Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 61942 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »
Or more specifically, we are guaranteed to see more maps with in co op mode :):)
Though geysers would be nice...
A tornado or two wouldn't hurt.
The lightning storms look awesome already  8)

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 06:56:07 pm »
I once suggested a night time volcanic map, mountains that now and again spew fire that would need to be dodged in some areas, other areas with roaming thick smoke clouds that dont do damage but ruin line of sight. The only light would be from the volcanic vents and fire. But that would be really hardcore hard...but I think it would be fun

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• Salutes: 1
    • [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 10:02:55 am »
Most things listed here

1. have been done already because I just got back after a long hiatus and never knew the features were in place already
2. are just my ideas that I like to express and get out there, I will try not to debate them, if people like it that is good! and if not that is good also!
3. If an idea is liked by MUSE then it really is up to them if such an idea is possible to do, how to prioritize it and so on, so most suggestions are just here for whenever the developers can get around to it, they have a list of ideas to look at and consider.

So yeah its perfectly fine that MUSE is working on adventure mode and nothing else right now. Keep in mind I didn't ask for new maps. The idea was to have new elements on existing maps, environmental ones, that cause damage. Game modes I suggested are probably the easiest thing to implement, they require no changes graphically, just my guess is like 4 hours of code to set some parameters or something, but I could be totally wrong.

IDEA:
In clan list, on the left side of the screen is a list of clans, but there is no sort function there. I'd like to be able to sort clans by member count, likes, and so on. The right side of the screen has some sorting tabs for most active guild etc, but that only displays top 6.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:15:20 am by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »
A way to add people to party while in the game flying ship.

A way to see my PING while in game flying a ship.

Is there a way to do any of these?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 01:19:07 pm »
I believe you can add party by pressing esc and opening social tab.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 01:34:23 pm »
I think you can check your ping, by pressing the squiggle button next to the 1. I don't know the technical name.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 01:34:47 pm »
You can see your ping if you hit tilde (hit it again to get rid of the graph)

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 01:36:18 pm »
So that's what its called.......I'll probably forget.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »
So that's what its called.......I'll probably forget.

I just call it "quote"

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 04:30:25 pm »
Arr

tilde is pretty standard on most games, brings up console usually, alright thanks carn, and everyone else.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 05:19:30 pm »
Sending load outs is becoming dumb. If I'm level 20 I think I should have some say in how I play. I didn't buy a game to be dictated to on how to play by others. What's most annoying about it is, I enter a match there is 220 seconds on the clock, and the captain immediately sends me a load out. Can you wait for me to get my bearings? To check ships? To check what the crew has? I can set up my own crap but furthermore it's actually NICE to use your MIC and tell the person, hey this is what we are doing, do you think you might want to switch to that? Or to have a captain who is willing to work with some of your choices. Instead we have pretentious arrogant captains not even asking, just sending load outs, then rage quitting if you decline. I'm going to block everyone who sends me a loadout without first asking me to change something.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:24:09 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
Well thats a little harsh there Roberts. You have to remember that pilots already have those load outs saved and ready to go so why wouldn't they send them? They're not locked. Its great you want to discuss load outs with your captains and I imagine the majority are willing to do so, however its hardly rude for them to start the discussion by sending you there suggestion of a load out.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 05:51:43 pm »
They have those loadouts because that's how they run their ship. When I pilot, I expect the crew to listen to what I am saying. I'm not opposed to suggestions and advice, or a request that the ship change, but I do expect them to take the loadout I designate, unless they can suggest a better one.

Offline Pyrate Roberts

• [TDP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:21 pm »
Yeah well it's kind of rude to send load outs I think UNLESS the match is just about to begin and there is literally 10 seconds left. I literally just enter and I get spammed loadouts. I don't see why they can't get on a mic and say hey take this ammo, it is in part a social game, and being communicative is a big part of it, unless they've got no mic. I mean I have no chance to see the ship and guns, I'm perfectly capable of knowing what ammo type goes with what gun, I've been playing awhile now, played with a bunch of experienced players who helped me, AND I read some good guides. It's just arrogant captains thinking everyone is dumb and they know best imo, proven by the fact that at least 50% of the people I've declined load outs from immediately leave the match and don't even bother to talk. They don't even get that I need like 50 seconds to see whats going on and if by then I still have a bad load out, they can send me theirs. I have no chance to show that I know how to make a loadout myself. Part of the fun of the game is making my loadout based on what the captain is doing, I don't need to be hand held through that.. not to mention if we have two engies, there is some flexibility there on what each can bring.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:01:29 pm by Pyrate Roberts »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 06:02:13 pm »
How is the pilot supposed to already know that you know best or that you know where you are wanted on the ship. Imagine you jump on my ship and see I am a meta galleon with an Lumberjack, a Heavy Flak, and a Hades on the left. I probably need a gunner and two engineers each with very different ammos, do you know who is already doing what cause if you go engineer with lesmok, and the other goes engineer with lesmok, one of y'all is wasting your ammo on my flak. I've no idea your communication level, whether I'll need 4 seconds or 100 seconds to get you to switch ammos or tools. Why wouldn't I send a recommended load out? I chat at the same time, but sending the recommendation will always be the first thing I do.

Recommended load outs are a great way to quickly suggest a load out. Instantly assuming arrogance is its own arrogance.