Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1175751 times)

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1695 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:45 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger, still looking at the picture of his brother sighs.

Honeybadger
"Clear Skies please..."

For some strange reason, Honeybadger paid for this one drink from the spare money he had in his pocket.

Honeybadger
"Sooner or later I'll pay my tab..."

Honeybadger sighs and places the picture down in plain sight, bored.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #1696 on: May 28, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »
Paradox awoke, once again, he was finally done succumbing to pain... succumbing to weakness. On the verge of one of the largest conflicts the known world has faced. Why did the guild push through Arashi to hit a neutrally aligned trade hub? Anvala had survived this long as an independent city-state, but now with hunger in their eyes the factions looked upon it. Yesha’s triumvirate council and their useless figure head emperor, The Baronies Dahlberg and his banner men, Anglea sat foreboding in the north, How had The Guild attacked Anvala? They would’ve had to pass through Arashi air-water space, why did The League not seize the opportunity to sunder one of The Guilds many fleets? Allies? No. They’ve been at war too long, too much bad blood.

The endless amount of questions swirled around in his head, Paradox needed answers.

He swung his long mechanical legs off of the bed, lit a cigarillo and put on his hat. He looked down at his latest enhancement, after a brief inspection of the plate that scale his torso, he tapped on it, it made a metal on metal clank and the reverberation tickled the skin it was attached to. He stretched thinking of the many business arrangements that could be made, he smiled. Let the arms race begin.

--DLTC Headquarters—
He strolled into his office, wearing nothing but his boxers and hat. His employees rose to meet him, John was the first to speak: “Boss, you should be in bed, you need that to heal properly or you’re boned...” He looked at Paradox for a moment, “Where are your clothes?” John continued.

“Well, the doctors don’t exactly keep your clothes on when they’re trying to stop you from bleeding out, especially when you’re missing half your fuckin’ torso, John.” Papa retorted.
Jen stood there blushing, trying to avert her eyes.

“I need a status report on the damages and hopefully repairs... If you haven’t started those, you’re both fired.” Paradox said nonchalantly, ignoring his revealing attire, or lack thereof.

“H... Hangers, eight through thirteen have been d... destroyed, along with their contents, a lot of sky-cranes have gone down as well, slowing the loading of a lot of ships. They’ve started rebuilding hangers eight through ten and are working on clearing debris from the last tree.” She started off less than composed, Paradoxes near nakedness distracted her by showing how much of his body was actually mechanical.

“This is going to set us back, a lot, get the ship wrights working on replacement ships immediately.” He said while walking outside the door at the back of his office unto a balcony overlooking a large portion of the hangers. “Fuckin’ brass hats and their stupid fucking mongrel fleet. Time to start feeding the fire, weapons and ammunition go straight to the Baronies, Raw materials go north... John go south and facilitate trade with the Arashi nomad tribes, I want to give them weapons, cheap. The more shit they can throw at the Guild, the better, I’m tired of the fucking council and their inaction. We will wait for the day either Anglea or The Baronies claims this city and ends the council’s neutral bullshit.” Paradox finished his tirade, Jen and John went to work.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 28, 2013, 08:45:16 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski overhears Honeybadger's comment about his tab as he hands him a Clear Skies.

Yiski
"Yeah, it'd be good for all of us if you did that... soon."

Lauren
"Wait... why?"

Patron
"Yiski, plus gatling, plus unpaid tabs..."

Lauren
*Putting up her hand* "Alright, I get the idea." *Looks to Honeybadger* "Yeah. Paying up soon would help."

Lauren heads to the back to get some snacks and sees there's a light blinking on Yiski's radio. She comes back out and taps Yiski on the shoulder.

Lauren
"I think you have a transmission."

Yiski
"Strange. Didn't think Lance would forget anything in his report."

Lauren
"Different frequency. It's not him."

