Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 61944 times)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• Salutes: 1
    • [TDP]
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2015, 11:29:48 pm »
Aye even if we were only able to copy and paste text located in the guild message section, that would be 100 times more helpful and useful than what we have now. Icarus is a great game and I love it, but I am a bit frustrated with how restrictive it is socially. No offline messages, and inability to copy and paste makes things a bit harder. One of things most detrimental I think is that we can't find players steam names in game, we have to ask them. I don't really see the other side of the argument here where people claim "I don't want people to find my steam account, I want privacy etc." I mean aside from the fact that privacy doesn't exist nor should ever be expected on the internet lets just consider some logic here. Chances are if you are on steam, 1. your profile is in the search database meaning random people can search random names and send you friend requests. 2. You OWN a game where you can ALREADY add people to steam from directly within the game so long as they are on the same server and game as you. Some games I can think of off the top of my head are chivalry, NMRIH, Warframe, TF2, DOTA and counter strike. For a 3rd reason this is a bad argument because Guns of Icarus is associated very closely with steam already, it makes sense to link them, and ultimately when someone you don't like sends you a friend request on steam you can just ignore it and they can never send you a request again, they can't even message you. If I could more readily find people in my guild on steam, I could send them a friend request and let them know I'm their guild leader in Icarus. So THAT player not online for 20 days, just might DECIDE on his own to start playing Guns of Icarus again because of networking alone; he sees 20 of his guild mates on steam playing the game and decides to join us. Many people on guns have steam, and as such inevitably will be distracted for months by other games, so guilds in guns of icarus in a way need to be in part Steam guilds also, a bunch of friends who get together to enjoy many different games. I'd hope that Icarus could be a game people revisit more often, but the current restrictions sort of make that harder to accomplish. A massive multiplayer game needs more social freedoms, so please consider my points, and thank you. ;)

ALSO I find it odd that a Pilot can replace crew on helm but a gunner cant replace an engineer on guns. Might this be a good thing to change? Thoughts?

P.S not sure if i come across as demanding or angry but I'm not, I'm very open to keeping things anyway that MUSE decides of course! I do feel strongly about this and I said my piece so I will respect anyone else's opinions on the matter also.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:42:10 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2015, 12:57:29 am »
Captain, not pilot, replaces crew on helm. Gunner used to replace engi on guns.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 03:59:54 pm »
Firstly, devs rarely read the forum and respond even more rarily. If you want to contact them directly feel free to write at feedback@musegames.com, they are always happy to get some feedback.

Copying and pasting clan messages - I agree and I made the thread about it myself

GOIO & Steam integration - I fully disagree with you. Personally I really like that I can have GOIO-only friends in GOIO, I don't need to see that some guy that I played like 10 times in GOIO is playing Dota at the moment. If you want to add people on steam, you gotta ask them.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2015, 11:42:35 am »
Well I just recently managed to get 10 of 50 of my guilds steam names because those people logged in and I asked them. And my guild went from being one online sporadically to all 10 of us playing for four hours. Need I say more? :P Imagine if all 50 of us were on each others steam. :-[ It will take ages now before those guys 30 days gone might even login again. Sigh.

Another funny story, I asked someone if I can add them to steam, and he was like sure go ahead! and then he logged off. I don't think he realized that I can't actually get his steam name unless he tells me lol.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2015, 11:31:02 am »
I see your point, that GOIO is very social game and it's good to stay in touch with other people, but on the other hand the sheer idea of having 50 friends on steam seems riddiculous for me. I'm more kind of introvert guy and perhaps I'm not so used to Steam (I've been having it for like a 1,5 year so far) and I believe there are many people of similar character playing GOIO.

Well, I certainly can imagine option like "Show my steam name" or sth like that, which you can turn on/off (defautly disabled, because privacy).

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2015, 11:44:20 am »
I got around that by having my Steam name and GoIO name be the same thing.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »

OH DEAR GOD WHY DID THEY REMOVE THAT?

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »

Agreed

I actually think Captain can push crew off of guns, too, though, and not just AI.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2015, 05:30:03 pm »
I see your point, that GOIO is very social game and it's good to stay in touch with other people, but on the other hand the sheer idea of having 50 friends on steam seems riddiculous for me. I'm more kind of introvert guy and perhaps I'm not so used to Steam (I've been having it for like a 1,5 year so far) and I believe there are many people of similar character playing GOIO.

