Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1141658 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #345 on: March 06, 2013, 08:44:08 am »
--START OF DAY 24--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski, still not back to a 100%, has Roland help with the daily upkeep of the tavern. Not surprisingly, Yiski thinks up a few good reasons why the Guild would still be after him. Even after leaving Baron Militaries to join Zill, the two still harassed Guild ships. What struck Yiski as odd was why a group of Baron fighters help the Guild.

Yiski shook his head. Now's not the time to be thinking this. BdrLine said he had something up his sleeve.

Roland on the other hand still worried about Yiski. He did not know much of the conflict between the Guild and the Baronies because of his age. Roland's father, Micheal, and Yiski crewed together during their Baron Militaries years. Roland heard a lot about Yiski from his father and said if anything happened to him, go to Yiski.

Consequently, something did happen to Micheal.

Together, the two worked in silence to get the saloon ready.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:10 am »
*Qwerty leans on the wall of the saloon, waiting for the door to be opened. He has his plague doctors mask on and is writing in what looks to be a journal. He is writing quickly in a shorthand code and looks up at anyone that gets too close*

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:27 am »
*Walks down the road to the saloon, and notices qwerty standing there. Shink decides to leave him be, as he looks like he is deep in concentration*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24:42 am »
*Yiski sees Shink walk in*

You're here early, then again with the dock in the mess it is I guess it'd be hard to anywhere else but here. Roland! Take Shink's order, I'm gonna grab some air.

*Yiski walks outside and is surprised to see Qwerty on the wall, writing something*

Eh... what's up doc?

Childhood points for those getting the line.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:08 am »
*Qwerty jumps slightly and snaps the book shut, close inspection will see a small punching blade in his right hand. Upon seeing Yiski this blade quickly disappears*

Simply making observations Yiski, I heard about the events yesterday, are you well? If there is any need for it you have my aid.

Also, is the bar open? I could use a drink

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:16 am »
*Yiski sees Shink walk in*

You're here early, then again with the dock in the mess it is I guess it'd be hard to anywhere else but here. Roland! Take Shink's order, I'm gonna grab some air.

*Yiski walks outside and is surprised to see Qwerty on the wall, writing something*

Eh... what's up doc?

*Nods to Yiski*

"Not a lot of work here lately"

*Turns to Roland*

"Some Frost Fire Ale would be nice Roland. Also, you wouldn't happen to know if Oliver is looking for a roommate? Rent on my apartment went up again... not sure why"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:26 am »
*Turns to Roland*

"Some Frost Fire Ale would be nice Roland. Also, you wouldn't happen to know if Oliver is looking for a roommate? Rent on my apartment went up again... not sure why"

*Roland*

Sure, I'll be a second... ... here you go. Also, after what I heard you did to Oliver's place, I highly doubt he'd be enthusiastic to accept you.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:54 am »
*Zill limps past the Saloon, nodding to Yiski and Qwerty. No words are said. His mask was back on, blackened by the explosion much like his uniform. He didnt sleep last night. The thoughts of the past events were like a splinter in his mind, as well as lungs. He made his way to the docks.

The outer fencing was mostly intact, but beyond that was carnage enlightened by the sunrise. A black stain reaching out from his docks seemed to touch everything. His Then It Caught Fire had seen better days. The three engines were exploded, and the main engine support had completely sheared off. Still, nothing time wouldnt fix, and experimentation wouldnt improve.

Zill's Goldfish was legendary. His skill was always best at the helm, and that boat was like a extention of his prowess. With its modified gun mounts, able to swap guns in hours instead of days, its armament was limitless. To watch it enter the Fray was like poetry. Anything from Squids to Galleons fell before its massive guns, only dwarfed in size by its majestic fins. Crew was never in short supply. Early on, the target was mostly raiders. A few opportune strikes got Zill some attention, especially from The Guild. Realizing this, He joined with Anvala, and the Council, for better or worse. He never asked to be Admiral, but his skill in piloting and leading a fleet was second to none. After Yiski joined his crew, the duo was nigh unstoppable. Lately the highly stagnant Council has been sending Zill on suicide missions. As the years go by, he expects nothing less anymore. He knows the job will still get done, on his own time, and never the way the Council wants it.

