Author Topic: Overheating weapons, eh?  (Read 21641 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Overheating weapons, eh?
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:09:50 pm »
As a gunner I'd love 'some' way of getting on overheated gun, at least to load heatsink in, if it's managable (say, those 10 stacks). Suggestions:

A) Make a tool* for gunner which would allow (partially) to ignore the effect of overheating. For example some gloves that allow you to mount guns with up to 10-15 (or whatever) stacks of fire on them.

*inb4 "gunners don't have tools, they have ammo!", hear me out at least

B) Make an automatic ability of gunner to endure overheating weapons using stamina. It would work automatically when gunner is on/mounts the overheated gun. Perhaps some UI thingie showing us that gun is overheated would be nice too.

C) Make heatsink protect the gun from the moment of reload start, not from the moment of being fully reloaded. (You can either let people abuse it or just lock the ammo change - if you load heatsink you can't change ammo up untill it reloads properly)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Overheating weapons, eh?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:06:24 pm »
No.

We're in Airships that would need balloons ten times their actual size to actually be able to fly. We can use random bursts of magical power to jump four meters high. We literally repair crap by hitting it really hard with a metal object. By this games logic, the wind would cool the guns down instantly.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 03:26:18 pm »
......Yes please. Wind extinguisher confirmed.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »
The game was like this after the first flamethrower nerf...it was incredibly stupid and OP because players just sat there laughing with 20 stack fires, killing you. Course before that, any flame would instantly knock out a gun. So Muse swung from two extremes before they eventually brought back the gun disable feature.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 04:25:14 pm »
I have been pestering the devs to use stamina to be able to get on a hot gun, and for heatsink to remove fire stacks over time. This would allow for gunners to do something about an overheated gun instead of standing around looking helpless.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 04:45:52 pm »
I think that stamina should allow gunners to use overheated guns. The issue is that stamina drains so quickly that it would only allow for very brief use. An option is passive stamina draining at 30-50% of normal speed while on an overheated gun.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:55:51 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Ashunera

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:46:23 pm »
No.

We're in Airships that would need balloons ten times their actual size to actually be able to fly. We can use random bursts of magical power to jump four meters high. We literally repair crap by hitting it really hard with a metal object. By this games logic, the wind would cool the guns down instantly.

This may be the best way to describe the game I've seen yet.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 05:49:52 pm »
Balloons also magically deflate downwards instead of upwards cause its convenient.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 06:04:36 pm »
What if gunners are allowed to stay on overheated guns, problem is theyl get kicked out if they dont have stamina.

So if the gunner does have stamina on an overheated gun, it drains passivelly?
That way he can still stay on gun while its overheated. The drainage is half as much as one would drain the stamina manually.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 06:36:31 pm »
dumb idea is dumb.

oh noes my lack of preparation has shown a short coming in my gameplay. fix it muse. make me perfect by no merit of my own

I do suggest fires exponentially doing more dmg to the component to the part so it destroys faster.

also... disaster. there is a tool to prevent overheat. its called an extinguisher. If you're so scared of fires. Bring that over a wrench.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:38:42 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »
Quote from: Ceresbane.
there is a tool to prevent overheat. its called an extinguisher. If you're so scared of fires. Bring that over a wrench.

solutioned.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:49:38 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »
Okay, fires breaking guns quicker I agree. If I can't put it out, let it die so I can rebuild it.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 07:20:26 am »
Meh. Having yer gun on fire has it's benefits.

You are getting the third, retarded engineer for some time, until the gun dies (rather quickly).

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 11:37:33 am »
Quote from: Ceresbane.
there is a tool to prevent overheat. its called an extinguisher. If you're so scared of fires. Bring that over a wrench.

solutioned.

Mm. Right. I'll just play Buff-Chem-Extinguisher Engi, then.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 07:15:55 pm »
Since the reloading change ive found it not uncommon to set heatsink loading, get kicked from the gun then hop back on when heatsink takes it down to 7 or so stacks, so they allready indirectly boosted the gunners fire fighting capabilities.