Author Topic: Airships: Conquer the Skies  (Read 5133 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Airships: Conquer the Skies
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:31:19 am »
If you've been itching for true customization (Constructing your own ship, choosing which weapons and where, what engines and all that guff) and/or just another Airship V Airship focused game, I'd strongly suggest Airships: Conquer the Skies. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/342560/) It's a customization-based Airship fighting game made by a single indie dev. You build your airship fleet completely from scratch, however you like. Or you can build off some pre-built ships. With your fleet, you will conquer various cities, bring them under your control, and then gain a constant income from them and even a unique item or passive bonus. You will also have to protect your cities, either by building/stationing airships at them or constructing buildings on the grounds to fight off attacking airships. You obtain victory by conquering all cities.
Again, it's a very nice game, and only has a price tag of ten dollars. Plus, the dev is very connected with his community and continues to provide updates to the game.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Airships: Conquer the Skies
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:05:27 pm »
Thing is, that goes against what makes GoI fun. It's the idea that you can jump into a match and have a good time with people from all over the world, in a setting that a lof of people resonates with - airship to airship battle. We already, in my opinion, have enough diversity between the ships, weapons, and ammos. Building your ship from scratch would be nigh impossible to balance in a multiplayer enviroment, at least without ending up into a constricted, balanced setting of what your ship could do vs other ships, making building more of a vanity thing than anything else.
At current, the strength of the game is not to build ships, but to allow for a very social setting in a tight-knit teamwork style with airships. That's all it needs to be in my eyes.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:14:55 am »
Thing is, that goes against what makes GoI fun. It's the idea that you can jump into a match and have a good time with people from all over the world, in a setting that a lof of people resonates with - airship to airship battle. We already, in my opinion, have enough diversity between the ships, weapons, and ammos. Building your ship from scratch would be nigh impossible to balance in a multiplayer enviroment, at least without ending up into a constricted, balanced setting of what your ship could do vs other ships, making building more of a vanity thing than anything else.
At current, the strength of the game is not to build ships, but to allow for a very social setting in a tight-knit teamwork style with airships. That's all it needs to be in my eyes.

I... Know... I'm just suggesting a different game, don't get all uppity.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 09:23:08 am »
Upps. My bad. Was tired.