Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 61950 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »
The appropriate loadout for balloon on pyra is wrench buff chem. If you trust your crew and piloting there's no realistic scenario where you wouldn't want a buff engi on balloon. From Roberts description it sounds like the right call to bring buff. From a captain's perspective it can be very risky especially if you don't utilize the buff advantages.

As a young pilot I didn't let anyone bring buff but I was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:27:41 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »
The appropriate loadout for balloon on pyra is wrench buff chem. If you trust your crew and piloting there's no realistic scenario where you wouldn't want a buff engi on balloon. From Roberts description it sounds like the right call to bring buff. From a captain's perspective it can be very risky especially if you don't utilize the buff advantages.

As a young pilot I didn't let anyone bring buff but I was wrong.

Appropriate if the gunner is spanner mallet, it's all situational too...
My overall point, is to try and let Roberts know there are different opinions in the matter (as this thread has proven well) and it should all be taken with a pinch of salt and a dose of friendliness, rather than getting peeved every time an opinion differs 8)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2015, 05:44:50 pm »
Even with a wrench gunner I'd rather have a buff on balloon in all circumstances. Pyramidion is my most played ship, but for newer pilots it's less risky to have a main kit on balloon.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• Salutes: 1
    • [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2015, 11:28:35 am »
Thanks guys I like reading different ideas and opinions on what to bring and what is best under what circumstances, all very informative. :)

I tend to agree with blackened more, if you have a spanner mallet engie, then a second engie with buff on pyramidion will only optimize everything, the spanner mallet would do main repairs, the buff on the guns gives you a big edge in combat especially if you have a pilot that is not flying into 2 vs 1 all the time etc. But yeah from a captains perspective if they don't know you it can seem like a big risk.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2015, 11:35:37 am »
Oh yes, don't get me wrong, Pies is right, triple engie very often has a major benefit over double engi one gunner, I just happen to fly with a lot of people who very often fight over who will be gunner, having two engineers feels like a god send, and if I'm not on a pyramidion, the balloon becomes a lot more vulnerable to carronades, banshees lumberjacks etc... There are obviously many situations and variables to keep in mind, and very often a spanner mallet buff engineer along side a wrench buff chem engi performs well. Ideal world versus pub matches often makes a difference, playing with friends and randoms can make a difference too. :)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 12:35:32 pm »
I'd like the possibility to refer people to guns of Icarus and it being recognized, when they first join the game there might be an option someplace to put down the name of the person who referred you to the game. If you refer 5 or 10 people, or really any amount, that's all relative and up to you guys, then you get an item or something else, maybe a badge too like community helper or something. I think this type of incentive is especially needed with the low population currently. Similarly, if you buy the game for other people on steam, perhaps the possibility for Guns of Icarus to know that you bought copies of the game and gave it to friends, prompting a different type of reward. Which of course would require talking to steam to see if its possible and would take longer to implement, but something to think about.

I also would like the option to quick list the friends list in different orders.
So sorting methods, to sort by clan; people in clans first, people not in clans first.
To sort from last log in, which currently it doesn't do, I have people who logged in 39 minutes ago showing up after people who logged in a day ago, and then someone who logged in 5 days ago is first etc.
Possibly the ability to star certain players, so they always appear first on your list.
So yeah I just think there needs to be a bit more infrastructure with the lists, especially the clan list needs sort functions for member count, likes, and so on.
And the clan pages really definitely need more text space.

A way to leave offline messages to clan members so when they login they can get it. Much needed now to keep clans active, and together, like I want to ask my clan members for their steam account names but I am not online when they are. (Might exist already)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:52:12 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »
Restructuring the friends list I can definitely agree to, but I'm not so sure about referral rewards.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 12:53:41 pm »
We already get rewards for just reaching levels, and presumably we will never run out of hats, goggles, etc, because we have an external dev program open to the public aside from the fact that maybe MUSE will make more items eventually. 

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:45 pm »
Forwarded the referral rewards system to Muse, the only problem I foresee is how to protect it from people abusing the family sharing idea, although I imagine the guys could work something out about that.

On a side note, you can refer people in game through social media just check the bottom right of the screen once you log it. Though its not rewarded it is appreciated. 8)

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:35 pm »
On a note about clans, in the community tab you can see clans based on most active, newest, largest amount of members, most likes.
Also the friends list has been pointed out a few times before with a fair few suggestions towards it, I think it is something that is due to be looked after after co-op.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 01:05:15 pm »
Yeah but the sorting of clans for most active, etc, is top 6 only. It's not an actual list of all clans sorted. The clan list on the left is the actual list where I'd like those sort features.

Clan list on the left is sorted by most likes. So i have to go through 500 pages to try determine what clans are the biggest?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:07:44 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:44 pm »
True it's not the easiest system to work with. :)

Also a side note: Muse have said its a good idea and something they do want to do. :)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »
Yeah that's good  :)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2015, 11:42:24 pm »
Ability to click links, or to copy and paste them at least.

Kind of detrimental to ask my guild to join our steam group using Message one, and then each of them having to type out the whole link, after writing it down on paper first so they don't have to alt-tab 10 times. If they could at least copy and paste the link it would be easier, clicking links, even better. I know people will send bad links or something and that is why we don't allow clicking links, but seriously, people can take care of themselves, and should only click links from friends or people they trust anyway. It's their job to be responsible, one could always make it so when you click a link in game a warning pops up, reminding them it could be harmful, or maybe only let links sent by people in your friend list or guild be clickable if that is even possible. But copy and paste more readily helps to avoid all these issues since it takes more effort, and you wont copy and paste something unless you know what it is, as opposed to a 1 second click.. but I can't seem to find a way to copy things inside the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:45:21 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2015, 01:15:10 am »
This has been suggested a few times before and forwarded to muse a few days ago, something I'd like to see too one day.