Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 61957 times)

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• Salutes: 1
    • [TDP]
    • View Profile
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 06:17:38 pm »
Well I just started getting loadouts sent all of a sudden, played two weeks fine without it, plenty of high level captains communicated and everyone got along fine. My communication level? chances are on american servers I speak english, I enter matches and say hey all, or hey guys, like come on, your not playing with apes, humans are on the other end. Though sometimes I doubt that myself.. It's just more polite to wait a few seconds, maybe give the guy who just joined a heads up what your plan is, before sending load outs, MY example above when I made my first post was that I just entered, and there was 220 seconds and I got sent a load out.. sigh anyway i'll just agree to disagree..  :-\

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »
I believe the issue is more to do with etiquette, rather then any actual game mechanic.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 06:31:50 pm »
Regardless of experience level, when someone joins in I give them a loadout and tell them their position.

If I join someone's ship there's nothing wrong with immediately sending me a loadout. I decline it and put it into the order I'm used to, and then tell the captain that I have the correct loadout. If I have a question then I ask. It's a common routine.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »
They could just make it so you can't send loadouts to a person until 50 seconds after that person joined. Unless there is 50 seconds left before the match starts. This promotes etiquette, and talking, and being friendly in my opinion. I see no great distress to be caused by this condition either, I agree sending loadouts is definitely necessary for new players, and for matches about to start and even just for people not so annoyed by getting a load out, like people who see that as "yes thanks for sending that I dont have to look at anything". Personally I like to see whats going on and make my own load out. But yeah maybe its not something that can be maintained by a game mechanic carn, so its just etiquette and to each his own I guess. I don't know. I agree the captains ship, it's semi his rules, but its a team game and it takes a crew to do anything. Seen plenty a captains lose their whole crew because the captain was the one who didn't know what he/she was doing. :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:36:48 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 06:37:11 pm »
You can't always make your own loadout. If the captain wants a specific loadout you have 3 choices: bring it, ask about an alternative, or leave.

I've never found anything wrong with being sent a loadout. I always decline because it's in the wrong order but i bring it. Being sent a loadout tells you your position. I don't see what's rude about it.

The captain knows the loadout you need but you don't always know the loadout the captain needs.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:41:23 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:37 pm »
I'd rather not. I've not heard complaints about this before. If I'm flying under a captain who knows what they are doing, I take the loadout. I've personally never had someone jump their loadout on me before I can check out the ship, so maybe I got lucky. Reversely, you may have run into a series of annoying captains. Its the internet, what are you going to do?

Anyways, you can always accept the loadout, check the ship, then change your loadout if needed. It doesn't tell them that.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »
Aye thanks guys I'll just accept load outs and let the annoyance pass. But yeah it was a few in a row so I got a bit frustrated there..  :-\

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 06:44:01 pm »
I never stick with captains who act like that. Either I bail from the lobby, or leave once the match is done.

Offline SapphireSage

• Salutes: 11
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2015, 09:54:36 pm »
Whenever I captain I strive to tell my crew the tools they need to bring and their positions and let them know their roles on my ships. The main reason I do this though is so that if they dc from the game and rejoin I can be confident that they have the tools I asked of them since recommended loadouts disappear when you dc from the servers or logoff. Though I think it might also help them to learn about the tools I'm telling them to bring as I talk them through the tools and why they need it for their assigned task. In my experience, I've rarely had any problems with getting someone to bring the tools I ask of them in the 60 seconds given when someone joins. Typically, I've only really had trouble with the "only plays gunner" type of pubs that refuse to listen what I ask of them, but they typically refuse recommended loadouts anyway. My recommended loadouts are only really used in an emergency afk player type situation.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 03:50:43 am »
Roberts, don't think pilots rude or arrogant because they use, what could be one of the most useful features in this this game, as a captain who pilots public matches and competitively I find it needed...
If I'm lucky to get a lobby with 220seconds left on the timer, I may not be lucky to have other pilots to use this time. That 220 seconds is often cut short by lower level players who will scream down their mics "Ready Up noobs!" And as the pilot, its my job to know firstly, what ships and loadouts my enemy have, including tools of the players on their ship, what ship my ally intends to take before I decide what ship and weapons I'm taking, then I need to pick that ship and make sure my crew have the tools I need while also making sure my ally has a loadout to make their lives easier too.. So I send the recommended loadouts, 8 times out of 10 in public matches, people decline the loadout, not because they find it rude, but because they think they know better, all the while  I'm communicating with my ship and ally ship..
So I tell the people who decline the loadout why I need them to have the tools I recommended. If they accept, great I know we have the right tools..
In competitive matches, my team would always accept the loadouts I'd offer, if they needed it, but in competitive its not just making sure about having the right tools, it would be discussing with my co-pilots tactics, who would go where, who would do what, who would target who...