Well, I certainly can imagine option like "Show my steam name" or sth like that, which you can turn on/off (defautly disabled, because privacy).

Awesome suggestion, solves everyone's problem!

I've had steam 7+ years and you get friend space if you level up your steam account. I think +5 friends every few levels. So my friend list can fit 400 people. Plus I've just been on the internet a long time, since 1997, so I've played in way way way way terrible communities, where you actually had hackers, or script kiddies or whatever, I've known my fair share of talented people, I pretty much know whats possible with computers, there is no way any hacker could ever get into my steam account, unless steam had a vulnerability, in which case EVERYONE is at risk not just me, but I'm not worried about that because steams security is exceptional. The only other way is if the person knows me in real life, and can get into my e-mail or guess a secret answer or question - not likely ever going to happen.

Keep in mind one can't brute force GOOD passwords, it would literally take a few hundred thousand years, especially if you have a password that is 3 DIFFERENT made up words not found in a dictionary, with numbers, and special symbols. So for example *three23different#5667words08491* <-- with the stars and pound key included this is an unhackable password within the lifespan of a human being. Anyway just mentioning this because some people are worried to have others on their steam for security reasons.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:41:08 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2015, 05:41:22 pm »
No, the case of people like me and Disaster is that we don't "friend" people on steam or anywhere so easily. Because, well being an introvert might be the cause, don't you think?

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »
No, the case of people like me and Disaster is that we don't "friend" people on steam or anywhere so easily. Because, well being an introvert might be the cause, don't you think?
Same. I'm very slow in being willing to call someone a friend. On any medium, online or IRL.

SERIOUSLY! That needs to come back! Bloody engie noobs on my gun, and I can't get it back!

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2015, 10:12:00 pm »

I don't like the idea of gunners replacing engineers on guns.  Engineers also shoot, and there's nothing worse than the noob gunner who thinks that being gunner means that literally every gun on the ship belongs to them.  There's no reason gunner should take priority.  Everyone has their own gun responsibilities and shouldn't be able to be kicked off by any other crew.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2015, 10:16:02 pm »

I don't like the idea of gunners replacing engineers on guns.  Engineers also shoot, and there's nothing worse than the noob gunner who thinks that being gunner means that literally every gun on the ship belongs to them.  There's no reason gunner should take priority.  Everyone has their own gun responsibilities and shouldn't be able to be kicked off by any other crew.

I was thinking this exact thing.
"Maybe they removed it because of noob gunners, hm?"

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2015, 10:51:41 pm »
And my argument is when noob engies get on the main gun of a spire. And won't get off.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2015, 12:02:13 am »
Well if a captain can kick off anyone on helm, it's because it's no one's responsibility to fly except the captains unless there is no captain. Consider that every ship has more than one gun. The engineer is usually designated to a certain gun on a pyramidion for example, or the goldfish or mobula. But on a spire? on a squid? on a galleon? On the spire the bottom two guns can solely be shot by 1 gunner, on a squid all guns can be shot by one gunner, unless the captain is arcing the ship so perfectly that both front and side gun can shoot, or unless the squid is simultaneously being chased while pursuing another ship. On a galleon a double hawacha can manned solely by 1 gunner. In many instances, once gunner is only needed and yet there might be an engineer who is on guns precisely when repairs should be happening, and the gunner is sitting around pretty useless and dumb while that engineer is 1. not repairing 2. missing every shot 3. not following what the crew is telling them. Sure we can lose the game and leave the crew, and find someone better to play with, but if we find someone better to play with then the "issue" of removing them from a gun would be a none issue because we are working together and know when to be on guns and not. This ability therefore is just to override those engineers who precisely aren't doing good teamwork or listening to their crew. Since there so many guns it wouldn't be like the engineer could never gun. A gunner in my opinion should have priority on guns, not to mention the whole issue of engineers taking guns and your ammo type reverting to normal clip when they expend the clip.

So to solve this problem, gunners should be able to mark one gun, that if anyone gets in it, they can remove that person. And marking can have a time limit of 1 minute. People can still get in that one gun, but the gunner can get in it and override them. And its only 1 mark per gunner. Solves everyone's problems I think. So if I mark my hwacha at the front of a goldship, and I want to use side gun and engineer is on it, I can't remove them. I'd have to mark the side gun, wait 1 minute, and hawacha is unmarked now. Utterly obliterates the potential for abuse by dumb gunners, and it solves the dumb engineer problem. :P
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:07:07 am by Pyrate Roberts »