Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 62702 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »
Every pyra needs a wrench buff chem on balloon. Next time tell them BlackenedPies says it's ok. The much bigger problem was not having a spanner mallet buff on gat.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:29:23 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2015, 12:33:31 pm »
Will you quite pushing your triple engie agenda in other threads? There's already one for that.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 12:38:59 pm »
If you are up against a tough fight then you need a spanner mallet buff. There's no reason to ever have a gunner on a gat or almost every other gun. It's not an agenda because I love facing opponent gunners when I don't want a challenge- just letting Roberts know what's up.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:43:33 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
Again, there are other threads for this. But yeah gatling requires 0 skill to use. Some ammos however can change things up. Lesmok and greased for example.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
Gat requires skill to maximize damage on only armor (and reload when armor breaks). Lesmok isn't necessary for gat mortar but if you wanna bring it then ok, buffed regular is 33% higher dps than greased.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:04:31 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »
You only look at the raw damage stat. With lesmok I can get the first hit in. Then I switch to greased. Think about the varying ranges and effects of the ammo, not just raw damage. Heavy isn't half bad either, if your trying to disable guns or engines.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:29 pm »
Off topic regarding triple engineers: I agree with Pies, but in Public matches never push it because I know how much of a bitch it is to level Gunner... But that's off topic...

To Roberts: The story I said does not mean Muse or Mods took any action, it means the individual was scared.
Moderators and Muse staff read every report and deal with them all on a case by case basis, no action is taken unless the TOS is broken and it is something worth spending time on, if the matter is purely trivial they move on. Try not to blow things out of proportion or make much ado about nothing is the overall moral of the story. 8)

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »
Ideally you will never need lesmok for a metamidion. Even with a gunner you rush into greased range asap (maybe start with heavy). But if you wanna bring lesmok and start off with it then ok bring spanner mallet buff lesmok. For all intents and purposes avoid lesmok gat, you're better off with hades.

The best use for heavy is not against components, but against armor. Use it to maximize damage only to armor. Spanner mallet buff heavy clip is effective because one buffed clip is even enough to break junker armor while being repaired with mallet. Buffed regular can 1 clip buffed galleon armor with mallet!

Gat mortar is much more effective against armor than components. You should never aim for light guns and against heavy guns you're much better off with a buff. Engines are a rare target and I encourage freely shooting (buffed) mortar at them along with gat.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:32:56 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »
Ideally you will never need lesmok for a metamidion. Even with a gunner you rush into greased range asap (maybe start with heavy). But if you wanna bring lesmok and start off with it then ok bring spanner mallet buff lesmok. For all intents and purposes avoid lesmok gat, you're better off with hades.

The best use for heavy is not against components, but against armor. Use it to maximize damage only to armor. Spanner mallet buff heavy clip is effective because one buffed clip is even enough to break junker armor while being repaired with mallet. Buffed regular can 1 clip buffed galleon armor with mallet!

When I flew meta with TT, it was often spanner mallet buff for the gunner with greased or heavy, heavy for Junkers and Squids, greased for the rest of the world. :)

But on the point of load outs again...
Roberts, yes sometimes the pilot may not be making the best choices, or other times there may be something you didn't take into account. For example I will avoid a wrench buff engineer when against blenders and Hwachas, because the wrench is sometimes just not enough to get the ship out of trouble, is it possible that you were against such and the pilot wanted to prevent such disaster?

Just because you think you know "right" does not mean you always do, even if "your way" was successful, that could just be luck, or it could be the pilot didn't have optimal loadouts and you were right, but claiming arrogance while showing such does not make friends.. Also looking for trivial reasons to dislike people makes.it harder on yourself to take part in social games matey :)

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »
And here we have differences pies. I don't really care for the competitive scene. I play this game to have fun with friends, not to get in some competition where the only reward is bragging rights. I'm not dissing competitive players, but I've seen the result of what happens when some people play it to much. They burn themselves out. I play this game to have fun, but in the end, it is a game.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »
I play for fun and with no care about achievs or leveling. In the old system I was level 12 before MM booted me to 45. Most of my matches are with pub crews.

For various reasons you will eventually find yourself at a disadvantage in battles. Having a spanner mallet buff is an equalizer. If you're against a spanner mallet buff then chances are you will lose without one. It's good to be prepared.

Of course everyone wants to be the gunner but there's a far more effective alternative that helps prepare you and doesn't stare your other engis in the face. Crewing a 3 engi ship is great learning for new players and I'm continually impressed by the performance from random scrubs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:29:39 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 02:31:26 pm »
That, in my opinion, is the biggest problem, the sheer volume of people who only want to be gunners, even if you can shoot as a gungineer, leveling gunner can be a real pain, especially if you're into achievements and leveling.. Unless you're lucky and find a nice captain who lets you rag along as his gunner all the time...

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 02:32:48 pm »
I think though if one is an engineer, I find a team will already have an engineer with a mallet and spanner, and the captain wants me to use those too because he dislikes the dynabuff and thinks it's useless. I am really good at buffing.

Dude.
It's not about "like" or "dislike" buff kit.

Imagine a situation like that:
You see a guy who goes for some shooting action wearing a fucking full-plate armour.
What you'd probably do is getting the spare bullet-proof vest with helmet and tell him: "Dude, come on, wear this".

And he goes with: "Oh no, my full-plate is better, I fought in it before, and does not constrain my movement very much.

And few minutes later he is shot in a bloody guts multiple times with hollow points.

And nobody can help him, because in full-plate he is heavy as fuck, nor medic or anybody can take it off to get an access to his wounds.

And now imagine that your asses rely solely on his good health, for some reason.

And vice versa - you'll not wear a bulletproof vest for medieval combat.

It's not about like and dislike. It's about bloody tactics. If your captain wants you to have ANOTHER STANDARD KIT, it means that HE DOESN'T NEED A BUFF KIT.

I ask myself - when the hell people will start using their brains...

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 03:12:29 pm »
Soooo... Use appropriate equipment?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »
if you want to have fun in this game, figure out and try things on your own. Don't listen to him.