Oh another thing to keep in mind, in public matches, I will play with different people, many of which do not want to or can not because of language barriers communicate, language barrier players I find are happy to accept loadouts, leaving me with that 8 out of 10 players who think they know better... A gunner taking lochnager for Hwacha and claiming he's a pro gamer from league... An engineer who is taking pipe wrench extinguisher and chem.spray because he is petrified of fire, even if the enemy team has no weapons to deal fire damage, two guys who "only play gunner" because they are "ex military best shot bruh" or the guy who.thinks I'm an arsehole because I recommended him a set of tools he already has, but does not realise the ammo was different...If someone communicates with me, great, sometimes people like their tools in different order. (for example the ongoing spanner mallet, mallet spanner war)

The day before yesterday I offered a gunner a lumberjack loadout after he claimed he was the "best shot in the game" after 3 matches... And he starts saying the ammo he has are "Gud for any gun u nub pilot dnt no shit" I recommended tools for the engineers, while explaining to the gunner why the ammos I gave the gunner would make his job easier... Imagine my frustration after this, and this is such a common thing during sales... (Incidentally the round was lost because the gunner missed every shot except.three on the LJ)

Don't let people think you're one of the bad guys... If you are given a recommended loadout, firstly be thankful you have a pilot who is not just going to leave after first death, and will try to.communicate, because recommended loadouts themselves are a way of communicating, they show the crew five tools which will be needed in a second, which could take much longer to tell someone on mic, if you want to decline, just tell your pilot you will take the stuff needed but want to re-order it, chances are you'll end up in a funny spanner maller, mallet spanner debate :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 07:23:56 am »
What Kamoba said.
That's why we don't like new players. That's why we especially don't want new players on our ships.
That's why my blocklist is so big.

Captain giving you recommended loadout is a good thing. I don't, because I rarely pilot and I'm a lazy fuck :P

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 07:57:05 am »
Aye thanks guys I'll just accept load outs and let the annoyance pass. But yeah it was a few in a row so I got a bit frustrated there..  :-\

You know what's frustrating?

When a new player declines a balanced, reasonable loadout, well aligned with guns aboard, a role meant for said new player, and "style" pilot want to fly.

If you have bloody doubts, then why not asking questions? Most experienced players will answer, and if you are unlucky enough to stumble upon a pissed veteran, you still have a chance of soothing the said veteran by showing that:
a) You communicate
b) You want to learn

Unless he answers with cyrillic.
Then fly, fly fool.

Edit: On the other hand, recently new players grew a new, strange habit of leaving my ship soon after declining the loadout I gave them. Uff. Thank God, one problem less.

Let's clear things up; I AM an asshole, but I try to show that only to those who try to be disobedient, thus giving me difficult time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:02:42 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 08:34:01 am »
I had a new player leave my ship yesterday... Turns out from his friend who stayed on my ship he'd been given a warning because someone reported him and was trying to hide from Muse, Mods and CAs... I was tempted to tell one of the online mods, but I figured I'd let him live life in petrified fear of being "found" until his friends explain, blue names don't need to be in the same.lobby to find him.

That's a little of topic though...

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 08:58:55 am »
Veterans sad everyday reality

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 12:08:25 pm »
Report can just be abused though, 90% of cases there would be no evidence of anything, MUSE would be irresponsible to take action based on reports alone, they'd probably have to watch someone for a bit to determine if their behavior is against the TOS. Chances are it is if you have like 10 reports against you. But you know sometimes people should be given the benefit of the doubt, and if you have 1 or 2 reports against you it might also mean the people who reported you where the bad apples and you were trying to get away.

My friend had like a bunch of reports against him for yelling ALLAHU ACKBAR in his mic once or twice pre game, and he wasn't being racist, or rude, and he doesn't sound 12 on mic. He literally was just having fun. No one even said hey shut up. But he thinks that is what he got reported a bunch of times for because there is literally nothing else. But I suppose people could have just blocked him rather than reported.

Anyway thanks everyone for input on load outs, it's something more to consider.

I think though if one is an engineer, I find a team will already have an engineer with a mallet and spanner, and the captain wants me to use those too because he dislikes the dynabuff and thinks it's useless. I am really good at buffing. I actually have time to buff and prebuff everything before we enter battle. On a pyramidion, I can prebuff the gatling, and mortar, and when we are in range, I can finish the buff on the gatling just as he starts to fire, and run over to the mortar just in time for it to get into range, and buff the mortar, then fire 3 shots to help the gatling, and then unload with the mortar once the gatling gets through the hull and make instant kills. Buffing didn't waste time, it didn't prevent me from getting kills, it didn't stop me from also putting out fires on the balloon in the middle of all of that. Not to mention since I buffed and pre buffed everything before we entered battle our balloon was buffed, our engines were still buffed, and our hull was buffed. But the captain is sending me load outs to switch and getting mad if I don't play engineer the way he wants despite the fact we already have a mallet/spanner engie. sigh And I think the timing is a bit off for one gunner to run between the two guns on a pyramidion, I've seen gatlin redline a ship, and then the ship repairs it fast enough to make 1 gunner on the two guns not work 100% of the time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:25:10 pm by Pyrate Roberts »