Author Topic: In game clan leaderboards  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
In game clan leaderboards
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:46:22 pm »
Not the most important feature but I'm wondering if anything could be done with them

Currently:
Newest clan - what it says on the tin, with how easy it is to make a clan this one ticks over really fast
Fastest Growing - much the same but excluding some of the 1 man clans
Most Active - I know from personal experience that this one is useless as an indicator of clans with lots of current active members - My old clan of 7 was leading this one for several weeks a while ago just because as the only active player in it i was playing extremely often for a while
Most commendations - Seems to often be clans with only 3 or so recent commendations (likely from their own members), how many people even notice the clan commendation option anyway?

Is there a boarding/vote kick style reason not to have a "Most Victorious" ranking - I'm thinking % of victories weighted by clan involvement, with 100% clan teams weighted 1 and 1 member in a 4v4 weighted 0.05 or so (some kind of scale to reflect the relevance of the clan to the victory)
    -I know it wont reflect competitive skill well at all, i don't think it needs to
    -Probably needs a minimum of recent games before a clan appears at all

Other possibilities
-Best underdogs
-Some kind of tracking of impromptu clan rivalries - who plays against each other lots
-Another way to track clan sportsmanship

Any other suggestions?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: In game clan leaderboards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:45 pm »

Is there a boarding/vote kick style reason not to have a "Most Victorious" ranking - I'm thinking % of victories weighted by clan involvement, with 100% clan teams weighted 1 and 1 member in a 4v4 weighted 0.05 or so (some kind of scale to reflect the relevance of the clan to the victory)
    -I know it wont reflect competitive skill well at all, i don't think it needs to
    -Probably needs a minimum of recent games before a clan appears at all

This would encourage people to gather in clans and stomp noobs so they have best win percentage, so they can brag and gather more people into the clan. Also this could divide the community into cool clan competitors who almost exclusively play together* and the rest peasants.

*I mean, for fuck sake, game itself make us play mostly with people we know, we don't have to encourage that kind of behaviour further

Although I'd love to see some more interesting clan stuff and clan interaction like alliances, rivalries etc.

Offline Daft Loon

• [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:39 pm »
That is a potential problem although im not sure how much a dynamic like that could develop from the current community.
Not counting wins against underdogs could take some of the edge off the stomping.

Another idea - Rankings for particular game stats
-Deadliest killers - most in game kills
-Best tankers - fewest deaths
or even more specific ones like "Engine destroyers" could start to show some clan 'personality'

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »
Most used weapon perhaps. In which case Cake can assert it's dominance of fire weapons.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 09:31:39 pm »
clans are the anti-thesis of underdog.

under dog is mainly doable with empty crew slots.

otherwise vets with high MMR are denied underdog

What would be good is player commendations goes towards clan commendations. Every 10 or 50 commendations. the clan gets a thumb.
That or underdog wins give you a clan thumb up.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:34:16 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 10:42:44 pm »
The SCS has plans for taking over the leaderboards. Stay tuned for updates

Offline Daft Loon

• [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:49 am »
The SCS has plans for taking over the leaderboards. Stay tuned for updates

The other currently blank tournament leaderboard or the ones mentioned above or both?

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:56 am »
The blank one