Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1193658 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1410 on: April 26, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »
At the start of the day, both Liu and BdrLine were already up and ready for the Festival. BdrLine would be spending his time with his group going around fixing anything mechanical related, while his mother would be at the Festival enjoying herself.

"Azn, I'll be going to the Center to see the festivities"

"Alright mother, if i have time, i be there as well"

"Just be careful with yourself"

"I know"

With that, Liu heads towards the center of the city where many stalls and vendors littered the streets, as well as many different performances and activity booths. Around her, many different goods from across the land can be seen in the different stalls. She goes up to one stall where the vendor was selling Chaladonian silk cloth.

"You there, miss. You look like one who knows fashion. If you look here, i have some of the finest silk that Chaladon can offer. Nice yes."

He hands her a piece of cloth for her to fell

"Oh yes this does feels nice, do you have more in different colors?"

"Yes, yes. we have much more. You interested in buying some cloth?"

"I had an idea of some clothing that I wanted to make, but i didn't know which materials to use. I think this may be the one."

With that, Liu pays for some fabric in which the vendor places in a bag. After the exchange, Liu moves on to see more of the Festival.

Before heading out for lunch, Ny-Lee notices that the amount of people increased.

"Is it always this crowded during this day?"

"Its the one of the few times where we let in people, but i think today's i feel there is much more then usual."

"There a way for us to find a more open area."

"Hmm. I don't think so, everything is pretty crowded."

While the two keeps looking around for an open restaurant to eat, Ny-Lee spots a game booth and eyes one of the prizes hanging.

"Roland, Roland, look. Come on you think you can win this for me?"

Ny-Lee tugs on Roland to the general direction where she was looking at. Roland turns to see, not before Ny-Lee drags him to the booth and where he is now staring at a giant teddy bear. He looks at the game inside the booth where there are three bottles sorted in a pyramid in which you have to throw a ball to knock it down."

"I think so"

He goes up to the man who is running it.

'"How much is one game?"

"Two silver's for three throws."

"Thats not so bad. Here I'll play one."

He hands the man two silver coins where he receives three balls to throw. Roland takes one and throw his first one, missing it to the right.

"That"s one."

Shrugging off his first throw, Roland picks up the second one and throws it where it hits the top bottle off.

"There's two, last throw to knock all three"

Ny-Lee looks on to Roland with puppy dog eyes eager for him to win. Even more determined to get it, he picks up the last ball and throws it hitting the two bottom bottles in the middle knocking one down. The second tilts and spins around leaning back and forth of beeing knocked over to standing back up again. Roland feels the anxiety as he watches the last bottle move, until it finally falls over.

"YES"

"Looks like we have a winner. What prize do you want?"

Ny-Lee cheers gleefully as Roland points to the giant bear. The man brings it down and hands it to Ny-Lee which she hugs it in a tight grip.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Anything for my lady"

Ny-Lee blushes as the two continue on.

Back at the docks, its a whole different matter for BdrLine and his crew. Instead of fun and play, all four are going around taking jobs to fix any vessels in dock. Right now, he and Tommy are on a visiting ship where it has problems in the steering.

BdLine is in the lower deck checking on the hydraulic system. He calls up to Tommy who is on topside checking for any slight changes.

"How did this guy even made it to port? I mean look at this, he could have been flying backwards with this."

"It could happen, I mean look at the things you do" *Laughs*

BdrLine rolls his eyes as he takes his tools and goes around to fixing.

*clank*  *whack* *screech* *squish*

"... Any changes?"

"Hold on..."

Tommy goes to the helm and turns the wheel to port, he looks back and sees the appropriated corresponding movement taking place. He goes back and calls to BdrLine.

"We are good, you can come back up now"

"Finally" BdrLine climbs out. "How yo think Allen and John doing?"

"Well, we haven't received any complaints. I think they are doing fine."

"Ok, Lets find this guy and receive our pay"

They two then goes out to find the airship owner. Once found, BdrLine explains that he fixed the problem to him. Sastified, the man gives both a sack of coins as payment.

Smiling, BdrLine look to Tommy.

"Sometimes I love working on this day."

"With all the money we are getting, I agree"

The two then set off to look for more repair jobs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:40:24 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 26, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »
--Saloon--

Despite being slammed, Lauren started to think about her now-suddenly-revived relationship with Yiski. Even though she teased him the other night, she wondered.

