Author Topic: Lobby voice chat indicators  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Jimbo-Jambo

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lobby voice chat indicators
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:21 am »
My suggestion to Muse was colored icons: White for X, Orange for C, and Purple for Z

Unless there are objections to using colors, or the specific colors of white orange purple, I will push for these changes. Email suggestions to feedback@musegames.com

I wonder if there might be a better solution. Colors are better than nothing, but some players may have trouble telling the colors apart (colorblind players are pretty rare, but they do exist. Not a reason to scrap a mechanic entirely, but I think it should be considered at least). That's not a huge issue, but a bigger problem I think is that the color system is kind of arbitrary and might be confusing to new players. Of course, that's hardly the most complicated thing newbies have to learn, but again, something to be considered.

I might suggest using different icons for different voice chat channels. Something like the standard icon but with a P inside or next to it for Party chat, and a flag or something for Team chat. Kinda hard to represent the concept of a team with an icon... Perhaps use an icon of a person whispering instead, to show that it's not being broadcast globally. I dunno, just a thought.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 01:24:43 am »
Good points
I forgot about the color blind. The other color option is white black purple.  I think the tutorial text tells about X and C. Muse wants it simple.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:26:15 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 07:56:10 am »
How about this proposition?

in game, you see the white text showing names of those who talk and a speaker next to those who talk in lobby.

how about a symbol.

A party hat,

A letter C (Crew)

and a T (captain *team*)

and so on.