Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #53 (Signups for Sunday May 31st)  (Read 14668 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile

Sunday Community Skirmish on Facebook
SCS VoDs
The Sunday Community Skirmish is a double elimination tournament event that runs every week with occasional breaks. All matches are 2v2, time limited best of 1s and are normally streamed live on Twitch. Any team of 8 players is welcome to participate.

This signup thread is for the Skirmish at 7pm UTC on Sunday May 31st. (3pm EDT) The event is normally streamed by Fourth Oracle, as well as other streamers who vary from week to week. The details of all streams will be made clear on the day of or day before the event. The event has an expected runtime of 2-4 hours.

Signups should be posted in this thread and include a Steam/Skype contact and team name. Signups close at midday (UTC), or 8 AM EDT, on Saturday the 30th of May. Please try to avoid last minute signups.
The bracket and map rolls will be available soon after signups close. (brackets at http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/)
Participants will be contacted when their matches are starting, although it's encouraged to consult the bracket and keep track of the streams so you have a decent idea of when you will be playing.

The complete rules can be found in this document. There is now also a brief summary of the ethos behind the rules and structure of the event.

Please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to produce a full team of 8 players.

The event will continue to follow DOUBLE ELIMINATION format with best of one matches!
Time limit per match remains at 20 minutes, without extra time. Have a look at
this if you don't know how double elimination works.

New Teams Guide:
  • A team needs at least 8 players, all of whom should be available at the event's start time and for the duration of the event. You do not need to include an official roster in your signup. Teams are not required to have any clan affiliation and players are not required to always play for the same team (however playing for multiple teams on one day is not allowed).
  • Signups close at midday (UTC) (8 AM EDT) on the Saturday preceding the event. Your signup needs a team name and at least one contact, preferably with an emergency steam/skype contact. At least one of your contacts needs to be in-game when your matches start, otherwise we may be unable to find you and have to skip your matches.
  • The event bracket, map rolls and a full schedule will be available in this thread on the Saturday preceding the event.
  • When we are preparing to start your match, an organiser will contact you in game with the password and invite you to join them in the lobby. We normally start preparing lobbies 10-20 minutes before the event start.
  • Matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event until you are eliminated (or win).
  • The stream links will also be made available in this thread. It's often helpful to watch the streams to have an idea of when your match will be starting.

Offline JeoMmr

• Salutes: 5
    • [Ridr]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #53 (Signups for Sunday May 31st)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:24 pm »
Wave Riders Signing Up!

Contact JeoMmr in game

Offline Infinis

• Salutes: 1
    • [INFN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:39:34 am »
Team Infinite Signing Up!

Contact me at my ign Infinis, via in game chat.
We also have a TeamSpeak I am frequently on throughout the day. TeamSpeak: ts3.accretion.us - Password: accretion

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:38:12 am »
Wave Riders Signing Up!

Contact JeoMmr in game
obvious troll signup

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:59:50 am »
Wave Riders Signing Up!

Contact JeoMmr in game

and btw,
things like this is whats wrong with the community, making troll signups in a competitive event where the organizers, streamers and teams are working hard on participating. And all you are doing for is the lulz. So good job bringing down other players morale and willingness to continue events and try and save the community spirit.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 12:56:03 pm »
Actually Skrim, I encouraged this sign up, because it is not a troll.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:44:05 pm »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 02:30:09 am »

Wow... :-\

Although I have never participated in SCS, Im pretty sure you need to be on-line... and have 8 players ready...

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 07:50:14 am »
I just want to say, I don't know anything about it, but just because a clan signing up.only has five or six members, does not mean they may not substitute outside of the clan.
Good luck to those competing this week.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 09:19:36 am »
I just want to say, I don't know anything about it, but just because a clan signing up.only has five or six members, does not mean they may not substitute outside of the clan.
Good luck to those competing this week.

the fact that they havent been online for 3 months might be something to take into consideration.

The team will show up, because its someones smurf account.

However I think this is a wrong turn for event in goio when team signup troll teams to compete. Sure you can say in SCS it shouldnt be the biggest problem, but SCS is the only thing there is and will be from now on.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 12:27:58 pm »
In the future, sign up with primary accounts and provide a Steam contact. We don't want a precedent of using alts even if they are recognizable.
Quote from:  DJ Logicalia
Please save comments on new threads until after the event is over so we don't muddle the sign ups.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:35:49 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 04:36:22 pm »
Storm Ryders signing up!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 05:39:21 pm »
Based on the number of sign ups, I've decided to go ahead and make this a best of three. If there are any objections, we can return to double elimination, but I can't imagine a reason to.

Bracket:http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/SCS53

Map Rolls: http://pastebin.com/BB1SxvDJ

And as for the Wave Riders, personally I think it's kinda funny. I was always under the impression they were more of a parody team than a troll team. I've ran into one or two of them before, and it made me chuckle. However, if they don't show, my opinion will obviously be influenced.

Here's to a good SCS!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 06:38:41 pm »
Got a stream link?

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 06:58:57 pm »
Streamer TBD