Author Topic: The Gears of The Blasted Galleon  (Read 47249 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
The Gears of The Blasted Galleon
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:14 am »
So this is a more serious RP thread then the Tavern run by Koali, but not quite as much as Burning Skies. Ground rules are that it is strictly canon, and I do consider Burning Skies and Skies have no limit, as canon. If someone wishes to post something that would initiate a quest, I ask you pm me and make sure it is Ok, I don't want to clutter up the cantina with a new quest thread every other week. For now, unless more people get involved, I'm not going to implement the night-lock Yiski did in Burning Skies. I will instead post a end of day, then new day, when I post in the morning. I also ask that people post in the third person, keep out of character posts in parentheses (like this), and if they control more then one character, they put parentheses specifying which one it is, before the dialogue.

The setting is a group of mercenaries, who for comical reasons have decided to turn the front room of their HQ, into a bar. Enjoy, hope this goes well!

Alister Carn, Commander of The Gears Mercenary Company, grunts as he hangs up the sign above his door. It reads, The Blasted Galleon, and it hangs next to another sign saying, The Gears Mercenary Company. "Blasted grease monkey, I'm never letting him order the booze again." Walking inside, he continues to mutter curses under his breathe. Most of which are directed at the rookie who ordered the company, far to much booze, requiring that they turn the front room into a bar. Alister Carn isn't much of a people person. He's a mercenary and before that, he was a sergeant in an Anglean Marauder unit. Still, you've got to make a profit to survive in this world. Looking at the city through the window he mutters "Particularly here in Cathedral." Flipping the sign hanging on the door to open, he goes behind the bar to await the customers. Whether or not they want booze, or to hire The Gears for a job. 

Offline aceofeagles

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Gears of The Blasted Galleon
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:21:59 am »
a goldfish putters into port to a stop. the engines seems to be engulfed by smoke and a bit of fire. a frantic engineer starts blasting the engines with some fire extinguisher fluid and proceeds to yell at somebody. nobody can hear it of course besides the faint sounds of what seems to be arguing. then the captain of the ship stands in view of carns sight as he just stands theyre letting the engineer berate him....he then says something to the engineer and the engineer goes compleatly of the deep end by yelling at him some more. the captain starts walking to the bar and opens the door. carn then hears something that the engineer says.

(engineer)"AND WHEN YOU GET BACK DONT THINK IM GONNA GO NICE AND BE-"

(captain)"oh calm down....by god man keep it calm ill be right back.."

(engineer) he then turns around and grumbles something vulgar at the engines.

Your name is Isaac Spades. you wear a black and white war room suit with a raven symbol on the front a hat adornes your head with the raven logo as well. and you have a mask (avas demon) on for high altitude engagements or to hide your face.

(Isaac Spades) "ah hello..we had some troubles with our engines and i was wondering...do you sell new engines for goldfishes"

(engineer)somehow the engineer heard that and also yelled back "DO YOU ALSO SELL NEW CAPTAINS. CAUSE HES A #$$%#@#$"

(Isaac Spades) you let out a sigh and say"never mind him hes just a bit angry is all....now where can i find new engine for my goldfish sir?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »
(Carn) scratches his chin "We don't sell engines. But I can get one of my boys to take a look at it, for a price. Welcome to the Blasted Galleon. The newest drinking establishment in the city of Cathedral. Well, the front room is anyways. The rest is still Gears HQ. We are a mercenary company."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:52:43 pm »
A rock in the corner of the room begins to talk.

(Rock): "Hey, can I come out now?"

It shakes off the dust and grit that have settled on it over time, revealing it to be not a rock, but a small, round, pink fellow wearing a green Revolutionary with a red scarf.

(Koali): "Or am I still in time-out for buying too much booze?"

(Note: that wasn't Stone form, I was just in time-out so long that all the dust and grit made me look like it.)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:55:44 pm by Koali »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:40 pm »
(Carn) "And you were just starting to blend in." sighs "Come on."

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 02:48:45 pm »
"Hmm Yes I think ill-" sees koali....

"Umm...who...and what.... is he?"

You look perplexed as you look at the strange pink little ball.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
(Carn) gives Koali a deadpan stare "The monkey who ordered us too much booze. Oh, and he's the product of a failed Yeshan mutation lab."

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »
(Isaac Spades) "I see...I suppose that makes sense with all the strange and peculiar experimentations that the yeshans do..."

Sees his engines on fire as the engineer curses and starts spraying them with more fire extinguisher liquid.

(Isaac Spades)"The names Isaac Spades.  I'm a detective from the fjord baronies on a case of some missing valuables from a baron. Seems like somebody sabotaged are engine and left us here."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 05:10:41 pm »
(Carn) pulls out a sketchpad "Got a description? If you want, you can post a bounty on him here. That should get the whelps out hunting, provided the price is right."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 07:10:32 pm »
(Gaige) "You mentioned engine trouble?  I'm your man.  Oh, I see we've finally opened?"

A tall, wiry, white haired man in a white Khovansky jacket walks out from the back, stretching and scratching his head with a spanner.  His face is heavily scarred, yet handsome, and he has a variety of engineering tools at his belt, along with a wicked looking ivory handled, brass plated revolver.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »
(Carn) "If nothing else, you can check your contacts in the city. Somebody's gotta be selling engines. By the way, how are the funds? I dread to know the setback the monkey's booze mix up cost us."

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »
(Isaac Spades)"That's the problem we've never seen his face. However we do have clues that he's around here somewhere...however me and my two crewmates are sorta tired and need a momentary respite. "

Sits at a barstool. "Oh do you have any apple cider...and if so make that two I think my engineer is not in the best  sunshiney mood today "

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 07:39:16 pm »
(Carn) puts down the pad "Ah well, you can hire the whelps if you need some muscle. They're greener than a Chaladonian parrot, but they know this city, and they've got strong backs and arms. Just know this, nothing illegal. Can't afford to have my boys end up in the city jail, because of a job." checks the various boozes available "We've got ale, vodka, whiskey, and rum. Nothing else besides some stuff you can mix in."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »
(Koali): "The booze cost us everything. We've got no money now. Wait, what? Nothing illegal? Aren't we mercenaries? Don't we fight and kill for money?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 08:17:10 pm »
(Carn) "EVERYTHING! Gah! Maybe I can get the council to throw us a bone. And as for illegal, how many times do I have to remind you? We don't do assassinations, we get hired by a city to wipe out pirates, or by a faction to bolster their ranks in an invasion. Some other things here and there, but I try and not piss off governments. Here," tears down a small bounty notice "This guy is in the city. Track him down and dump him at the guardhouse. And return with the FULL reward. Your working your hide off to pay us back."