Curious, Yiski heads into the back and leaves Lauren handling the main floor. Sure enough, the radio was blinking. Yiski switches frequency and realizes it's from Cathedral.

Yiski
"Hello?"

Roland
"Yiski! Thank the skies! Are you alright?"

Yiski
"Why wouldn't I be?"

Ny-Lee
"Well, we heard reports of Anvala being attacked by the Guild and we were worried. Is my brother okay?"

Yiski
"Yeah. BdrLine's fine, but his house isn't and before you ask, everyone else is fine too."

Roland
"What happened over there? Reports of the incident are foggy at best."

Yiski
"Well... we'll talk about when you two get back next week."

Ny-Lee
"Well about that..."

Roland
"... we were so worried, we decided to come back home sooner."

Yiski
"Oh no you don't. The city is a little worse for wear, but we'll pull through. You two need to enjoy your honeymoon!"

Roland
*Chuckling* "Heh. It is funny you should tell us to stay in Cathedral..."

Ny-Lee
"... because we've already departed from Cathedral."

Over the radio, Ny-Lee and Roland heard the *thud*. The newlywed either thought Yiski banged his head against the workbench or facepalmed. A few seconds later, the two heard another *thud*. They figured he did both.

Yiski
*sigh* "Well since you've already left there's no helpin' that. When do you arrive?"

Ny-Lee
"Two days."

Yiski
"Fair enough. See you soon."

The light on the radio faded signifying the transmission was over. Yiski shook his head and sighed.

Yiski
"Kids. Hey Lauren. Looks like the kids are comin' home early."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1698 on: May 28, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger looks at Lauren

Honeybadger
"Here, I'll pay now."

Honeybadger reaches into his bag and pulls out a strange object.

Honeybadger
"This isn't my bag of coin..."

Honeybadger stares deep into the object.

Honeybadger
Oh shit oh shit oh shit... I need to get out of here NOW.

Honeybadger starts sweating profusely. He quickly gets his large sack of bounty money out from his bag and takes a small handful hurriedly and plants it on the counter

Honeybadger
*Extremely worried* "Alright here you go... Ha ha, I'll be on my way now!"

Honeybadger starts to get up from his chair and speed walks near the door. Before he could get close enough to it, he heard a voice coming from outside.

Unknown Man
"HONEYBADGER! I KNOW YOUR IN THAT SHIT HOLE! COME OUT AND FACE US!"

Honeybadger
"Fuck fuck fuck!"

The patrons look worried, but more annoyed at Honeybadger. Honeybadger had hoped that Yiski had not heard that, because whether he died or not, Yiski would wring his neck. He quickly made his way to his bag and got out his two engraved Colt .45 revolvers. One modified for accuracy, the other a quick shooter for speed.

Once he had his two revolvers, he quickly retrieved his Sawn-Off Engraved Shotgun. It had been tailor made a long time ago and if Honeybadger were ever in a jam he would use it.

As he was speed walking over to the door he cocked his mean ass shotgun and took cover next to the wall.

Honeybadger
"What do you want Riggs?"

Johnny Riggs
"I want you to pay for my brothers life."

Honeybadger
Not a second short on lifting lockdown

The patrons look on in slight entertainment.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1699 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:47 pm »
Honeybadger stands by the door

Honeybadger
"If you think I'm coming out forget it."

Riggs chuckles

Johnny Riggs
"Well if you don't come out, I'll have to shoot this place down."

Honeybadger raises both brows and frowns as he looks over at Lauren and Yiski who were probably going to kill him.

Honeybadger
Well fuck you guys then... "ALRIGHT! I'm coming out."

Honeybadger slowly opens the door

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1700 on: May 28, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »
-Outside of the Saloon-

Lets paint the picture. Honeybadger just walked out surrounded by a gang of men, all armed, and all trained and hardened over years of service. These guys were the cream of the crop, They wore bandoleers with long strings of bullets and dirty hats and suits. They were smiling, as if they were laughing at the fact that they had too much ammo to waste.

