Author Topic: Flak vs Artemis  (Read 19462 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Flak vs Artemis
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 01:09:00 pm »
Pfft, a. Good Artemis gunner keeping the gat disabled on a mortar means the gat art beats meta.

Been there, seen that. But this requires decent gunengineer for artemis, not scrub...

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 01:22:21 pm »
The problem is that it kills too slow on its own, making up for its excellent disable. For Pyramidion you can try a side banshee and using a trifecta. Bring kerosene to go faster, claw to turn, and hydro to go up to keep the artemis in arc. For hydro only use it for an instant (on off) because it lasts 5 seconds. Burn engines a lot.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
The problem is that it kills too slow on its own, making up for its excellent disable. For Pyramidion you can try a side banshee and using a trifecta. Bring kerosene to go faster, claw to turn, and hydro to go up to keep the artemis in arc. For hydro only use it for an instant (on off) because it lasts 5 seconds. Burn engines a lot.

This ^

I use Hades art art for trifecter heavy disable power and gat art banshee for the kill (Extirminator was the first to suggest it to me :) )

Pfft, a. Good Artemis gunner keeping the gat disabled on a mortar means the gat art beats meta.

Been there, seen that. But this requires decent gunengineer for artemis, not scrub...

Actually.. In my experience I find it easier to teach people to.shoot the guns than I do to teach them to wait for armour break / red cross hairs, normally it only takes a two matches before they're able to shoot it relatively well :)

Infact yesterday was flying with a lovely lady level 5, who shot very well!
:)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »

This ^

I use Hades art art for trifecter heavy disable power and gat art banshee for the kill (Extirminator was the first to suggest it to me :) )

This funny feeling when you've come to such solution yourself.
Still requires decent engineers.

Actually.. In my experience I find it easier to teach people to.shoot the guns than I do to teach them to wait for armour break / red cross hairs, normally it only takes a two matches before they're able to shoot it relatively well :)

You misunderstood me. It requires decent, cold blooded engineer who knows the drill to execute it in a way, that the enemy gats STAYS down.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »

This ^

This funny feeling when you've come to such solution yourself.
Still requires decent engineers.

You misunderstood me. It requires decent, cold blooded engineer who knows the drill to execute it in a way, that the enemy gats STAYS down.

My favorite gun is a Hades. Put me on a Hades and I will see it pull its weight in destruction.  8)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
One of the silliest builds I have ever run is a quod Artemis Pyramidion. We parked in open sky on dunes everyone got on guns. I (as pilot) had to run to the helm from time to time to make course adjustments. The constant stream of rocket trails was beautiful, as was the complete lack of incoming fire.