what if everything possibly went wrong. But it was thought up and listed.

Offline RunningTree

• Salutes: 17
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2015, 09:59:50 am »
CsM: Dividends

by Cadett and RunningTree