Honeybadger
"What do you want now?"

Riggs smiles, he stood tall and confident. His freshly trimmed stubble was a sign that he had been waiting for this moment for a long time. That he wanted to look good for Honeybadger because he'll be the last thing he sees. He looked much cleaner then his compatriots, as if to make himself look bigger than life and more powerful, and also better dressed.

Johnny Riggs
"You could start by lowering that mean ass shotgun." He said with a shit eater grin

His goons reached for their holstered pistols. There were a good twenty of them around the saloon, and there was no cover. He slowly lowered his shotgun.

Johnny Riggs
"Now the pistols."

Honeybadger gave a half grin, he didn't want to go down in a fight. If it meant going out in a blaze of glory. So be it. He knew he could talk his way out of it rather than getting shot 120 times.

Honeybadger
"Now hold on, if your going to shoot me in front of my friends at least fight me with some honor. How about we make this interesting."

Riggs dropped his smile.

Johnny Riggs
"Forget it, I'm not falling for that."

Honeybadger chuckled and leered at Johnny

Honeybadger
"C'mon Johnny! If you can't beat a tinkerer from the baronies then who can you beat?"

All of his goons loosened their grip on their pistols and looked at Johnny who was now sweating a little. He din't want to lose the faith of his men, not after his brother had died. He had to many enemies as is.

Johnny Riggs
"Fine, We'll fight. On one rule."

Honeybadger
"Whats that?"

Johnny pulls his gun and empties 5 of his bullets leaving him one, he brought it to the chamber.

Johnny Riggs
"One shot. One kill?"

Honeybadger smiled

Honeybadger
"So you want to go out like your brother? So be it."

Honeybadger brought his gun out and did the same. By this point he had hoped Yiski had called an airstrike or something.

Honeybadger
"Alright lets get going."

The two holster their guns and get in an imaginary circle. They walk back and forth. Honeybadger knew he was faster than his brother so he brought his gun to his side, ready.

Eventually they both stopped. Hearts pounding, nothing but the sound of the breeze and the whispering of those watching in the saloon. Honeybadger focused in.

Honeybadger
I always get worried at this part.

Riggs drew. Time stopped.

Honeybadger
Whether or not I win, I'll still get gunned down by his goons. Angry, hired, goons. But might as well win so people will tell somewhat of a story about me.

Honeybadger drew after, he dropped his knee to the floor firing. It was at that point Riggs brought his hand up to the hammer, and Honeybadger figured out he had more than one bullet, and those cheating round hit Honeybadger in the shoulder.

Before the shock of the force hit him he managed to get a shot off. Hitting Riggs right in the heart.

Honeybadger raised and gripped his shoulder as Riggs drew his terminal breath and fell to the ground.

Honeybadger
This is it. I just pray that when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will know no evil.

Just then... IT happened.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 29, 2013, 12:01:12 am »
--NARRATOR--

Witnessing the whole 'duel', Yiski and other still saw Honeybadger still shifting with some life. Before Honeybadger's 'friends could draw their weapons to finish him off, shots rang out, dropping all but one man whose gun was shot out of his hands. Before the lone survivor was Yiski with Blood Bolt, Lauren with her machine-pistol, Fury, and a handful of defender riflemen. All set up inside the saloon on both floors and all guns trained on the lone survivor.

Yiski
"I have a few ideas why you Honeybadger dead. I've got a few myself. However, as long as I defend this city, I will watch over those who live here and put down hard anybody who thinks otherwise."

Lauren and a local medic rush to Honeybadger to see his injuries. Luckily, all the shots grouped into Honeybadger's shoulders. Unluckily though, he was losing blood and fast. Lauren and the medic dragged Honeybadger inside.

Yiski walked out and up to the lone thug with the defenders' rifle still trained on him. Yiski stands to the lone thug's side and starts whispering words into his ears. Whatever Yiski was saying was causing the thug to shake at his knees. When Yiski finished, he patted the thug on the back and motioned for the defenders to stand down. The thug then immediately ran into the darkness.