"What is it I want? Do I still love Yiski? Well..."

She takes a glance over at Yiski who was breaking up an argument between patrons. It would have gotten out of hand had Yiski not threatened to shoot the two of them. Lauren chuckles. Even though she hasn't seen Yiski fight in eight years, she still recognizes his adamant nature.

Yiski then notices Lauren standing around and yells at her.

"Come on. Don't tell me the Blitz is gettin' slow?"

Lauren sticks her tongue at Yiski causing Yiski to roll his eyes. In a mere instant, Lauren manages to serve drinks and make her way back to the saloon.

"Quick enough?"

"Just enough."

Lauren stocks up on another round of drinks and chuckles again.

"I guess that's a yes."

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 26, 2013, 05:57:33 pm »
"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF ME"

*Shink struggles to get out of bed, while the medics try to subdue him*

"Sir you collapsed outside the Burning Skies Saloon. You are not fit to walk around"

*Shink glares at the medic imagining snapping the boy in two*

"Son... I'll tell you whether or not I can walk around. There's a reason why I went to the saloon, instead of showing up on your doorstep"

*Shink forces his way out of bed. leaving a trail of medics in his wake. He was just about to make it out the door, when a nurse injects him. Instant blackout*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:38 pm »
-Saloon-

Jun'ko is playing the piano for the rowdy patrons who think they own the place. A glass breaks every few minutes and some get too close for comfort, but she shrugs them away with the music. She tries a few up-beat tunes and the patrons seem to get in tune with it. Satisfied after her last tune, she goes behind the bar and grabs a Frostfire ale.
"Vultures out there Yiski. I hope they tip better than they smell."

She goes toward the piano but a tourist stops her, sneering.
"Why don't you come over here little piano girl."

He instantly finds a knife tapping his inner thigh, as Jun'ko gives a sly grin.
"Why don't you let me continue playing while you continue being a man."

His buddies laugh as he lets go and lets her sit back down. She starts playing again and another person starts to touch her. She sighs and whips around, a knife pressed on the man's neck. This time though, he was also masked.
"Good to see I don't have to guard you all the time."

Zill smirked and went over to the bar. Jun was flushed with embarrassment, but started a new tune.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1414 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:02 pm »
-- Dylans Airship, Nearby Anvala --

Honeybadger: "Alright, so this is supposed to do what you say it does right?"

Dylan: "We Lugged it on the ship and moonshined our way to Anvala in time for the night festival so it better work."

Honeybagder: From what I heard, this machine could mean big things.

*Dylan sets up a machine with several buttons while Honeybadger set up the speakers on the sides of the ship connected to the machine. The machine has many knobs switches and buttons on it*

Honeybadger: "We're almost at Anvala, get ready to hit it."

Dylan: "So what are we going to call this type of music."

Honeybadger: "How about... Wave?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 26, 2013, 11:29:27 pm »
After getting lunch and walking about the Festival more, Ny-Lee and Roland decides to return back to the Saloon with all their goodies. Once back, they noticed that it was packed to capacity. They two of them try to navigate to the stairs so that they can place all of their things in there room. Once at the stairs, Roland notices Yiski and calls to him.

"Hey Yiski, we're back. We are just going in our room to put our things away and head back down to help"

The two then heads up.

Back at the Festival, Liu is enjoying herself as she spends her time buying new things to bring back home.

At the docks, work has slowed down for the four as most of the ships are repaired. Thinking that they had enough, BdrLine decides they are down and that they enjoy themselves at the festival. All four heads to the center.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1416 on: April 26, 2013, 11:33:06 pm »
-- Anvala Docks --

*Honeybadger has a microphone in hand, connected to the speakers, he begins to talk into it*

Honeybadger: "People of Anvala and tourists from around the globe. I have with me, a new sound. Never heard before, that comes straight from the inner tinkering of this man over here, straight from the Baronies! After years perfecting this device, he has made a singing machine! The sounds your are about to hear are those you have never heard before, and all of it is coming from that machine! Hooked up to large speakers of course, also hand made by this man. So stand up, and enjoy the music that shall be known as Wave!"

*Honeybadger lets go of the mic and walks over to the machine, there is now a large crowd of people lining up along the street, some people are even coming out of the saloon to listen. Honeybadger walks over to the machine*

Honeybadger: "Ready?"

Dylan: "For a while now."

Honeybadger: "Lets hit it."

