Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1148455 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »
*Zill finishes his drink and acquires another round.*

Ah yes, the Galleon...

*His tone gets a little lower.*

Havent taken her out since...well you know. Might be high time for her to stretch those gasbags on the next endeavor.

*The thought of Yiski and him running Anvala consumes him for a moment, then he laughs and takes another swig.*

That would be quite the story. Im no city manager though. The damn Baronies are just sick of me doing Northern missions and I dont blame them. They always lose some fine ale when I go through. *Smirks.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 11, 2013, 07:09:39 pm »
*Yiski pats Zill on the back*
Sorry friend, didn't mean to make you remember that day.

*Yiski gets up and makes the two of them a Clear Skies*
This always does manage to cheer folks up. Figures we could use some.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 11, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »
*Zill takes a drink.*

Its no trouble. Im reminded everyday this mask goes on.

*He gives Yiski a blank stare.*

If we keep up like the last month this will be my regular drink. *Laughs.*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2013, 08:17:41 pm »
*BdrLine takes the WSW from Roland and looks at it*

Hmm, *to Shink* so you are sure to not chug it all down?

*As he ponders whether or not to drink this concoction, he decides to do so anyways and takes a sip*

Well here goes

*A while has pass and nothing has seem to be happening, then a small smile comes upon his face as he proceeds to down the whole mug*

Man Yiski, this a lot better then your Hellfires, don't know why the rest of you guys steam up when you drink them 

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:56 pm »
*Walks in, lookin' a bit out of sleep.*

"So whats on the menu tonight? Bar brawl? Gang fight? Anything? I really need to get outta the office..."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »
*Yiski turns to see Paradox. Yiski can see the bags under his eyes and, though he couldn't tell, thought his mechanical parts were already beginning to rust*
By the skies Paradox, you look like someone just dug you out of the sands. Give me a second.

*Yiski goes and prepares Paradox a Clear Skies*
This always does the trick.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:44 pm »
*Having finished his drink, he was feeling invigorated within minutes*

"Ya still haven't answered my question, any mayhem on the agenda?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:27 pm »
*To PapaP*

Not what I've seen, been pretty calm for a while

*After a few minutes, a small rumbling can be heard in BdrLine's stomach*

Umm Yiski, i think i may have found a second side effect for the WSW. Since the actually steaming didn't occurred for me, lets say i need to use the head REAL fast.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »
*Yiski gives a deadpan look to Paradox*
With a new and reinforced walls, no... no mayhem... at least for right now. I actually like seeing a fresh coat of paint and the walls actually looking decent. We'll do a stress test of the walls later.

*Yiski turns to BdrLine as he runs for the toilet*
Huh... gotta make a note of that.

*Yiski looks around and doesn't see Ny-Lee with BdrLine*
Hey! Where's Ny at? Is she still doin' some sightseeing?

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »
*From the facilities*

Oh Ny she'll be coming in a few, she wanted to fix up a few things that were laying around my docks. Something about its dangerous to leave flamer fuel next to the the generator or having some moonshine out in the open for people to drink while working. I don't know it, as i don't see any problem.

*As BdrLine is still in the head enters Ny-Lee*

Ugh how does my brother not see his docks is a potential hazard zone, i mean really he has a whole string of his experiment and ammunition just laying around.

Sorry you had to see me like this but i really need a frost fire

*She heads to the bar and just lays her head down*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2013, 11:23:34 pm »
*Zill chugs his Clear Skies and orders a WSW*

Jeeze Ny you look worse than i do on a good day. Find anything alive on that old place of BdrLine's?

*He turns to PapaP*

And you look like that old Junker we buried in the sands, 20 years after we buried it. *Laughs*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2013, 11:34:45 pm »
*Roland turns to Ny*
"You certainly look in need of a drink, but I think a good Clear Skies would help more."

*Roland fixes up a CS for Ny*

*Roland turns to Paradox*
"Heavens PapaParadox you definitely need a drink, and I think something for your parts too. Those definitely need some help. Yiski, do we have anything for mechanical parts?"

*Yiski turns to Roland*
Hmm... I think I do give me a sec.

*Yiski gets up and walks into the back room. A few minutes pass until Yiski comes out with an oilier. There's a label on it which reads: NEVER USE THIS FOR MECHANICAL PARTS*

I know what you're thinkin'. The oilier's clearly says not to use for parts, but that's just I don't want to mix its contents with what's in the stills.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2013, 11:51:13 pm »
"Flak it, give her a shot"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2013, 12:10:10 am »
--NARRATOR--

Yiski places the oilier and applies the unknown brown substance on Paradox's mechanical joints. When Yiski is done, everything seems to be okay.

Huh...

"Were you expecting something to blow up Yiski?" Roland asks.

Yeah, I thought everything here explodes or at least sizzles. Now I wonder what the hell this stuff is.

Paradox wasn't paying attention to the conversation. He was amazed first off he didn't explode or melt. Second, the liquid worked better than the high end oils he got (perks with being a CEO of a major trade company).

Well... ... then a feint, but slight whistling could be heard. Even over all the noise and conversations around them, the whistling could be heard.

Every single soul in the saloon went quiet, but the whistling continued. Yiski leaned into try the find the source of the whistling. It was coming from Paradox.

Immediately, everybody thought the worst: Paradox was gonna blow up and his body would become deadly shrapnel.

EVERYBODY! GET COVER!

Pandemonium struck as patrons were flipping tables over to protect themselves. Yiski grabbed Roland and ducked behind the bar. BdrLine, Ny, and Zill followed quickly. Shink froze for a second before ducking behind the couch.

Poor Paradox just sat in the middle of the saloon... waiting and whistling.

Minutes felt like hours as Paradox's parts kept whistling. Soon the whistling started getting louder and eventually sounded like a teapot boiling.

WHISTLE...WHISTLE...WHISTLE...WHISTLE...

Soon, it stopped all together. Again, silence still draped the saloon. Paradox immediately checked himself. Everything was still functioning.

Yiski came up over the counter, took a look at Paradox and smiled.

How's that for your mayhem?

And the saloon erupts in laughter, not truly realizing the averted disaster.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 29--
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:13:34 am by Yiski »

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2013, 03:28:29 am »
Wether it was dusk or dawn, the sky was afire as she rose or plummeted into the blue sending a screaming hail of angry colors across the sky as he waited for the Burning Skies to open.  He smelled of dust, oil and sulfur, the grime of travel in the folds of cloth and skin so thick that it left a cloud about him with each shambled step.
His leg seemed lame, a cane in one hand of solid brass cracked heavily on the floor boards as he moved, lines of pain long since carved into his face like rivers running down mountains spoke of the torturious legacy this burden caused him.  His hair was thin and long, a balding pate and complexion tanned like leather in the harsh desert, blasted by biting sand and frozen till cracking like the glaciers in the bitter cold north.
His eyes peered through the windows for a suitable place to sit, hard small things of a faded gray like flint, cruel in the way they judged a person instantly, predatory in the way they leered like a beast on fat prey.

That cane is what most would know him by, the head shaped like a whale breaching out of a metal sea.  Captain Timothy, mad tim, the cloud whaler.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:38:16 am by RearAdmiralZill »