Once the thug was out of sight, Yiski went back inside to see Honeybadger unconscious, on the couch. The medic had given Honeybadger heavy sedatives to patch him up and slow down the bleeding. While Honeybadger's bleeding was intensive, the quick bandaging prevented any heavy blood loss. The medic offered to have a few men take him to the hospital, but Yiski declined, opting to keep him in the saloon, even though it did cause Yiski to cringe a bit. Yiski grabbed a blanket and tossed it over Honeybadger.

Due to the incident, Yiski cleared out the saloon early to clean and buffer defenses. When BdrLine returned to see a few fresh bullet holes and lots of blood outside the saloon, he asked what happened. Yiski looked at BdrLine and smiled.

Yiski
"The usual."

The two laughed.

Lauren
"Why did you let the thug go?"

Yiski
"I have a defender tracking him. If he tries to leave, I'll have him detained and interrogated. If he stays, then he has friends which I want to meet."

Knowing full well his intent, Lauren nodded and felt sorry for the thug and any of his friends.

Before turning in, Yiski told BdrLine and Lauren about Ny-Lee and Roland returning early from their honeymoon because of the recent invasion attempt. While BdrLine and Lauren were disappointed the newlyweds couldn't enjoy their trip more, they were glad. It had gotten lonely without them. They are family afterall.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 107--
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:04:12 am by Yiski »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 29, 2013, 11:15:55 am »
--START OF DAY 108--

--NARRATOR--

BdrLine, Lauren, and Yiski woke up with the morning sun. BdrLine left immediately to the docks because of the massive influx of supplies since the lockdown was lifted. Lauren had to head to the Academy and start training the next batch of pilots. This left Yiski alone in the saloon which brought a small grin to his face.

Yiski
"Been awhile since I've opened alone."

After a quick check, he was ready to open. He walked over to the door to unlock when suddenly a defender swung the door open, barely missing Yiski.

Defender
"I'm sorry for the sudden intrusion Commander."

Yiski
"No worries. What are you here for?"

Defender
"The thug from last night is being held in prison. He was arrested when he attempted to leave the city."

Yiski
"Understood. Keep him there a few days before interrogating him. Dismissed."

The defender left as quickly as he came in. Knowing the thug was trying to leave meant there were no other threats to Honeybadger within the city. He looked over to Honeybadger who was still sleeping on the couch and sighed.

Yiski
"Since he's not in danger anymore, I'll call a few medics to take him to a triage for further treatment."

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1703 on: May 29, 2013, 11:23:22 am »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger opened his eyes slowly.

Honeybadger
Nice not having night terrors for a change.

Honeybadger sniffs loudly and sits up on the couch. Awoken by pain he points to his shoulder that is wrapped up in bandages, with the other hand he puts his hat on.

Honeybadger
"Yiski, could I get something to numb the pain?"

Honeybadger points at his family picture with his firmiliar looking brother.

Honeybadger
"And hand me that picture, please?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:54 am »
Yiski makes Honeybadger a modified Clear Skies and hand it along with the family picture to Honeybagder.

Yiski
"You should get yourself checked into the hospital. Those bandages aren't gonna do you any good with the bullets still in lodged in."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1705 on: May 29, 2013, 12:21:04 pm »
Honeybadger chuckles slightly. Holding the picture in front of him while he drinks from his glass.

Honeybadger
"I could extract the bullet here... Wait bullets?!"

Honeybadger looks at his shoulder, he thought it was just one bullet that hit him. Still, he took relief in the fact that he was still alive and that he had beat Johnny Riggs.