*The machine starts up with a loud thump. Silence in the crowd, the machine starts to snare, then adds in a sound that sounds like bwaaaa, and so on. Then drum noises are made, eventually leading up to an electronic sound. The song kicks in and everyone in the audience is either cheering or in awe, which brings in more people making the crowd*

Honeybadger: "I think they like it so far."

Dylan: "We haven't even got to the good part"

*Honeybadger and Dylan continue to hit buttons*

(OOC: Check the pit discussion for what it sounds like)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 27, 2013, 12:51:25 am »
--NARRATOR--

As the Festival winded down, the saloon become busier because everyone wanted a drink to celebrate another successful Festival.

Each party went the separate ways. Roland and Ny-Lee dropped off their spoils upstairs before coming back down to help Yiski and Lauren. The saloon closed later than usual because of the seer number of patrons. Even though Yiski did not need the money, it was good to see people in high spirits.

When the saloon finally did close, Zill and Jun'ko head back to his galleon. The 'Festival' wasn't quite over for them yet. Roland and Ny-Lee simply passed out from all their activities.

Though Lauren wanted to discuss her future with Yiski, exhaustion compelled her to get some rest and deal with the issue in the morning.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 79--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34:18 am »
--START OF DAY 80--

--NARRATOR--

There was one advantage of the day after the Spring Festival: Businesses and merchants took the day off to recover and relax. Even though many places stock up in order to prevent shortages, each Festival always seem to manage to exhaust local businesses. The saloon was no exception. Yiski found himself having to close the saloon in order to distill more of everything drink he had. Even the sparsely served No.2 and No.3 were out.

When Lauren, Roland, and Ny-Lee got downstairs, they could see a heavy amount of steam and smell the alcohol coming from the back. Yiski then came out from the back.

"Mornin' all."

"Good morning. I take it the saloon is closed for today."

"Yup. Gotta make more. We ran dry last night."

"Well, then Ny-Lee and I will stay here. We have a lot of things from yesterday we have to go through."

Roland and Ny-Lee went back up, leaving Lauren and Yiski. Yiski again started for the back. When Lauren...

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Head to the Academy. You've got a sentence to carry out."

"I know, but we need to talk."

Yiski sighed and turned to Lauren.

"We'll talk when you get back. It's not like I'm goin' anywhere today."

Lauren slighly hung her head, nodded, and left. Lauren might have figured out her feeling, but Yiski hadn't even started yet.

--NARRATOR END--

No token post on account MNS is not playing today, but do not expect many updates because of Cogs.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:01 pm »
--Chaladon 1 day before the duel--

*The docks. Lockheart and Cecelia are waiting on a bench, lockhearts arm is around his wife as they wait for the arrival of Fadeshade*

*Looks at pocket watch*

Lockheart: "hmmm, he is taking his time. I hope he hasnt run in to trouble on the way..."

Cecelia: "if he is as good as you say he is, im sure he is fine"

*Lockheart stands up and takes out his spyglass and scans the horizon*

"ah-ha i see him. care to go and meet him out there darling?"

*offers his hand to Cecelia*

Cecelia: "it has been a while since ive flown, nor have i seen you fly so why not"

*they board the "aesterium" and head out to meet fadeshades slowly approaching galleon*

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1420 on: April 27, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »
-- Dylan's Squid Stage, Docks near Saloon --

*Honeybadger woke up draped over the side of the squid*

Honeybadger: "Dylan, what happened last night?"

*Dylan crawls up from the floor*

Dylan: "We made music, amazing music."

Honeybadger: "What happened to the crowd?"

*Dylan points to the still standing crowd*

Crowd: "ENCORE! ENCORE!"

Honeybadger: "Fuck, people really like it. You know any other songs?"

*Dyland brings out several drums in a cabinet*

Dylan: "Can you play drums?"

Honeybadger: "I can try."

*Honeybadger sits next to the drums and hovers his hands over them*

*Dylan starts up the machine with a thump, the crowd that is lined up from the street end is cheering. Honeybadger starts to make a small beat with his drum, Dylan starts slow making low noises, eventually fading into louder and faster beats. Honeybadger keeps a beat*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 27, 2013, 05:02:03 pm »
--Academy--

Lauren was bored. It wasn't the kind of bored when one has nothing to do, but a bored because the activity itself was mundane. Lauren was teaching a group of 'potential' pilots, emphasis on potential. Many of these prospects had little or no actual knowledge in how to pilot. It pained Lauren to have to explain what a 'helm' was and what it does. Lauren felt she was going to kill one of them when he asked if hydrogen should be used in the engines.

