Author Topic: The Gears of The Blasted Galleon  (Read 47763 times)

Offline aceofeagles

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Gears of The Blasted Galleon
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2015, 03:22:30 pm »
(Spades)"that was one hell of a dustorm."

(Tanner) "aye.we should get going and find our man."

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »
(Carn) goes and quickly changes into his gear, though this time with a long and deep hooded sand cloak on "Best not to appear visibly armed and armored where we are going. That paints you as a target." tosses Spades a more beaten looking cloak "They'll asume we are armed, but won't know for sure what we have. And any sign of body armor is best concealed as well. Let me do the talking."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »
(Koali): "What'll I wear? Just the usual, or something else?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2015, 04:02:41 pm »
(Carn) hands Koali cleaning tools "You help the whelps clean. Your barely out of being a whelp yourself. We all have our strengths. But this will require a modicum of self control. Not one of your greatest abilities. Gaige is in charge until I return. If you don't want to clean, go and do a quick bounty."

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2015, 05:15:01 pm »
Spades looks at nallah and says. "Be good now nallah we'll be gone for a bit.".Spades waves bye as He walks out with carn.

(Nallah)looks at koali. "I c-can help clean. "Gets the cleaning supplys and starts helping.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:14 pm »
The pair walk down to the what was once the old docks, now the underbelly of Cathedral. They stop in front of a dingy looking, half buried old bar. Long abandoned, the sign so rusted, the name is unreadable.

(Carn) "Nobody remembers the name of the place. Commonly called The Rust Heap. Intel says the guy we're looking for is a frequent gambler here. This isn't a legal bar mind you, but the guard can never keep them out. It's your typical crook bar, just under no circumstances order anything here accept the whiskey. And only do that if your feeling healthy and adventurous for about half a week. Let me do the talking, I've got a mercenary reputation, for the ones who know me."

The two walk in, the murk of the room taking a moment for their eyes to get used to.

(Carn) "There in the corner, no don't turn your head. He's here. Even in this dump, nobody likes him. Apparently he's a suspected cheat, but nobody has been able to prove it. You any good at poker?"

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2015, 06:42:15 pm »
(Spades) "decent...I play a good game of chess though.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:32 pm »
(Carn) "Well that's to bad. Your going to play him at poker. He doesn't play anything else. You don't have to win, but if you can prove he cheated.......or if you can't and he beats you sorely, then the other patrons are inclined to be more sympathetic when we talk him up. I'll supply the drinks, and try to keep him talking. You try and spot his cheat."

Offline aceofeagles

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »
(Spades)"aye ill keep him talking.... just to be safe." Loads his miniature dart gun with sleep darts. "Now then. Ill start up a conversation with this bastard. "
Spades walks to a poker table and sits in front of the man. The man gives him a ugly glare and starts shuffling and cutting the cards. On spades right and left were two thugs...... they glared at him also.Spades whispered to himself. "Why the bloody hell do i have to play again?"

------blasted galleon------

(Tanner) talks to shaded."do you guys get these sandstorms often?"

(Nallah) swipes patheticly at the dust and whistles.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2015, 07:53:54 pm »
(Gaige) "Ehh, often enough.  Nothing too hard to deal with.  Now, what in hades did your captain do to his engines?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2015, 08:14:21 pm »
(Carn) Goes over and orders 2 whiskeys and brings them over to Spades and the guy. Slipping into an accent reminiscent of the Mercantile Guild, he says "Our ship just got into port a few hours ago. My friend here is a good cards player, you care to match him?"

(??) grunts "Why not you?"

(Carn) sighing he replies "I've never been very lucky with cards I'm afraid. Women yes, cards no."

(??) chuckles "Fair enough friend, the name is Gregor, most just call me Ace though." plucks an ace of spades from his hat "If you have the coin then by all means."

(Carn) slides Ace the mug, then plunks a small bag of coin onto the table "First round is on me."

(Ace) eyes the bag, then grabs the mug and takes a swig "All right then. Lets play." begins shuffling out and dealing the cards

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2015, 10:46:58 pm »
Koali swept the dust with Nallah's help. He took the time to remember the days before The Nerf, when he could do just about anything.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2015, 11:12:38 pm »
Suddenly Spacetime ripples and sends a hammer flying out of nowhere to smack Koali in the face, erasing such errounous and 4th wall breaking memories such as life before The Nerf(tm).

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2015, 11:23:00 pm »
(OPs note: the previous two posts are non cannon. Attempts to break cannon, and the 4th wall, will result in termination of your character)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:22 am »
(I was attempting to say that with a friendly reminder, but OK.)