Author Topic: Bigger Pyramidion  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Bigger Pyramidion
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:59:56 pm »
Restore some/all/even more of the pyramidions toughness and maneuverability but make it physically larger and therefore easier to hit and slower to engineer on. This assumes the size increase can be done in a reasonably efficient manner (for all i know it could be trivial or 1/2 a new ships worth of work)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger Pyramidion
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »
Or just make a new ship then turn the Pyra into 2 ships. One being larger and charge hungry and the other more nimble but weaker: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5858.0.html

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:26:36 pm »
Or you know, make new ship that is somewhat similiar to pyramidion

like this:

(shameless own work presentation...)

(...runs away)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:18 pm »
The reasons for this suggestion (that probably should have been in first post).

In my opinion (that ive seen shared around the forums and in game a fair bit) the current pyra is stats wise far too weak, it falls apart in a slight breeze and is painful to maneuver, the reduction to essentialy only 1 choice of pilot tool is also rather dull.

Based on the way it formerly dominated ship choice (which i found really boring and was in a way cheering on its death) it seems that no amount of stat tinkering is going to balance its shape and layout well without being really odd.

Ideally id like to be able to fly it without hating its lack of steering capability (i enjoy flying mobula but hate the current pyramidion for its clumsyness ?!?!) or rejecting it out of an urge not to contribute to overuse caused by imbalance.

I'd also like to see it fit its vanguard/ramming ship role (this being the main limit on fixing it with stats).

Therfore this suggestion - hopefully (see first post disclaimer) much less effort for the devs than the full replacement/remodelling suggested by others but more effective than stat changes.