However, despite the many rejects, there were two who had some indication they wouldn't just crash into the ground as soon as they touch a helm. A few hours passed as Lauren reviewed basic pilot training. With that finished, Lauren was done for the day. She started heading for the saloon.

--Saloon--

Yiski was watching his stills like a hawk. He constantly scrambled around making sure all his stills were working properly and that the drinks were coming out as they should.

He heard a knock on the door and assumed it was Lauren.

"It's unlocked."

"I'm back!"

It was Lauren. She closed the door behind her and proceeded into the back where she was met with a heavy aura of alcohol.

"You sure none of this will catch fire?"

"Nope. It always does."

Lauren walked up close to Yiski, but not too close to any of the stills. Just looking at them made her nervous. She knew from the past, Yiski's inventions both weapons and otherwise seemed to blow up or catch fire. Looking back on things, she could have sworn a dresser Yiski built for her caught fire. He reminiscing was interrupted when Yiski turned to her.

"You wanted to talk? Start."

"You said you wanted to know my answer from eight years ago."

"Yeah, and you said why did it matter."

"It doesn't you know."

"It does to me."

"Why?"

Yiski turned to Lauren and stared into her.

"I don't think you know what it's like to have someone you love not return it. Then having that person 'die' and never knowing the answer. To top things off, the person was alive came back to him and expects things to be like they were. That sound familiar?"

Lauren cringed at Yiski small rant. He was angry and he had every right to be. Should could have gone to him eight years ago and the two of them maybe could have figured something out. Instead, she decided to act like a martyr and this was the reality of if.

"You must hate me for doing that to you."

"I do."

"You think you can forgive me?"

"Right now? No. In the future? Dunno."

"I guess it's a start."

Lauren turned and started walking out to the main floor and Yiski turned around to check his stills. Before leaving, Lauren stopped and turned to Yiski.

"Do you still love me?"

Yiski sat silently with his back facing her and simply sighed.

"I see."

Lauren left and unknown to Yiski, there was a tear forming in her eye. When she entered the main floor, she saw Ny-Lee standing. Ny-Lee saw the distraught look on her face.

"Lauren, I think you and I need to talk."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 27, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »
--Airspace outside of Chaladon--

*the "aesterium" meets up with the galleon the "Maelstrom" halfway between. Lockheart's and Fadeshades crew toss ropes to eachother and bind the ships together, Lockheart and cecelia board the "Maelstrom", aboard at the helm, Fadeshade is resting over the railing.*

Fadeshade: "ahoy Lockheart, its been a while" *he smiles a scar on the side of his face makes it look like more of a grimmace*

Lockheart: "indeed it has been my good friend, how are you?"

Fadeshade: "im good my man, and how is our lady here?"

Cecelia: "Cecelia Lockheart, pleasure to meet you."

*Fadeshade doffs his battered tricorn hat*

Lockheart: " if you want your pay now incase we dont make it back, come down and get it"

*Fadeshade Leaps over the railing and lands on the deck with a thud*

*Cecelia Mutters "show-off", Lockheart whispers into her ear "just eccentric"*

Fadeshade: "well, well... a bit skinny on the coin Locky boy"

Lockheart: "what, they were the terms back in the day"

Fadeshade: "times are worse my man, need more or we ain't fightin'"

Lockheart: "tell you what, lets handle it like men, a duel, first man to be disarmed loses"

*lockheart smiled knowing he had a good sword, and a good whiles practice*

Lockheart: "i win you fight with what your given, i lose, i pay you double"

*Fadehades jaw dropped, "that much if i win?", he shifted his weight considering the offer, he then proffered his hand*

Fadeshade: "Deal."