A small crowd of men stand at Zill's back. Loyal dockworkers from the warehouse fight had slowly followed him in. His natural draw leading people to accomplish what was once thought impossible was a staple of his persona. He says a few words, and orders the dock rebuilt.*

By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:39:20 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2013, 10:58:46 am »
*Takes the ale and takes a deep drink*

"Thanks Roland"

*Sits, and ponders the last days events while nursing the rest of his drink*

I wonder what's going to happen now... never a dull moment in this place
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:11:25 am by Shinkurex »

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2013, 11:00:42 am »
*Qwerty follows the Admiral, and listens to his from within the crowd. As it finishes he steps forwards and speaks up, voice suprisingly strong through his plague doctor's mask*

Is that wise Admiral? Your enemies are plentiful and you are one ship. In understand your anger, however preperation and planing will beat hasty action, and time is now a commodity we are rich in. Your 'giving chase' will result in death, that you can be sure off. Anvala, hell this whole world, can't stand to loose one of the last few good men. Yiski will hit the roof if he finds you've left.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2013, 11:28:53 am »
*Qwerty follows the Admiral, and listens to his from within the crowd. As it finishes he steps forwards and speaks up, voice suprisingly strong through his plague doctor's mask*

Is that wise Admiral? Your enemies are plentiful and you are one ship. In understand your anger, however preperation and planing will beat hasty action, and time is now a commodity we are rich in. Your 'giving chase' will result in death, that you can be sure off. Anvala, hell this whole world, can't stand to loose one of the last few good men. Yiski will hit the roof if he finds you've left.

*Zill grins, though the mask hides it.*

Never fear Qwerty. It is but an old prayer from my folks. It is completely up to you *pointing at the crowd* to determine its meaning. What better thing is there but flight? We may have all the time in the world, but our chase never stops to achieve what we must. May luck bless us with its swift acceptance and allow us to get this dock back on its legs. The sacrifices we've endured after past events would hopefully appease our fates. May we remain vigil and happy, with a full mug, despite dark times. And to the task at hand, Into the Fray.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2013, 11:36:13 am »
*Qwerty cocks his head to the side, considering Zill for a moment. He then takes out his journal, writes something, and then closes it again.*

You certainly are interesting Admiral, this whole place is quiet..... intriguing.

*Qwerty goes and sits nearby, watching the workers on the docks, and paying attention to Zill's action. He writes the entire time*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2013, 11:42:18 am »
*BdrLine opens the door and pushes in a cart with two large bags, some jingles can be heard from the inside*

Hey Roland, have you seen Yiski? Looks like I got some good news after what we went through. When I came back to my dock section, I called in to some of my contacts with the Baron Militaries. Told them what happened here, and now  they are assembling ships with some of old Yiski's crewmates back from the conflict and heading up to Snowpeak. Once that Guild ship from the south gets up there, all hell will break loose to the ones who caused this.

Also some other good news *points to the cart* the reward money from Yesha finally arrived. They expressed, train squid it. With the docks out of commission for a while, I had to fly out in my junker and had it transferred in midair. Right now I have Zill's and Yiski's payment, the rest is in a safe at my warehouse locked up even Sunderland can't get it to open.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:48:08 am by BdrLineAzn »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46:43 am »
*Zill only nods to Qwerty, takes a flask out of his coat and takes a swig. He turns to the daunting task of rebuilding his beloved Goldfish.*

*Points* You four, come with me. We got some fixin' to do. The rest on to your normal duties. This tar filled hole can still support small trade ships.

*The work begins.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:53 am »
*After getting enough 'fresh air,' Yiski sees Zill heading out and gives him a nod, and heads inside and sees BdrLine.*

Is that so? Heh, that'll teach the bastards to screw with us.

*Yiski eyes the payment BdrLine has on him*

Damn! That's a whole lotta of gold. Now I can probably upgrade the saloon a bit. Get myself a new experimental still.

*A mischievous grin can be seen across Yiski's face. Yiski with a new still can only mean new drinks. Whether if it end badly or not, only time... and the poor guinea pigs willing to try it... will tell.*