See, Johnny Riggs is part of the Riggs family. A ruthless crime family from the Baronies, they didn't have a knack for leadership so Honeybadger never really thought they would get out of the Baronies. Until they started to come for him. Honeybadger had killed their father and then one son in a poker match, another in a duel, and then the one in the poker tournament, then the one he killed last night. He used to think that Austin Riggs was the fastest draw in the family, I guess it only gets harder from here.

Honeybadger sighed

Honeybadger
"Like I was saying I could get the bullets out but I would hate to make a mess of your saloon."

Honeybadger looks at the picture

Honeybadger
"After my brother went off into the military, my father forbayed me to follow him. So I ended up joining a gang..."

Honeybadger scratches himself and takes a sip of his seemingly strong clear skies

Honeybadger
"I was their only medic but that didn't mean that I didn't have my fair share of gun slinging. My brother on the other hand eventually became a Seargeant in the Fjord army."

Honeybadger stops what he was saying and looks at Yiski

Honeybadger
"You probably don't want to hear all this but I need to talk sometimes or people won't remember me when I don't draw fast enough..."

Honeybadger stares deeply at the picture and then eventually falls back onto the coutch with a grunt.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:46 pm »
-Zill's Warehouse-

Jun'ko woke up alone in the room, which worried her. The fact Zill hadn't come made her think he was hurt again. With that on her mind, she quickly got into her "Lilly" outfit and rushed out the door. She took ten steps before stopping dead in her tracks. Fast asleep on his squid deck was Zill. She sighed with relief and figured he had worked on it all night. The guns had been fitted and only a few tools lay on the ground.

Jun'ko got up on deck and got on top of Zill. This woke him, and once realizing it was her, he took the pistol out of her side and grinned.
Zill
"Well hey there."

Jun'ko
"Good morning my admiral. Work all night?"

Zill
"No rest for the wicked, they say."

Zill takes off her mask and pulls her in for a kiss.
Jun'ko
"Does this mean I'm free?"

Zill
"Lockdown is lifted, so I'm confident you'll be safe. I was thinking a day at the saloon would do us good."

Jun'ko
"I'll go change for the occasion."

With a wink and a flash, she was off to get changed. Zill dusted himself off and shrugged, deeming that good enough. He holstered his pistol, and made sure the book was on him. He had read more of it last night as well, and each page reminded him that it was for no man, woman, or empire to see in its entirety. Jun'ko came out with a nice sundress on, and they made their way to the saloon.

-Saloon-

The couple walked in with Zill slowly making his way to the bar with Jun'ko on his side.
Zill
"Oi Yiski, two Hellfire's if you don't mind. Looks like you got into another fight too. I always miss the fun."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1707 on: May 29, 2013, 01:14:27 pm »
Honeybadger groans from the coutch

Honeybadger
"Heh, if it's an invitation you want Zill I'd be glad to give you one." I'm a little curious as to the speed of the Rear Admiral... Hmm, in hindsight that seemed a little gay... Fuck, my arm.

Honeybadger sat up to take a sip of his drink and look at the picture. Until the pain of his shoulder puts him back on the coutch.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 29, 2013, 01:55:37 pm »
Yiski hands the Hellfires to Jun'ko and Zill.

Yiski
"So where's Lilly? Or did you realize you like Jun'ko better?"

Jun'ko, Yiski, and Zill laughed making fun of Lauren's mistakes a few days before. Lauren responded by pouting and jabbing her elbow into Yiski's side which caused a small grunt from him.

Yiski
"Anyways, it's good to see you again Jun. You didn't knock anyone down on the way here did you?"

Jun'ko only responded by sticking her tongue at him causing Yiski to chuckle. Yiski turned back to Zill.

Yiski
"So what are you gonna do with your galleon?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 29, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »
Zill rubbed scratched the exposed area of his neck while he responded.
Zill
"Engineer's want to rebuild her. After surviving that night, I can't blame them for wanting to keep her around."

Jun'ko stared off into space, obviously having a form of flashback. Zill nudged her out of it, the motion agitating his inner-shrapnel and forcing a wince.