*the crew clear, Lockheart draws first followed by Fadeshades menacing rapier, Fadeshade lunges forward, lockheart parries his sword left leaving fadeshades right open for a swing, he thrashes but fadeshade gets his sword back and knocks Lockhearts Sword out of the way, Lockheart Lunges but fadeshade crosses his sword and with a wide circle motion he almost dis-arms Lockheart, lockheart grips tightly and swing overhead at fadeshade, Fadeshade raises his sword to parry but lockheart put all of his momentum into this strike and it was over..., Fadeshades sword clattered to the floor severly cracked*

Cecelia: "yey"

*she runs up and kisses lockheart*

Fadeshade: "well ill be darned, good swordsmanship my man"

*he bows*

*Lockheart sheathes his sword*

"lets head back to Chaladon and discuss what our next move is over a drink "

*the ships fly back to chaladon*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 27, 2013, 08:10:24 pm »
--Docks--

It's already mid-afternoon and stirring in bed is BdrLine. During the Festival yesterday, he went out and roamed the many stalls. It's not long until a surprise concert started in the Western District that things started to kick up. He was among  the many people in the crowd that gathered around the ship where the music was playing. And with loud music and a big group of people, alcohol soon found a way in. Throughout the night, he and many others drink to the sound. Eventually in a drunken state, BdrLine found his way back home. Which leads us back to now.

BdrLine wakes and sits straight up. This is a bad idea as the huge hangover he received from the drinking yesterday catches up to him.

"Argh"

He puts both hands to his forehead and lies back down. While rubbing his temples, he tries to remember last night. He chuckles as it all come back to him.

That was some Festival we had this year. Hope the Council will let those guys from yesterday come back next year. ...Ok, what time is it?

He looks around his room for a clock and goes to the window to see where the sun position is.

It's already afternoon of the next day!? Man I must have partied too hard. Argh Flak this hangover

With a hand over his head, BdrLine exits his room and heads downstairs to the kitchen.  Already in the kitchen, sitting in a chair and sipping on tea, is Liu as she watches her son, that is oblivious to her presence, go to the coffee machine and makes a cup.

As BdrLine makes himself a mug and starts to take a sip, a thought occured to him.

Wait... I didn't put beans in this thing today

Looking at her son's confused face and mentally chuckling to herself, Liu speaks.

"If you are wondering why the coffee is ready, it is because of me."

Startled by his mother's presence, BdrLine almost spilled his mug on himself. This causes Liu to release her laugh.

"Mother! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Still laughing, Liu wipes a tear from her eye.

"Oh hush now, you are too young to get such a thing. Besides the way you came back home last night, I figured that when you wake up, you will have a splitting headache and hangover that you will need something to ease it, and I was right"

Trying to find a way to protect his 'manliness', BdrLine stutters to fina an excuse.

"Well... I.... well... umm?... I'm going back to bed."

His reaction causes Liu to laugh more at her son, who goes red as he heads back to his room to sleep the rest of the day off.

It's so wrong to mess with my son, but that was too funny

Liu calms herself, and with a few chuckles here and her, continues to drink her tea.

--Saloon--

Ny-Lee gently takes Lauren by the hand and directs her to a table and sits her in a chair. Pulling out another, Ny-Lee places it besides her and she herself sits. In a calm voice.

"You love him still don't you? Come just talk to me. I'll promise it will be just between us."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:14:19 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 27, 2013, 08:41:22 pm »
--Saloon--

Lauren sits down across from Ny-Lee. A few seconds pass by before Lauren speaks.

"You're right. I do still love him. It's just... how do I make up for what I've done to him? I know everything I've done can't be fixed within a few days, but..."

"But?"

"... It just seems like.. like nothing is improving."

"Well, I don't know everything that's happened, but the I think the main problem is that Yiski believed you to be dead for the past eight years. Now you suddenly show up in the worst reunion. I can't truly see how Yiski feels, but a good guess would say he's sore."

"I know."

"I guess I should backtrack a bit. Why did you come back?"

"Because it was my one chance to see if I could."

"How so?"

"The people I was with were half raiders, half mercenaries. They'd go into cities as mercenaries and do a few jobs to garner some trust, then eventually they would rob a merchant or bank. I was usually the getaway pilot because of my quick maneuvering."

"How did you pick Anvala?"

"I managed to convince a few guys to target Anvala. We knew there was a large bank. Originally, the Boss didn't want to, but I assured them everything would be fine."

"We heard a few robbers escaped. How did you stay behind?"

"Before hitting the tar, I placed goggles and a gas mask. When the port was covered in smoke, I bailed the ship and exited from a service entrance."

"How did you know where the saloon was?"

"I was scoping the area before the robbery occurred. I wanted to just initially reveal myself to Yiski, but I was afraid the others would go after him. Looking back, that may have been the better decision."

"I see. How do you plan on Yiski forgiving you?"

"Honestly. I don't know."